Author Topic: Greg Miller on Sport 927 (audio and summary)  (Read 825 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Greg Miller on Sport 927 (audio and summary)
« on: November 29, 2005, 03:03:42 PM »
Greg Miller was on Sport 927 this morning:

http://www.sport927.com.au/gateway/Daily_Audio/Sound%20Grabs/GM_291105.asx

* Had a draft party but no draftees lol.

* At pick 6 or 7 we thought we might still get a tall but once they were picked up we went for pace - Oakley-Nicholls - 188cm, can run and carry the footy, good kid. Very happy to get him and then we still got the next best tall in Hughes at 24.

* Hughes is quick on the lead, clever in traffic to give himself time, confident to turn on both-sides of his body, good shot at goal - needs to work on aerobic strength to chase and put forward pressure. Miller off to Adelaide to meet his family. Will be back Thursday. Thought Hughes would be taken middle of first round (10-12) and we would have gone for Casserley at 24. Luckily for us Casserley was still around at 40. So we reckon we've got 2 first rounders and a second rounder.

* Casserley - one of those modern day footballers - good balance, good kick and user of the footy, good aerobic capacity (15.2 beep) to work his way up and down the ground. Worked his way from Swan Districts reserves into their seniors then based on form was a late inclusion into U18  international side. Played some good footy in the seniors - played half-back.

* First 3 pics would be - Murphy, Ellis, Dowler. Hawks have done well as Miller liked all their choices - Bailey, Muston and Tuck. Surprised Thomas was taken at 2. A bit inconsistent but is an attacking player who had a good U18 finals. Ellis classier than Thomas.

* No guarantee will use our PSD pick. We may use our PSD pick on a rookie. Highly unlikely we'll take a mature player. Haynes and Bulleen aren't training with us anymore.

* Browny - at his cheeky best. Well advanced of where we thought he would be. Target round 1.

* Training is just as intense but no soft-tissue injuries like last year when Terry put pressure on the some of the guys. Pleasing as boys bodies have toughened up.

* Cogs to get help by adding to midfield depth (Polo) so he can have a rest and last longer through the year. We asked alot of Mark this year.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 06:33:10 PM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Greg Miller on Sport 927 (audio and summary)
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 04:21:48 AM »
Miller yesterday - No guarantee will use our PSD pick. We may use our PSD pick on a rookie. Highly unlikely we'll take a mature player. Haynes and Bulleen aren't training with us anymore.

The Age today - With Marc Bullen granted permission to train with Richmond yesterday link

Someone at the Age has got their wires crossed ???

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 08:40:06 AM »
Haynes and Bulleen aren't training with us anymore.

That's what I've heard too

All I can say is

Hell-lay-loo-ya

:rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 09:03:06 AM »

"I said amen brother!"