Author Topic: Callum Coleman-Jones traded to Norf [Official]  (Read 101388 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Callum Coleman-Jones [merged]
« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2021, 03:38:36 PM »
he has got some serious potential this guy and with his contract about to end why would he stay?

what would we have to lose by playing a second ruck? Stupid decision IMO

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2021, 04:33:35 PM »
Dimma was asked about CCJ in his presser today:

"We think he is an incredible player. He's just one of those guys with the structure of our side he just doesn't quite .... I shouldn't say 'fit in' ... we've just gone down a different avenue at this stage. I sat down with him this week and told him how well he is going. He's had a really good year at VFL level. We'd love to give him a game. It's just he isn't quite in the mix with the way we're playing at the moment. That's not to say that won't change going forward but he's doing all he can at his end. It's up to me to pull the trigger and get him in the side. It's a tough balance but he knows how important he is to us. But also understand he is craving an opportunity. So that will come down to it. As much as we say that, we'd love to get him into the side. And it's my job to figure out how to get that to happen".

Source: https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/935361/hardwick-previews-gws

Don't like how this sounds. We cant afford to put time into these bigger guys that take time to hit their strap only to have them walk out because of lack of opportunity. And it doesn't sound like Dimma has him in his plans in the near future. I can think of a few guys that should come out of the team to give him a go but the structure change is something Dimma doesnt want to do atm.  Would one small forward out and him in be too much of a speed/structure change given he would probably mostly be on when Jack, Tom or Nank are having a rest?
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2021, 05:37:02 PM »
If he doesn't get games this year he is as good as gone and who could blame him?

Soldo goes down and a spot opens up for a dual ruck setup and he is overlooked.

Still don't know how good he really is though. Lots of hype...

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2021, 08:23:55 PM »
Oh look.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #94 on: May 14, 2021, 09:59:19 PM »
Gone imo and sad part is he never got a fair crack at it.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #95 on: May 14, 2021, 10:24:13 PM »
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #96 on: May 14, 2021, 10:48:34 PM »
Dimma would rather kill Pickett and grind Nank into the ground than give CCJ a go. Sad really

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #97 on: May 14, 2021, 10:50:40 PM »
Who cares really? Name the last player on our list that received limited game time on our list that went on to achieve bigger things at another club???
C.Ellis, Menadue, Moore, Mcbean, the list goes on.
I trust the clubs judgment, at this point if we can get a second round draft pick for him that’s a massive win!

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #98 on: May 15, 2021, 02:45:13 AM »
As I said - hope the CCJ to GWS for Green rumour is true... :shh

Morgan Freeman narration: It wasn't true....in the end he went to Gold Coast with their fourth round pick for a third round pick and Will Brodie...
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #99 on: May 15, 2021, 01:10:53 PM »

"We think he is an incredible player. He's just one of those guys with the structure of our side he just doesn't quite .... I shouldn't say 'fit in' ... we've just gone down a different avenue at this stage. I sat down with him this week and told him how well he is going. He's had a really good year at VFL level. We'd love to give him a game. It's just he isn't quite in the mix with the way we're playing at the moment. That's not to say that won't change going forward but he's doing all he can at his end. It's up to me to pull the trigger and get him in the side. It's a tough balance but he knows how important he is to us. But also understand he is craving an opportunity. So that will come down to it. As much as we say that, we'd love to get him into the side. And it's my job to figure out how to get that to happen".

Don't like how this sounds. We cant afford to put time into these bigger guys that take time to hit their strap only to have them walk out because of lack of opportunity. And it doesn't sound like Dimma has him in his plans in the near future. I can think of a few guys that should come out of the team to give him a go but the structure change is something Dimma doesnt want to do atm.  Would one small forward out and him in be too much of a speed/structure change given he would probably mostly be on when Jack, Tom or Nank are having a rest?

Geez are you sick or something how dare you criticise the chief honcho.

We can afford to play one of the biggest dinosaurs going around in Soldo with Nankervis but we can not afford to play CC-J. i HAVE NEVER HEARD SO MUCH TRIPE IN MY ENTIRE LIFE.

