Author Topic: Slow, Incompetent & Dumb  (Read 6060 times)

letsgetiton!

Re: Slow, Incompetent & Dumb
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2006, 11:56:19 AM »
X,

i dont disagree about your comments re: Rodan and Hartigan.

I dont disagree with your comments about krak and tambo turning the game for us.

Tuck was the one who got things happening.

Anyway, it is only early and there is a long way to go.

I have by no means written us off for the year. i will reserve judgement until atleast rd 10

i know what u mean bull. its still very early days 4 us

terry wallace spoke to us  before the game at the function i was at, and they asked him what he expected out of today. he never sais a win, he reminded us all that compared to last yr  we are  4 weeks behind in match practice. he said we will be right 4 round 1 and that was our aim for last night was and this is in order
1/ no injuries
2/ to see which players have improved in their new roles and thats it

when asked about a win, he said, if we win it will be br8, but thats not the be all and end all atthis stage, what he was looking 4 is the improvement of schulz, raines, hall, roach, paddy, harts and simmonds.

i think he would have been real happy with schulz, raines and simmo.

re roach, he was out of position but where is his position

still early days boys, no need to panic

last yr  we won all our regional games if i recall, we smashed the bombers, beat freo in the alice and thumped the lions at optus oval.

i dont think we will win mant this yr, but i think once rnd 1 begins we will be "chery ripe"

we must not forget , the hawks just about had a full stregnth team in

letsgetiton!

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2006, 11:57:56 AM »
Keep in mind folks that if we had been a lot more accurate at goal we would have won it.
Not only Richo, Tambling, White et al sprayed a few as well.
They still played like crap, but they generally do when it's their first hit out - and that was their first hit out.
The poss v probables match last week ccould not have prepared them for the increased intensity of a match against an opposition who wanted to win like the Hawks did yesterday.
Sick of the club being written off after five minutes - when will we ever learn to put some faith in them and support

u r right moi, terry said intra club games are like dancing with your sister, not gonna get u very far!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2006, 12:26:23 PM »
Keeping in mind it is only February and it was only a glorified practice match I was none the less disappointed.

Not so much with the result but with the mistakes. The poor skills and the shocking decision making. The number of times someone would run and then handball it off to someone surrounded by 2 Dawks was amazing (and shocking). Then there was the apparent lack of talk that resulted in blokes getting run down. And I just didn't think our forwards worked hard enough in putting pressure on the Dawks backmen when they had the ball.

I agree with MT, simply Hawthorn wanted it more than we did and they were rewarded.

Why we didn't attempt any 9 pointers has me utterly confused, mystified you name it. We have the likes of Lids, both Bowdens and even Ray Hall who can kick 50+ mnetres on the run and none of them took a chance why ??? :-\

I think there were a few blokes out there that were there solely to see what they could do, to see how much they've improved and where they are at.

With that in mind I thought Schulz was fantastic - he's been set a challenge pre-season and he appears to have worked hard (he looks the fittest he's ever been :thumbsup) and has accepted the challenge and yesterday it worked and worked extermely well. I am not naive enough to think he is now a champion CHB but you can only beat your opponent(s) and help your team and he did that so IMV that's a huge positive.

Andrew Raines was another who played well and looked great, made a few skill errors but gee he looked so much more comfortable out there than he did in the games he played in last year. Running of the half back line seems to be his go and I just hope the coaches persist with him and give him a real chance to settle because I think he can be a very good option there for us.

I thought Rodan did OK for a bloke that hasn't played for 12 months. Granted he had some dumb turnovers (as did Hartigan) you have to wonder how many were caused from lack of support from teammates.

I liked White's game he seems to have footy smarts. And although the media has sung the praises of Humm - I have to say I wasn't that impressed only because a couple of times when he needed to go in help a teammate he stood back waiting to receive.

And I am sorry X, with the exception of the final quarter I thought Krak had a shocker - he just seemed to lack all intensity which is usually one of his strengths.

As I said it is only February and I'd rather lose by 10 points to the Dawks in Feb than win by 10 goals and then be as flat as a tack in round 1.

