Author Topic: Omega Cricket Match 27/11  (Read 1334 times)

Moi

Omega Cricket Match 27/11
« on: October 20, 2005, 12:51:33 PM »
Each year the club has an annual cricket match for charity - and each year i post something about it.  It's on again this year, and for those who like watching rotten cricket played by great footballers, this is the match to come to.  It's a great day out. I think i've only missed one match, and am looking forward again to this one.

Hope others from here will come this year and support a great event.

Cheers

Tigers pitch in for charity . . .
richmondfc.cocm.au
9:01:28 AM Mon 17 October, 2005

The annual Mike Smith Cup cricket match between Richmond Football Club and Omega Cricket Club will take place at the Bricker Reserve, Rowans Road, Moorabbin on Sunday, November 27 from 1pm.

Get along and see the Tigers, led by Matty Richardson, Mark Coughlan, Brett Deledio and co, take on Omega’s best, in this limited overs (20 per side) ‘slogfest’.

A host of celebrities and players from other AFL clubs will take it in turns to officiate as umpires throughout the match.

There will be stacks of fun on offer for all the family, including a jumping castle, showbags, face painting, a display of police and fire vehicles, plus plenty of food, refreshments and giveaways.

A sporting memorabilia charity auction and $1000 ‘last ticket out’ draw will round out a terrific afternoon of entertainment (please note that 100% of money raised from the auction will be donated to charity).

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Omega Cricket Match 27/11
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 01:50:26 PM »
I think you'll be pleasantly suprised by Lids performance in this game Mio, he will pull some serious pwnage on those other guys!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 04:16:14 PM »
I think you'll be pleasantly suprised by Lids performance in this game Mio, he will pull some serious pwnage on those other guys!

So true Razor. It'll be the Lids show :thumbsup.

Remember the late David Hookes wanted to give Lids a Victorian cricket contract to try and dissuade him from AFL. Thankfully for us Lids stuck to footy.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2005, 04:44:59 PM »
IIRC Lids was rushed into the team for last years game just a couple of days after being drafted - such is his ability  ;D :thumbsup

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Moi

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2005, 10:55:25 PM »
Guys, i just go for the perv lol
Bonus if they can play  :rollin

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2005, 11:13:13 PM »
Bump.

Just a reminder the charity Omega-RFC cricket match is this Sunday at 1pm at the Bricker Reserve, Rowans Road, Moorabbin (just off South Road).

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers to the fore in aid of charity (RFC site)
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2005, 06:57:37 PM »
Tigers to the fore in aid of charity
4:01:05 PM Thu 8 December, 2005
Ivan Delic, Omega Cricket Club captain
richmondfc.com.au

For six years, the Richmond Football Club has given back to the community, in a great display of public service, by competing against the Omega Cricket Club for the ‘Mike Smith Cup’.

While cricket isn’t the preferred sporting option for the Tiger boys, these naturally- talented athletes certainly have shown us a thing or two about the game.

In the most recent clash for the Mike Smith Cup, an awesome crowd of more than 1000 people turned up at Bricker Reserve Oval in Moorabbin to witness both the Bowden brothers – Joel and Patrick – smash some huge boundaries on their way to half-centuries.

Brett Deledio sent down some ‘thunderbolt’ deliveries that resulted in Omega batsmen losing their stumps.

Nathan Brown tried his hand at leg-spin, however, I would rather place trust in his kicking for goal, than his bowling capabilities.

Andrew Kellaway was brilliant behind the stumps, while Adam Pattison and Dean Polo certainly gave the crowd some entertainment with the bat and in the field.

Omega was fortunate to win this year’s Mike Smith Cup with a nerve-racking six hit off the last ball of the day. This brought the overall record in these matches to 4-2 in Richmond’s favor.

Clearly, this now is an event that players from both sides look forward to each year. It must be pointed out, however, that the Mike Smith Cup wouldn’t have even got off the ground if it wasn’t for the outstanding organisation and determination of Richmond trainer and Omega Life Member Chris ‘Dizzy’ Smith.

The event has grown each year, as word has got out what a unique day it is. And, it has raised more and more money for charity. This year, alone, more than $7500 was raised on the day.

Thanks to Chris Smith and all the sponsors of the Mike Smith Cup. But a special thank you must go to the Richmond Football Club for its wonderful support of this event and assistance with the charity fund-raising.

From the Omega Cricket Club, good luck to the Tigers in 2006, and we look forward to seeing you all at next year’s Mike Smith Cup match . . .

• Footnote: The Richmond Football Club wishes to advise that the funds raised from this year’s Mike Smith Charity Cup match will be given to the “Tigers in Community Foundation” to distribute to one of the four major charity programs it looks after – St Mary’s House of Welcome in Fitzroy. Previously, Richmond has provided funds raised from the annual cricket match to charities such as Very Special Kids and the Lighthouse Foundation.

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=240033

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
RFC-Omega cricket match pics (thanks to Moi)
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2005, 04:31:02 AM »
Here's some pics from the cricket game the other week courtesy of Moi's perving camera  ;).

And here's Richo lol