TL and JR are struggling against numbers and Hysterically they play Pickett in the ruck so Nankervis can get a break  but we cant alleviate both those problems by bringing in CC-J. Fmd they are drinking their own bath water down their atm.

Your right why not pee one of the small fwds off the same small fwds who constantly offer nothing weeks on end.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #100 on: May 15, 2021, 07:23:54 PM »

Geez are you sick or something how dare you criticise the chief honcho.

We can afford to play one of the biggest dinosaurs going around in Soldo with Nankervis but we can not afford to play CC-J. i HAVE NEVER HEARD SO MUCH TRIPE IN MY ENTIRE LIFE.

TL and JR are struggling against numbers and Hysterically they play Pickett in the ruck so Nankervis can get a break  but we cant alleviate both those problems by bringing in CC-J. Fmd they are drinking their own bath water down their atm.

Your right why not pee one of the small fwds off the same small fwds who constantly offer nothing weeks on end.

Yet again you have it wrong. I don't get to games often or even get to see the VFL team as I work most weekends and have to travel. Therefore I don't criticise selections as I have to trust that those at the club know better than me (and most other posters). In this case Dimma made a comment  and I will voice my opinion on that. Sure he knows what he expects from his players but I am worried about the player leaving because lack of opportunities and commented on that. I agree with you about our small towards not producing but I would never use terms like "drinking thier on bath water" when I really don't know what selection criteria they are using.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #101 on: May 16, 2021, 06:50:14 AM »
Dimma was asked about CCJ in his post-match presser.

Q. Does it open the door for Callum Coleman-Jones in that second ruck role?

Hardwick:
It does. It depends on how we want to structure up. I always have these arguments with people and they keep sending me emails. There's a guy, whose name I can't remember, who sends me an email every week about Callum. But sometimes the structure doesn't work if that makes sense. He's going really well. I think he kicked 5 today and Mabs was very good as well. It's just trying to fit those guys in in the right way. Do they complement the side or do have we similar players who play a similar role. It's real delicate balancing act if that makes sense. If you bring in a tall you lose a runner. The game is a turnover game. Tonight, we had to manage clearance and we thought we could exploit them on turnover. We kicked 12 goals off turnover. That's not to say we're not going to look at that moving forward as he is playing a really good brand of footy as is Mabs.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #102 on: May 16, 2021, 12:03:09 PM »
Doesn’t sound like CJ would be getting a game based off that response.

Thing is, if soldo was fit would we be playing both him and nank? I think we would which is why I don’t understand the structure comment.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Callum Coleman-Jones on Suns' radar (afl site)
« Reply #103 on: May 20, 2021, 02:26:42 PM »
RICHMOND YOUNGSTER ON SUNS' RADAR

Callum Twomey
afl.com.au
20 May 2021

THE TIGERS face a task of holding off rivals interested in young big man Callum Coleman-Jones, with Gold Coast among the clubs tracking the 21-year-old.

Coleman-Jones, who is on the cusp of a senior recall after a five-goal haul in the VFL last week, has played only one AFL game since he was drafted by the club in 2017.

He has knocked back overtures from Greater Western Sydney in the past, and has clubs searching for readymade ruckmen closely following his form this season, including the Suns.

Gold Coast's ruck depth has been hit this season with injuries, with the club looking at bolstering that department at the mid-season draft next month if the right option is available.

Despite reports, the Suns have not put forward an offer to Essendon ruckman Nick Bryan, who recently debuted and is out of contract this season.

Coleman-Jones has been playing key position at VFL level but is viewed as a ruckman-in-waiting at Punt Road, with coach Damien Hardwick last week admitting the exciting talent had deserved more senior opportunities but the Tigers hadn't wanted to adjust their talls structure.

The South Australian's one senior game came in 2019, however he played in the pre-season competition this year while serving his 10-game suspension for breaking COVID-19 protocols last year while in Queensland.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/616691/fringe-tiger-in-demand-in-form-bomber-yet-to-open-talks

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #104 on: May 20, 2021, 03:32:47 PM »
As I said - hope the CCJ to GWS for Green rumour is true... :shh

Morgan Freeman narration: It wasn't true....in the end he went to Gold Coast with their fourth round pick for a third round pick and Will Brodie...

:shh :shh

- Thomas Sowell