Author Topic: Dion Prestia [merged]  (Read 325592 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
Re: Dion Prestia [merged]
« Reply #1680 on: June 06, 2024, 11:15:19 PM »
Ooze said he’s fine, just copped a knock to lower calf. 9-10 day break before next game so expects him to play.

Inb4 he's listed as 4-6 weeks until round 22 then comes back for a farewell game in the last round.....#magic :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1681 on: June 06, 2024, 11:31:56 PM »
Ooze said he’s fine, just copped a knock to lower calf. 9-10 day break before next game so expects him to play.

Inb4 he's listed as 4-6 weeks until round 22 then comes back for a farewell game in the last round.....#magic :shh

Inb4 he plays R22-24 averaging 25 disposals and gets a contract extension at the end of year.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #1682 on: June 06, 2024, 11:32:37 PM »

Inb4 he plays R22-24 averaging 25 disposals and gets a contract extension at the end of year.

Yes...or that.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1683 on: June 10, 2024, 10:07:32 PM »
Vision of Prestia going in for a scan on his calf today.

Go to 1.27 min mark: https://x.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1800095364542029843

Offline Wazza

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1684 on: June 12, 2024, 02:10:46 PM »
Anybody able to get the HS article on Prestia missing Dusty's 300th this week or have any more info....

Surely he can't keep this up anymore. Love him but jeez!!!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1685 on: June 12, 2024, 09:46:19 PM »
Adding to the Tiger curse, Dion Prestia’s luckless run with injury continues, pulling up short after Richmond’s clash with the Crows on Thursday.

“It’s his 10th soft tissue set back in three years, he’s picked up another calf injury,” Mitch Cleary said.

“(Richmond was) hoping it was just a knock in the dying stages in that Crows win, but it’s come back as a strain.

“He will miss at least one into the bye, probably longer with his history.

“He’s out of contract at the end of this year, he’s a free agent, it’s going to be delicate to see what happens there on an extension for him beyond this season.”

Source: SEN

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1686 on: June 12, 2024, 10:34:16 PM »
I know there is a lot of money involved with contracts etc, I think if Dion had the clubs best interests at heart and his own legacy as a player then he would do the right thing and just retire. He surely is not going to go around again next year.

Its a sad reality but its what needs to happen. One of my favorite small players but its time Dion do not tarnish what has been a great career  at Richmond, well at gcs as well.Go out still near the top not a crippled has been.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1687 on: June 12, 2024, 10:39:40 PM »
He pretty much is a crippled has been already.

Still plays well but can't do more than half a year or so. It's a real shame for him. Reminds me a bit of Lids which is ironic given the jumper.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1688 on: June 15, 2024, 02:10:22 AM »
Take it or leave it, Dion Prestia should play on in 2025?

Andy Maher: “See Charlie Dixon.”

[“No… unless he (Dixon) can get himself in a better nick than he is now, not from a weight perspective but doing what he needs to be able to do.”]

Andrew Gaze: Pass

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/06/14/take-it-or-leave-it-which-afl-veterans-should-play-on-in-2025/

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1689 on: June 16, 2024, 12:01:40 AM »
Dion has played 63 games in the past 5 seasons. That is crazy. Weird his most games was last year with 20.
Go Tigers!

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1690 on: June 16, 2024, 12:03:24 AM »
Dion has played 63 games in the past 5 seasons. That is crazy. Weird his most games was last year with 20.

I believe he played every game in 2020 including both H&A and Finals where he won the bnf. Shorter quarters and season surely helped him.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1691 on: June 16, 2024, 12:04:42 AM »

I believe he played every game in 2020 including both H&A and Finals where he won the bnf. Shorter quarters and season surely helped him.

Nah he came back into the team late, from memory he did an injury vs West Coast and cried on the bench.
Go Tigers!

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1692 on: June 16, 2024, 12:09:52 AM »

Nah he came back into the team late, from memory he did an injury vs West Coast and cried on the bench.

Just looked it up. Sorry my mistake it was 2019. Played all 22 home and away games and 3 finals and took out the bnf.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2024, 10:18:59 AM by WilliamPowell »

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1693 on: June 17, 2024, 06:11:41 PM »
Unfortunately i think he is still more value as a mid than others getting games. Thats not to say i think he should retire at seasons end if not before.

Why dont we use him as a sub like Hawks do with Bruest. Could then try Campbell thru the midfield and maybe Sonsie gets games there as well after he finds some touch in the magoos.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1694 on: July 15, 2024, 12:03:48 AM »
The missing Tiger

Too often the absence of Dion Prestia is overlooked when any assessment of the Tigers’ fortunes this season. The star on-baller was arguably the second most important driver in Richmond’s engine room (behind Dustin Martin) in the premiership era when huge crowds turned up every week to watch Richmond.

One who did turn up was Prestia for his seventh game of the season. His inclusion meant it was the first time since round two that he had played alongside Tim Taranto, Jacob Hopper and the tireless and brave Toby Nankervis in 2024 and it made the Tigers more competitive.

At 31, he showed he can still have a huge influence in the twilight of his career if the Tigers can keep him fit. He finished with 27 disposals, four clearances and six contested possessions. His teammates walk taller when he plays.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/afl-2024-round-18-live-updates-richmond-tigers-gws-giants-face-off-at-mcg-20240713-p5jtfy.html