Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 918464 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #1530 on: January 15, 2009, 02:29:23 AM »
On Cotch, I don't know for sure but I beleive it's more soreness Magic and not a tear. The Club isn't talking about it or making a fuss about it. Cotch isn't running. Only doing some handball in the rehab group at the start of starting then leaves after 15 minutes.

torch, Polo was apparently told at the end of last season to get his act together (re: on and off field). He's signed a new two year deal but the word is the second year of it depends on the first. So far in the preseason you can't criticize him. He looks to be working his backside off. Hopefully also he's over his shoulder problems which have bugged him since 2007.

Tambling is training fully now and moving well. I wouldn't say he's bulked up noticably but he looks more confident in himself now days.

Cleve has had a full preseason so far but i haven't noticed him that much too be honest. You need to them perform in a scratch match to judge if there's any significant improvement. In Cleve's case to see if he can give us those second and third efforts which are missing from his game at the moment at AFL level.

Vickery like most of the newbies is doing about of the main squad training to ease him into it as well as spending time with Monkhurst practising ruckwork along with Simmo, Gus, Putt and Patto.

Thomson went off the ground with a trainer about 30 mins into the session. Not sure if there's anything wrong or just a precautionary thing.

Hislop was finishing in the top 4 in the sprints which surprised me a bit as I've heard a couple of Bomber fans criticize his pace or lack of it. Hopefully a sign he's making the most of the second chance we've given him.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1531 on: January 15, 2009, 03:25:41 AM »
The Herald-Sun has some more photos from yesterday's training

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/gallery/0,22010,5036932-19894,00.html#

richmondrules

« Reply #1532 on: January 15, 2009, 07:40:23 AM »
Hislop was finishing in the top 4 in the sprints which surprised me a bit as I've heard a couple of Bomber fans criticize his pace or lack of it. Hopefully a sign he's making the most of the second chance we've given him.

:santa Well either were really slow as a team and just kidding ourselves (I don't think we are, nothing wrong with our pace as a team) or we may have uncovered a winner. Signs are good.

Lets all face it. Who in there right minds would be motivated to play with the bombers? lol.

Ramps

« Reply #1533 on: January 15, 2009, 10:52:39 AM »
On Cotch, I don't know for sure but I beleive it's more soreness Magic and not a tear. The Club isn't talking about it or making a fuss about it. Cotch isn't running. Only doing some handball in the rehab group at the start of starting then leaves after 15 minutes.

torch, Polo was apparently told at the end of last season to get his act together (re: on and off field). He's signed a new two year deal but the word is the second year of it depends on the first. So far in the preseason you can't criticize him. He looks to be working his backside off. Hopefully also he's over his shoulder problems which have bugged him since 2007.

Tambling is training fully now and moving well. I wouldn't say he's bulked up noticably but he looks more confident in himself now days.

Cleve has had a full preseason so far but i haven't noticed him that much too be honest. You need to them perform in a scratch match to judge if there's any significant improvement. In Cleve's case to see if he can give us those second and third efforts which are missing from his game at the moment at AFL level.

Vickery like most of the newbies is doing about of the main squad training to ease him into it as well as spending time with Monkhurst practising ruckwork along with Simmo, Gus, Putt and Patto.

Thomson went off the ground with a trainer about 30 mins into the session. Not sure if there's anything wrong or just a precautionary thing.

Thanks for the update MT. I also was of the opinion that Hislop was "slow" so hopefully he has found another gear. Hopefully his attitude is improved as well, he could be a real bonus along with Thomson.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #1534 on: January 15, 2009, 12:28:46 PM »

thank you "mightytiges"

Cotchin doesn't seem right. not running and completing the training can't be good news.

great to hear that Coughlan will play in the NAB Cup Round 1.

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1535 on: January 15, 2009, 12:39:08 PM »
Thanks for the update MT. I also was of the opinion that Hislop was "slow" so hopefully he has found another gear. Hopefully his attitude is improved as well, he could be a real bonus along with Thomson.

