Author Topic: Richmond vs Geelong @ the MCG --- Round 21, 2016  (Read 10785 times)

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Geelong @ the MCG --- Round 21, 2016
« Reply #120 on: August 14, 2016, 07:39:12 PM »
Whilst it was hard to take given our lead we were generally pretty good but looked much better when we moved the ball quickly. Again felt that as soon as the opposition changed things up we have no plan b so we need an influx of some good tactical coaches next season because Hardwick has one string to his bow and its just about snapped.

I think Markov needs to be given more licence to run, can see already the coaches have been in his ear and he is now stopping and propping with ball in hand like the rest of them.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #121 on: August 14, 2016, 07:46:14 PM »
Bellis is a squibber. This time it was shown beautiful by the camera's. Should never play another game ever

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #122 on: August 14, 2016, 09:13:19 PM »
lol let me guess, we had the game won by the third and sh @+ a rock in the fourth trying to defend it
Lots of people name their swords......

tony_montana

« Reply #123 on: August 14, 2016, 09:25:48 PM »
Its like youre a seer hooter

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #124 on: August 14, 2016, 10:01:32 PM »
Maybe I've become so immune to getting on the emotional rollercoaster when it comes to match day that I see today's result so differently to others

Firstly, seriously not one person thought we'd win, so why the angst that we didn't?

Yep we were up by 6 goals at 3 qtr time and good sides don't lose from there but hell let's be honest we ain't no good side. Let's not pretend we are

I thought for 3 qtrs we played some really good footy. Yep we butchered the ball but when we moved the thing quickly we looked OK. It was better than what we've had served up for most of the season.

I enjoyed watching the kids. Really enjoying Oleg Mrakov,  so much to like about this kid. A huge positive in a bleak year. Ditto Short, not his best game today but gee he's shown alot of good signs.

Would have loved a win but a win as MT mention papers overs the gapping holes. I'd rather lock in an early pick now

Yes i am peeved with certain players after today but what's new? My usual suspect never disappoint me, every week they let me down. That's what I mean by being immune now

So I suppose in a weird sort of way I veiw today as a win/win if you like. Saw some positive signs for the future but a loss in a macabre way was so important when we think draft time
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #125 on: August 14, 2016, 10:08:15 PM »

Firstly, seriously not one person thought we'd win, so why the angst that we didn't?

Believe it or not, but I did. I have the losing betting slip to prove it.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #126 on: August 14, 2016, 10:12:24 PM »

Believe it or not, but I did. I have the losing betting slip to prove it.
Come on. Tell us the truth. You just liked the long odds..... :snidegrin
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #127 on: August 14, 2016, 10:12:51 PM »
Maybe I've become so immune to getting on the emotional rollercoaster when it comes to match day that I see today's result so differently to others

Yep we were up by 6 goals at 3 qtr time and good sides don't lose from there but hell let's be honest we ain't no good side. Let's not pretend we are

I thought for 3 qtrs we played some really good footy. Yep we butchered the ball but when we moved the thing quickly we looked OK. It was better than what we've had served up for most of the season.

I enjoyed watching the kids. Really enjoying Oleg Mrakov,  so much to like about this kid. A huge positive in a bleak year. Ditto Short, not his best game today but gee he's shown alot of good signs.

Would have loved a win but a win as MT mention papers overs the gapping holes. I'd rather lock in an early pick now

Yes i am peeved with certain players after today but what's new? My usual suspect never disappoint me, every week they let me down. That's what I mean by being immune now

So I suppose in a weird sort of way I veiw today as a win/win if you like. Saw some positive signs for the future but a loss in a macabre way was so important when we think draft time
On the same wavelength, saw the game exactly the same way, remove some deadwood and add some class in the off season and we have the makings of a reasonable side in 2017. Whether the coaching staff gets the best out of them is still my biggest concern as our gameplan is badly flawed and our record of player development is abysmal to say the least.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #128 on: August 14, 2016, 10:48:31 PM »
The mighty icebergs
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #129 on: August 15, 2016, 02:29:06 AM »
Robbo's take:

3. RICHMOND.
Enormous first three quarters and went into conservation mode in the final quarter. Couldn’t get their hands on the ball and when they did, run and space disappeared as the Cats upped their defensive actions. Too easy to say they choked. Ran out of fitness, ran out of leadership and ran out of luck. I suppose that’s a choke when you think about it. The positive is no-one’s calling for Hardwick’s head and Shaun Hampson’s revival as a footballer is worthy of a two-year contract extension.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/expert-opinion/mark-robinson/afl-round-21-likes-and-dislikes-mark-robinsons-best-and-worst-from-the-weekend/news-story/f788426272701bb00317f35b71828e47

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #130 on: August 15, 2016, 03:56:00 AM »
Even Robbo thinks the 2 year contact is warranted
👍👍

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #131 on: August 15, 2016, 03:57:10 AM »
Thought Houli was excellent today

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #132 on: August 15, 2016, 05:51:07 AM »
All hail the creamy icebergs  :gotigers

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #133 on: August 15, 2016, 08:38:23 AM »
Blobbo still batting for his mate hardwick.  Suppose those with NFI need to stick together.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #134 on: August 15, 2016, 09:23:35 AM »
Its like youre a seer hooter
I had to go to the movies with the missus but I saw we were doing alright... came out didn't know if I should laugh or cry
Lots of people name their swords......