Author Topic: Assistant coaches [merged]  (Read 50357 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Assistant coaches [merged]
« Reply #255 on: September 28, 2023, 09:30:51 PM »

Thanks for making my point clearer. Contracts dont mean jack. If they want to be broken they would be.

Lets be honest you have no idea who is on a contract, and i very much doubt Teague is on a contract that extends beyond this year. He isnt leppa or mcqualter and has proven sfa as an assistant and coach.

I dont remember Yze ever mentioning most are on contracts, but i may have missed it. Seems very strange a new coach would publicly state coaches are contracted or not.

Also you are the one who rambles on about contracts and not breaking them, soft cap this soft cap that.

As for your comment George I have always said Truck needs one more year as he has only been back for one. He was valuable as an assistant. Teague has had enough chances IMO and is a proven dud.

You really don't get it do you? An assistant can asked to be released from their contract it has been happening for years. But a club if they terminate an assistants contract have to pay most of it out. Seriously it isn't that difficult to understand... then again perhaps it is

Regarding the RFC's current assistant coaches from page 48 from Monday's Herald Sun under the heading "DUSTY IS YZE’S PRIORITY" 7th paragraph

"Said Yze on Ratten: "We have a meeting on Mondayto work out who is contracted, but the majority of our coaches are contracted and good at what they do. We will workout if there are any gaps in our program and he would be someone we would talk to if there are any spaces available""

So hopefully that proves to you that he said what I've posted a couple about the majority of our assistants being contracts

And before you start twisting things. I have never said ALL I have only posted that Yze said the MAJORITY

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #256 on: November 12, 2023, 05:36:49 AM »
Stuart Dew and Ben Rutten have both knocked back an offer to join the Crows' coaching team.

Rutten is more than happy with his role as an assistant at Richmond following his departure from Essendon.

https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/adelaide-miss-out-on-attempts-to-lure-stuart-dew-ben-rutten-among-other-to-deputise-matthew-nicks-c-12504240

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #257 on: November 13, 2023, 02:25:56 PM »
Saw Alex Rance in a Gold Coast kit today and it broke my heart a bit seeing him in red and yellow

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #258 on: November 13, 2023, 03:05:44 PM »
Newy & Ziebell on their first day at training as Tiger assistant coaches.

https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC/status/1723911454280294880

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #259 on: November 13, 2023, 05:18:32 PM »
Newman to Short: "So think you're the best unaccountable stat padding half-back flanker that goes missing when the heat's on eh?  Pfft - I'll show you how it's really done..." :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #260 on: November 13, 2023, 10:31:56 PM »
Saw Alex Rance in a Gold Coast kit today and it broke my heart a bit seeing him in red and yellow

Will last 1-1.5 years …

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #261 on: November 14, 2023, 05:20:23 AM »
I think the addition of Newman and Ziebell is exciting, hopefully they all gel really well

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #262 on: November 14, 2023, 01:32:50 PM »
Newman to Short: "So think you're the best unaccountable stat padding half-back flanker that goes missing when the heat's on eh?  Pfft - I'll show you how it's really done..." :shh

:lol. He’s pointing to the best spot to wax the ball from
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #263 on: November 20, 2023, 09:01:32 PM »
Would be a smart move by @Richmond_FC to have a convo with former Tiger Jeromey Webberley the coach of Tassie Devils about coming onboard as an assistant or development coach. Has done a great job with Tassie Devils.

https://twitter.com/freakyherc/status/1726538755736301992

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #264 on: November 20, 2023, 09:13:59 PM »
Would be a smart move by @Richmond_FC to have a convo with former Tiger Jeromey Webberley the coach of Tassie Devils about coming onboard as an assistant or development coach. Has done a great job with Tassie Devils.

Absolutely not!  >:(

Will never forget his petulant display up in Cairns all those years ago. Wouldn't chase, wouldn't tackle did absolutely nothing. Embarrassed the jumper that day. For memory was subbed out before half time. Disgraceful performance. Rightly never played for the Tigers again.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #265 on: November 21, 2023, 08:22:22 AM »

Will never forget his petulant display up in Cairns all those years ago. Wouldn't chase, wouldn't tackle did absolutely nothing. Embarrassed the jumper that day. For memory was subbed out before half time. Disgraceful performance. Rightly never played for the Tigers again.

Look how dismal our team was that day haha.

Bachelor, Derickx, Gus Graham, Moore, McGuane, Dea, Adam Maric, O'Hanlon, Webberley.

We really were the pits fmd.

Personally I don't even remember Web's petulance but that was an era to forget and you'd be hard pressed to find many blokes worth a coaching role bar the legit leaders we had.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #266 on: December 12, 2023, 07:01:41 PM »
Teague in charge of the fwds, as he was in '22 when we were #1 for scoring in the comp #GoTiges

https://twitter.com/Jonesracing82/status/1734445772786319645

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #267 on: December 12, 2023, 07:08:17 PM »

Look how dismal our team was that day haha.

Bachelor, Derickx, Gus Graham, Moore, McGuane, Dea, Adam Maric, O'Hanlon, Webberley.

We really were the pits fmd.

Personally I don't even remember Web's petulance but that was an era to forget and you'd be hard pressed to find many blokes worth a coaching role bar the legit leaders we had.

As WP said - Webberly was so dismal that he got subbed off at half time - still the only uninjured player to do so...probably the worst non-effort I've ever seen from a bloke at senior level for any club let alone ours... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #268 on: January 26, 2024, 10:46:59 PM »
Our Four Walls: Kane Lambert

Richmond Development Coach Kane Lambert gives an update on his role and how the forward line is taking shape in 2024.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/1483337/our-four-walls-kane-lambert

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #269 on: March 24, 2024, 08:49:27 PM »
RFC still propping up their superannuation funds i see.

i would have liked Yze to boot them all out and start fresh, but no he leaves duds like teague who still pretends like he actually knows what he is doing.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.