Maybe they sent Hislop to the same sprint school as Foley.  I always thought Foley was a bit slow until one year for some reason he exploded with pace.  I think they did a lot of work on his running technique to draw out more pace.  They may have done the same with Hislop.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #1536 on: January 15, 2009, 01:00:40 PM »
Maybe they sent Hislop to the same sprint school as Foley.  I always thought Foley was a bit slow until one year for some reason he exploded with pace.  I think they did a lot of work on his running technique to draw out more pace.  They may have done the same with Hislop.

They probably play a police siren behind Hislop to get him running fast  :lol
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1537 on: January 15, 2009, 01:38:40 PM »
Cotchin doesn't seem right. not running and completing the training can't be good news.
A poster on BF says they spoke to a RFC trainer and Cotch may be back training next week (won't play round 1 NAB Cup though). Hopefully that's right  :pray.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1538 on: January 15, 2009, 01:54:07 PM »
Hopefully that's right on Cotch MT. :)

How's Polak looking in the drills BTW?
Looking at some of the photos he seems to be going ok, can you please give us a clearer picture as to his progress?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1539 on: January 15, 2009, 02:38:31 PM »
Looking at some of the photos he seems to be going ok, can you please give us a clearer picture as to his progress?
I don't know exactly how Polly is coming along but I think the media got carried away yesterday reporting almost as if Polly could play actual matches. There's been no scratch matches or game conditions with full only tackling, bumping and collisions that he has been or can be involved in. I'm not saying that where Polly is at now isn't amazing given where he came from after the accident and he is doing most of the running and skillwork at training (a sign he is not getting as tired as before especially in that heat IMO). But let's allow him to train and get his life back together which he is doing without raising expectations that he may be able to play actual games as the media did yesterday. 

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1540 on: January 15, 2009, 07:09:57 PM »
I'm not saying that where Polly is at now isn't amazing given where he came from after the accident and he is doing most of the running and skillwork at training (a sign he is not getting as tired as before especially in that heat IMO). But let's allow him to train and get his life back together which he is doing without raising expectations that he may be able to play actual games as the media did yesterday. 

Agree on all counts MT.
It's just brilliant that he is progressing well. :)

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1541 on: January 16, 2009, 02:14:59 AM »
I don't know exactly how Polly is coming along but I think the media got carried away yesterday reporting almost as if Polly could play actual matches. There's been no scratch matches or game conditions with full only tackling, bumping and collisions that he has been or can be involved in. I'm not saying that where Polly is at now isn't amazing given where he came from after the accident and he is doing most of the running and skillwork at training (a sign he is not getting as tired as before especially in that heat IMO). But let's allow him to train and get his life back together which he is doing without raising expectations that he may be able to play actual games as the media did yesterday. 

i agree. while it's too early to expect him to play actual games, i think he's certainly moving in the right direction.  pre-christmas he wasn't doing any contact work at all, only kicking drills and handball drills.  but at wednesday's session he was doing all of them, including some with the kpps wrestling for position etc.  certainly good signs but early days yet.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1542 on: January 16, 2009, 09:32:32 AM »
Can anyone who watches training tell me how Polak is going re: ball handling/marking?  I know there were stories going around pre-Christmas that he has lost some peripheral vision and I just wondered if this is still the case or noticeable.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1543 on: January 16, 2009, 01:13:41 PM »
Can anyone who watches training tell me how Polak is going re: ball handling/marking?  I know there were stories going around pre-Christmas that he has lost some peripheral vision and I just wondered if this is still the case or noticeable.
I saw Polly drop a mark but from just one error you can't make any conclusions. He could have just stuffed up one. He looked fine in terms of ball handling (that's why the media got excited) and as a defender even intercepted a handpass in the goalkicking drill to which Jack yelled out and gave him praise for. So if he has lost some peripheral vision it wasn't noticeable at Wednesday's training.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #1544 on: January 16, 2009, 02:16:02 PM »
This is the reason so many of us come to this site.  Keep up the reports and good work MT, is brings us that cant get anywhere near training so much insite.

:clapping
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!