Author Topic: Well known and famous Tiger supporters  (Read 136215 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Well known and famous Tiger supporters
« Reply #465 on: October 08, 2023, 03:08:15 PM »
Oscar Piastri:
F1 race winner has a nice ring to it.

https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC/status/1710788154658267566

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #466 on: October 09, 2023, 02:38:49 PM »
lmao - wasn't even the real race :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #467 on: December 23, 2023, 02:33:37 PM »
Didn't realise there was a water polo team in Melbourne called the Richmond Tigers.

https://www.waterpoloaustralia.com.au/news/olympian-rowie-webster-coaching-richmond-tigers-at-the-aywpc/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #468 on: January 29, 2024, 11:12:06 PM »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #469 on: January 30, 2024, 07:21:58 AM »
V8 Supercar driver Mark Winterbottom.

Have met Frosty a number of times and he is a terrific bloke. We always have a chat about footy

He is actually Giants fan. But if he's converted I'll take credit  :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #470 on: April 03, 2024, 10:47:53 PM »
Oscar Piastri Makes His Love for AFL Team Richmond Tigers Public – “Was 6 Years Old”

Naman Gopal Srivastava
thesportsrush.com
Apr 03, 2024

A lot of F1 drivers choose to follow other sports, away from the world of racing. Many engage in golf while some settle for soccer. But for Oscar Piastri, it is Australian Rules Football. The McLaren driver recently revealed he has been a lifelong fan of the Richmond Tigers and continues to follow them despite his hectic F1 schedule.

The Richmond Tigers compete in the Australian Football League (AFL). Paying homage to his favorite team, Piastri even showed up to Albert Park wearing the Tigers’ jersey two weeks ago, ahead of the Australian GP. In an interview with 10 News First, the Melbourne-born driver said,

“I can’t remember how old I was when I chose Richmond as my team. I think like, 5 or 6, but lifelong Richmond fan.”

The tigers were founded all the way back in 1885 and won two titles in the older version of the championship that lasted till 1907. Since 1908, in the AFL, they have won the premiership 13 times. Their most recent title win came in 2020, after victory against the Geelong Football Club.

Piastri added that his favorite team is currently undergoing a rebuilding phase, which is why they are underperforming in the league. They are currently in 13th out of 18 teams in the championship. Still, Piastri hasn’t stopped following them and continues to pray for their resurgence.

Despite the demanding schedule of F1, Piastri finds a way to keep up to date with the happenings of other sports. When overseas, the difference in the time zones often makes it difficult for Piastri to watch the Tigers’ matches. However, that doesn’t mean the 22-year-old isn’t aware of what’s going on. He keeps an eye on the scores and sometimes even catches highlights of games in his spare time.

https://thesportsrush.com/f1-news-oscar-piastri-makes-his-love-for-afl-team-richmond-tigers-public-was-6-years-old/