IMO it's not the end of the world or the season just an indication that we still have a lot of work to do between now and round 1 :thumbsup

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Moi

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2006, 12:36:18 PM »
Good summary WP  :thumbsup
Analysing the game and calling it how you see it - but no "the sky is falling and we're all gonna die" hysteria  :rollin

Ox

« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2006, 05:28:54 PM »
I rekkon Sugar is a wacko.
Turns it over all the time,makes BAD decisions and puts his receiving team-mates under massive pressure.
He's not my leader anyway.

IMO the Hawks could have buried us in the first half if THEY had of kicked straight.
Had they goaled every time ,they would have taken the wind out of what sales we had by half time.

I agree.,Hartigan tries to do toooooo much.
Either he has no confidence in whats around him or he is just young,dumb and full of cum.

Rainesy will be good for us.

Schulz will make it if he maintains this level of professionalism.

Krakouer is only as good as whats going on around him.

I'll take this opportunity to talk about the Bowden Boys.

What a couple of sihtmen !

You know ure fukced when one of your most distinguished,respected players is Joel Bowden.

The guy's a gutless prikc and I wish we had have fukced him off.

Where can i get a copy of him squibing that mark ? ? ?

His brother is just a nomadic fool.

LMAO@ one of his kicks yesterday.

Makes me want to just spew,

letsgetiton!

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2006, 07:58:05 PM »

I agree with MT, simply Hawthorn wanted it more than we did and they were rewarded.

And I am sorry X, with the exception of the final quarter I thought Krak had a shocker - he just seemed to lack all intensity which is usually one of his strengths.

watch the replay, krak played alot better than what u guys say! and rodan was pathetic, dont blame lack of  talking, i heard from where i was many times him being screamed at that he was hot!
and when krak seemed quiet , thats cos his role was to keep guearra quiet and deep in the pocket which he did well, u obv never ubderstood teh role he was asked to play. we obv did cos terry praised his efforts when he spoke to us after the game!!!! i think if the coach is happy, he must have did what he was asked.

and yes we were not that interested in teh hard ball, look at our tackle count. the first priority as terry put it 4 the night was no injuries.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2006, 07:59:43 PM »
I rekkon Sugar is a wacko.
Turns it over all the time,makes BAD decisions and puts his receiving team-mates under massive pressure.
He's not my leader anyway.

im his biggest critic, besides one or two bad errors, i thought sugar was pretty damn good, he played on vanderwanker and killed him, and hit 98% of his targets in my book

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2006, 08:48:49 PM »
Why didn't Joel go for the supergoal that would have won us the game?  It was a good pass to Richo but he marked it in the pocket. Plus Richo was having a shocker in front of goal. The kick travelled further than had Joel gone for goal.

Don’t even get me started on that one MT.  Four times Joel had the ball near the top of the 50 metre arc and 4 times he goes out wide.  Twice to the boundary on his left, where one goes completely outa bounds on the full and the other two to his right in the pocket.

Not gonna mention anything about handballing sideways either, instead of kicking looooooooooooooooong.

Any chance – EVER – in any game, anywhere, that we will actually use the middle of the ground and go straight up the guts?  Do our players think it’s trespassing on private property or something?  :banghead

I swear, they should check the medallion club side of the ground.  Dunno if it’s just my imagination, but there must be a ball magnet in the fence, on that side of the ground.  And it seems to be there just about every time we play there.

Ok, I’ve had my rant.  Bring on round 1. :whistle
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline Captain__Blood

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2006, 10:15:15 PM »
sums up the match against the hawks.

We started our rebuild 12 months before Hawthorn. Today we were beaten and we deserve to be beaten by a side who is atleast 3 years ahead of us in rebuilding. Today we were slow, incompetent and dumb. There can be no other dumber football team in the league than ours. All Richmond supporters deserve to be seething tonight. The supporters have had the wool pulled over there eyes by the administration and their feel good story pooh.

Pattison- Slow. Wont make it!

Foley- Slow. Wont make it!

Roach- Doesnt understand the game- Wont make it!

Rodan- Makes stupid decisions- Doesnt understand the game- Wont make it!

Howat- Waste of a Rookie Selection- Wont make it!

Jackson- Times now officially running out- Odds are he- Wont make it!

White- Good Goal, Clinical Finish- Will be ok

P.Bowden- Squad player at best. If we want Premierships with players like Patrick- We'll be waiting a long time!

J.Bowden- Should spend next 12 weeks back at Coburg. Disgraceful today!

Raines- Improving, Raines will be a player- Will make it!

