Author Topic: How do you think we should address the gaping holes at CHB and CHF?  (Read 4144 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Vote up
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: How do you think we should address the gaping holes at CHB and CHF?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 11:03:41 AM »
What about the option of letting the craw have his way with our first rookie pick? Drizzle it in baby oil and let him get to work....
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 12:10:14 PM »
There were plenty of options in the trade period and many went cheaply  to shore up the defensive area. Question should be WHY DID WE NOT DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Gunna say it again it is criminal to go into another season with just Rance and the very limited Astbury as kpds and just as criminal we go in again with just Riewoldt and the chronic underperformer Griffiths and the just as poor Elton.
How can a footy club plan and expect to have success when they are clearly ignoring PERFORMANCES and HOPING these players will jump out of the ground it is sad but you do have to ask WHERE IS THE PLANNING? Where is the direction and where is the good list management we all go on about.

Personally if all goes well for us next yr i think we can maybe even make the 8 but that once again imo will be about the ceiling. Imo the club has gone in the wrong direction it is a little reminiscent of when we bought in Maric Grigg Houli and Chaplin.
The club continually shows it is not prepared to do the hard yards.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 12:50:55 PM »
Make the 8?

Your worst call to date, Claw.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2016, 12:56:48 PM »
Ill play devils advocate with an alternate view Clawski, for discussion purposes

1) bulldogs showed you dont necessarily need a traditional KP spine to play premiership football

2) Other areas of our list are that bad that there's no possible way of fixing the entire list in 1 year.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2016, 01:17:41 PM »
Make the 8?

Your worst call to date, Claw.
Sorry ox but it is a possibility if all goes well. it is the ceiling though.

Somewhere between 7th - 14th i would say.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2016, 01:34:28 PM »
Ill play devils advocate with an alternate view Clawski, for discussion purposes

1) bulldogs showed you dont necessarily need a traditional KP spine to play premiership football

2) Other areas of our list are that bad that there's no possible way of fixing the entire list in 1 year.

Re point one - they have a coach who understands what it takes to play and win premiership football and a coach who didn't need ten years to deliver.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2016, 01:35:54 PM »
And I'm sure Rancey wouldn't like being referred to as having a gaping hole :angel:
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2016, 01:52:13 PM »

1) Agree WB won a premiership without a traditional kp set up, but it is very much the exception rather than the rule. They did have the traditional types to play but most of them went down with injury.
Even in saying that they managed to field a side that had enough height 9 of them were over 190cm.

They will revert back to a more traditional set up next yr they did play well with the traditional set up before the injury toll set in.
Blokes like Adams and young collins will play back and Redpath, Cloke, Crameri will all be available to play fwd.

2) I dont expect to fix the list in one go. It seems like every yr i call for the Kpp stocks to be overhauled yet we do so little.
The very fact that so many areas are so bad has had me saying we need to go to the nd actually trade into top  ND picks  and target quality players   rather than trade out the nd almost entirely and use good nd picks on mature types.
There were F/as and cheap options available to us to address short term list needs allowing us to go hell for leather at the nd.How good would it have been if we had found a way to get pick 4 and keep 6  this imo was the way to go but instead we went the path of immediate success a path we have continuously failed to get right.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2016, 01:55:58 PM »
And I'm sure Rancey wouldn't like being referred to as having a gaping hole :angel:

You really are the Jim Jeffrey of this forum  :lol
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2016, 06:51:31 PM »
I mentioned halfway through trade Period we had done nothing about our most important list needs and people ripped into me.
After we lost our best player and traded in two b graders everyone here started jerking off so hard their foreskins bled.
FMD skata cycle kicking in again here
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2016, 07:11:44 PM »
I mentioned halfway through trade Period we had done nothing about our most important list needs and people ripped into me.
After we lost our best player and traded in two b graders everyone here started jerking off so hard their foreskins bled.
FMD skata cycle kicking in again here

It's a cycle, within a cycle.

The inner cycle is known as "Turd shuffling" and it's continuance
ensures that the pilars of mediocrity remain stable.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2016, 07:28:00 PM »
Poly filler

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2016, 07:42:37 PM »
Play them all back.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2016, 06:08:24 PM »
I don't think you will find a good kpf at 27 so try to find a kpd in the PSD, use 27 on whatever is available and use next year's 1st rnd on a kpf.  Maybe Richards from Sydney?