Author Topic: Changes for Lions game next week?  (Read 7072 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Changes for Lions game next week?
« on: July 08, 2017, 11:34:37 PM »
A couple of potential outs? Cotch's report (?) & Grimes' concussion/cheekbone(?).

Fire away ...

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Changes for Lions game next week?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 11:37:51 PM »
If only we had a midfielder that was in the VFL who could win some contested football.... oh.

Lloyd, Butler, Rioli, Castagna are consistently our lowest ranked players. I can't see how 4 forwards being the lowest ranked can be successful long term. Some need a rest, I'd love to see Lennon get the chances Castagna has been given..
Go Tigers!

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 01:50:17 AM »
If Halfstep's fair dinkum, Edwards & Prestia would be the first to go....but he'll probably just drop the kids instead...

Out: Prestia, Edwards, Hunt, Castsagna, Lloyd

In: Miles, Markov, Vlastuin(if fit) Graham (if not or Cotchin suspended), Bolton, Lennon (if fit) Moore/Gartwaite(if not)

I'd even prefer Townsend over Prestia at this point.

Last chance: Caddy, Rioli.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 09:43:39 AM »
I've defended Prestia most the season, but has to be dropped to send a message.
Miles in.
Bolton in for castagna. Castagnas kicking is just so frustrating, interested to see what the side looks like without him.
Vlastuin if ready for grimes if concussion.
One of Moore, garthwaite or Elton in for Lloyd. Preferably Moore or garthwaite but Elton could help nank who needs it.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 10:26:36 AM »
 :lol
George's kicking was putrid last night but he is an easy target.
He kicked as many goals as Rioli had kicks. In fact Rioli didn't have a kick until the last quarter.  :clapping
One is a first round draft pick the other a rookie but the facts are one is outperforming the other and we all know who that is.
Some talk about making a stand at selection but Rioli is by far our worst preformed player over the last 9 weeks.
But hey, let's drop the easy option!

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2017, 10:35:46 AM »
He kicked as many goals as Rioli had kicks. In fact Rioli didn't have a kick until the last quarter.  :clapping
One is a first round draft pick the other a rookie but the facts are one is outperforming the other and we all know who that is.
Some talk about making a stand at selection but Rioli is by far our worst preformed player over the last 9 weeks.

Drop Rioli then I dont really care. Yes he definitely doesn't get enough of it, but when he does his disposal is usually good.
Castagnas disposals and decision making is not up to afl level and is momentum killing at times.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2017, 10:43:58 AM »

Drop Rioli then I dont really care. Yes he definitely doesn't get enough of it, but when he does his disposal is usually good.
Castagnas disposals and decision making is not up to afl level and is momentum killing at times.
He got 2 kicks in 100 minutes of footy for a first round pick in his 33 game. Should we expect more or is it ok because another player isn't a great kick???  Forgot George for a minute and just think about Rioli.
And that p1ssweak attempt to tackle when Jack Steven walked around him to kick a goal was pathetic.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2017, 10:57:03 AM »

He got 2 kicks in 100 minutes of footy for a first round pick in his 33 game. Should we expect more or is it ok because another player isn't a great kick???  Forgot George for a minute and just think about Rioli.
And that p1ssweak attempt to tackle when Jack Steven walked around him to kick a goal was pathetic.

I said drop Rioli, I don't care. Yes he wasn't good enough, along with 20 other blokes. Rioli hasn't been good enough a few times but I think he will benefit in the long run from playing senior football but in terms of sending a message then yes, drop him.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2017, 11:02:18 AM »
Miles in

Meatball out .

Rioi on notice

Unleash the tornado

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2017, 11:13:49 AM »
Miles in

Meatball out .

Rioi on notice
I would have thought 9 odd weeks was enough notice.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2017, 11:27:37 AM »
Miles in

Meatball out .

Rioi on notice
I would have thought 9 odd weeks was enough notice.

Love Castagnas endeavor but his finishing is a liability ATM. He is not on his own regarding this but it is hurting the team. We need good users of the ball all over the ground but sadly this is not evident in the forward half currently. Castagna, Prestia, Caddy, Lloyd, Jack, Edwards, Nankervis, Cotchin, Grigg are missing too many easy set shots. This must be fixed ASAP. In saying all that i would still play George for the rest of the year rotating with the other smalls.

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2017, 02:09:32 PM »
Out: Grimes (inj). Prestia, Hunt, Castagna, Caddy
In.  Soldo, Miles, Bolton,.Graham, Vlastuin

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2017, 04:02:11 PM »
Out -
Grimes (inj)
Hunt
Butler
Prestia
Lloyd

In -
Vlastuin
Miles
Townsend
Bolton
Elton (purely structure only)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2017, 04:03:02 PM »
Out: Grimes (inj). Lloyd, Hunt, Castagna, Rioli
In.  Miles, Bolton, Vlastuin, Graham, Lennon if fit
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2017, 04:30:57 PM »
We need contested ball winners (Vlas, Miles and Townsend) and another tall which unfortunately means Elton at this stage. We need a better structure.