Hartigan- Will make it- but tries to do to much, needs to make better decisions

Krakouer- Doesnt get the footy enough. Doesnt make enough impact!

Hyde- Squad player at best- tries hard, many others who are worse! Respect his efforts.

Stafford- Game has gone past Staff. Should retire today and save club some money!

Tuck- Diabolical 1st half, Outstanding 2nd half. Hes ok!

Deledio- Superstar - the only one we got!

Tambling- Lost the Mo. Looks like a footballer, Did good things today- thank god for Del and him.

Newman, Humm, Johnson all relatively good games.

Overall summation. Bottom 3 finish ahead. Rabble!

I don't rate our list either but a tad of a knee jerk reactio after 1 pratice game?

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2006, 01:18:39 AM »

watch the replay, krak played alot better than what u guys say! and rodan was pathetic, dont blame lack of  talking, i heard from where i was many times him being screamed at that he was hot!
and when krak seemed quiet , thats cos his role was to keep guearra quiet and deep in the pocket which he did well, u obv never ubderstood teh role he was asked to play. we obv did cos terry praised his efforts when he spoke to us after the game!!!! i think if the coach is happy, he must have did what he was asked.

and yes we were not that interested in teh hard ball, look at our tackle count. the first priority as terry put it 4 the night was no injuries.

Despite his heroics on Guerra, roflmao, you've got to admit X, Krakouer just didn't get into the action enough. Unless he's 5 metres from the ball he never gets out of a jog and doesn't put himself in good enough position to get the ball, which in today's footy is the name of the game.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2006, 06:15:23 AM »
he was around vjust about every contest , giving his support, when 3 or 4 players arive at a contest , they all are not going to get a possession!!!

he played a good game, did enough, only if other playes could use teh ball as weel as he does.

guerra had 20 touches til half time,
then krak was put on him and guerra only had 7 touches in thes econd half

tigers lost the first half, won the second half..........lets do our maths

krak had a somewhat  tagging role in the second half , i have been reading some other sites out of interest and was glad to read the majority of tiger folk saw kraks game as i did
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 07:58:33 AM by X-CITED »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2006, 04:39:36 PM »
X, I still agree with WP that Krak lacked intensity for most of the night and just didn't get into the game until near the end. Tagging someone is all well and good but with his skill 12 possessions is not enough output for the team.   

The most disappointing thing watching the game was watching blokes just forgetting all they've been told at training. I know Richo is 31 and won't change his stripes but David Wheadon has instructed everyone to make sure they run in straight and plant their foot pointing towards  the centre of the goal. Richo at least twice ran towards the point post ??? and that's where the ball went. He also gets too close to the man on the mark.

im his biggest critic, besides one or two bad errors, i thought sugar was pretty damn good, he played on vanderwanker and killed him, and hit 98% of his targets in my book

Good to see you're warming to Sugar X lol ;).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

letsgetiton!

« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2006, 04:49:36 PM »
mt,
from listening to terry b4 the game , and watching the replay a few times, i really do believe terry
would have been real happy with what he saw. i dont think he/we went out to win. i really believe
he is keeping his cards real close to his chest. hence u said they did nothing to resemble training!!! thats another clue. playing roach all day on williams, rotaing our full forwards every 2 minutes. i second lids id ff, next staff, then richo, then jackson, then bling , then rodan etc. he was playing the bs game on purpose. he warned us b4 the game, that what we would see wont be pretty, and 4 us to be patient for round 1. then he said you will see all that has been achieved over summer.
im not angry or mad at anyones performance anymore, they have imo, bluffed all, the dos next week will flog us and we will bluff them too, come round one , they will be in 4 a huge surprise

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2006, 05:14:45 PM »
I have no probs with the way Wallace coached or his match-ups as the preseason games are glorified practice matches where you should try all sorts of things. It's just that for example some of the decision making by our runners or Richo kicking 1-4 and 1 OOF wasn't rustiness or a bluff. We've seen it before during the real stuff. I not saying it's the end of the world as I believe the gameplan Terry is developing will become very effective given time. However, bad habits shouldn't be tolerated even in meaningless games. Wallace was dragging blokes on and off for poor decisions.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2006, 05:33:19 PM »
I like the Wallace game plan. with good players its an exciting brand of footy. At the moment i doubt we have the players to undertake the game plan thats all.