Author Topic: Richmond vs St Kilda @ Etihad - Round 16, 2017  (Read 29465 times)

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs St Kilda @ Etihad - Round 16, 2017
« Reply #285 on: July 09, 2017, 09:52:51 AM »
We were never switched on from the beginning. We looked very flat. Our disposal was atrocious. 

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #286 on: July 09, 2017, 01:56:44 PM »
#happenstoeverytop8sidethisseason

Another smart arse comment directed at me

Adelaide - Lost at home to Melbourne by 41 and were disgraceful
Geelong - Didn't turn up again Collingwood and got beat easily
StK - Lost by 40, 50 and 57
Port - Lost by 70 to Essendon
WC - Lost by 50 to Hawthorn and 61 to Essendon

GWS has had off days but nothing like ours obviously.

I'm not excusing last night, I just think it all went over the top on here last night.

It might be a loss we needed to shrink the heads again and regardless of that, there isn't one side in the comp that hasn't  had poo days

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #287 on: July 09, 2017, 03:23:08 PM »
#happenstoeverytop8sidethisseason

Another smart arse comment directed at me

Adelaide - Lost at home to Melbourne by 41 and were disgraceful
Geelong - Didn't turn up again Collingwood and got beat easily
StK - Lost by 40, 50 and 57
Port - Lost by 70 to Essendon
WC - Lost by 50 to Hawthorn and 61 to Essendon

GWS has had off days but nothing like ours obviously.

I'm not excusing last night, I just think it all went over the top on here last night.

It might be a loss we needed to shrink the heads again and regardless of that, there isn't one side in the comp that hasn't  had poo days

Nup. Not coppin this.

Name any of those sides who were 95 points down during a game with such statistical deficiency in the first half (e.g. I50's, clearances and only 1 goal). Our first half of footy (and third quater for that matter) was far far worse than those you mentioned.

And the only reason it didnt end up a 20 goal loss was StKilda took the foot off the throat.

You should own your comment from last night. You said it, not anyone else. And it was way off the mark.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #288 on: July 09, 2017, 04:44:47 PM »
After your performance last night I couldn't give a continental what you will or won't cop.

Your behavior was embarrassing. Lost the plot like a 3yo looking for a stolen lolly bag.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #289 on: July 09, 2017, 05:43:46 PM »
#keyboardwarriorswhoonlypostwhenwelose
Unleash the tornado

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #290 on: July 09, 2017, 05:58:09 PM »
After your performance last night I couldn't give a continental what you will or won't cop.

Your behavior was embarrassing. Lost the plot like a 3yo looking for a stolen lolly bag.

Hahah spot on !

tony_montana

« Reply #291 on: July 09, 2017, 06:25:11 PM »
Just saw the Grimes hit by Membery. He'll cop weeks, similar to Greene incident who got 2.

What was pathetic was the fact only 1 single player actually went up to Membrey... That was Prestia. Absolutely heartless. How can we be so pathetic after last week. We keep making the same weak minded mistakes.

yep that was very disappointing

tony_montana

« Reply #292 on: July 09, 2017, 06:28:32 PM »
For mine

Lambert was our best and tried his guts out all night

Astbury and Grigg were good

Costanza, menadue and caddy tried hard and did ok.

The rest big fail. 6 out of 22 that can walk off knowing they didn't leave anything out there.

Special mention to grimes not his fault he got taken out by a cheap shot

For George to make it he really does need to work hard on fixing his kicking. Not good enough. On the positive he does get into good positions around the ground.

He does I agree, but for mine theres a lot to work with there so would certainly persevere. It cant be that hard to teach him the right technique so that his set shots can be more consistent, its either straight through the middle or ootf

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #293 on: July 09, 2017, 06:39:49 PM »
For mine

Lambert was our best and tried his guts out all night

Astbury and Grigg were good

Costanza, menadue and caddy tried hard and did ok.

The rest big fail. 6 out of 22 that can walk off knowing they didn't leave anything out there.

Special mention to grimes not his fault he got taken out by a cheap shot

For George to make it he really does need to work hard on fixing his kicking. Not good enough. On the positive he does get into good positions around the ground.

He does I agree, but for mine theres a lot to work with there so would certainly persevere. It cant be that hard to teach him the right technique so that his set shots can be more consistent, its either straight through the middle or ootf
Is it easier to teach George to kick straight or teach Rioli to get a kick??

Im so sick of playing 3, 4, 5 players short every week with excuses for each and everyone of them.
We should be in awe of our leaders for the job they do to win games with so many players around them that just don't contribute.

This club needs to make an example of a few players.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #294 on: July 09, 2017, 06:51:15 PM »

If you say so.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #295 on: July 09, 2017, 08:13:11 PM »
I still blame Hunt for the loss...clearly our players saw him out there, started having flashbacks to last year and played accordingly....
Hunt delivered exactly what I expected.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #296 on: July 09, 2017, 10:05:23 PM »
Just saw the Grimes hit by Membery. He'll cop weeks, similar to Greene incident who got 2.

What was pathetic was the fact only 1 single player actually went up to Membrey... That was Prestia. Absolutely heartless. How can we be so pathetic after last week. We keep making the same weak minded mistakes.

It was a disgrace.

What was the incident where Joel Bowden just stood there when a player was either knocked out or in a blew. I can't remember

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #297 on: July 09, 2017, 10:13:03 PM »

It was a disgrace.

What was the incident where Joel Bowden just stood there when a player was either knocked out or in a blew. I can't remember

mcg vrs the pies?

kingy was the only one to remonstrate if i recall

could be wrong though
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #298 on: July 10, 2017, 06:05:45 PM »
Membrey copped just two weeks for his elbow to Grimes' face.

Tim Membrey, St Kilda, has been charged with striking Dylan Grimes, Richmond, during the second quarter of the Round 16 match between St Kilda and Richmond, played at Etihad Stadium on Saturday July 8, 2017.

In summary, he can accept a two-match sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available video evidence and a medical report from the Richmond Football Club, the incident was assessed as careless conduct with high impact to the head. The incident was classified as a three-match sanction. The player has no applicable record which impacts the penalty. An early plea enables the player to accept a two-match sanction.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-07-10/match-review-panel-full-statement-round-16

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #299 on: July 10, 2017, 07:00:01 PM »

It was a disgrace.

mcg vrs the pies?

kingy was the only one to remonstrate if i recall

could be wrong though

Spot on

Bowden was pathetic