Author Topic: Noah Balta [merged]  (Read 118434 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Noah Balta [merged]
« Reply #780 on: March 15, 2024, 12:16:59 AM »
Not his first good game up forward - but the next one will likely be in round 8 or something and except for one shocking kick still looked even better when he went down back.... :shh
« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 12:34:43 AM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #781 on: March 15, 2024, 07:10:06 AM »
His pace and ground work shows how badly we are missing a classy forward who can do damage when Lynch brings it to ground

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #782 on: March 15, 2024, 07:22:19 AM »
Well done Noah 🙌🙌

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #783 on: March 15, 2024, 08:08:18 AM »
Terrific game
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #784 on: March 16, 2024, 06:07:32 PM »
He did really well - must persevere with up forward despite the injuries to key backs .
Unleash the tornado

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #785 on: March 17, 2024, 03:42:02 AM »
Yze bullish on Balta forward with Lynch

By Tony Greenberg
Richmond Media
16 March 2024

Richmond coach Adem Yze is excited with the potential of the team’s big forward combination of Tom Lynch and Noah Balta in the wake of what they both delivered in the Round 1 clash with Carlton at the MCG.

Lynch, in his first game since Round 4 last year, when he suffered a severe foot injury, kicked two goals and set up another one for the Tigers.

Balta was outstanding on the night in his new forward-ruck role during the first half, and later in defence after the team lost the services of young key backmen Josh Gibcus and Tylar Young.

He finished the match with 23 disposals, 11 contested possessions, a team-high nine marks, eight intercepts, three goals, six score involvements, a game-high nine rebound-50s and 613 metres gained.

Yze is keen to keep Balta forward at this stage, despite the issues in Richmond’s defence created by the now long-term absence of Gibcus and the short-term one of Young.

“He’s produced two really strong games. And he’s got a goal around being really consistent,” Yze said.

“I’m really buoyed by what he’s doing as a ruck and power forward. So, if we have to cover the other end, I think I’ll be leaning with bringing in a key defender and not throwing him back just yet . . .

“I think Ben Rutten (backline coach) might want him down back to cover for ‘Youngy’, or for ‘Gibbo’, but I’m really enjoying what I’m seeing with Noah and ‘Lynchy’.

“It’s only been a small sample size, but I’d hope we can keep going with it (the Lynch-Balta combination) . . . The first half, it looked really potent.

“It was good having the big ‘fella’ (Lynch) back. He gave us a focal point and created some amazing contests for us.

“The balance of having those two forward, our smaller players really enjoyed playing underneath them.”

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1505978/yze-bullish-on-balta-forward-with-lynch

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #786 on: March 18, 2024, 01:07:05 AM »
YZE ON NOAH BALTA'S POSITION: My gut feeling is we will see it through with Noah being a forward

https://twitter.com/TheRunHomeSEN/status/1768510396829479269

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #787 on: March 18, 2024, 10:57:35 PM »
WHY TIGERS WOULD BE ‘RELUCTANT’ TO MOVE BALTA AMID ‘HEADACHES’… AND RECENT TRADE

Ben Waterworth, Max Laughton and Jack Jovanovski
Foxsports
18 March 2024

It was the free agency move that drew minimal headlines last October. But Richmond sure could use Bigoa Nyuon right now in the wake of several defensive setbacks – and Noah Balta’s impressive outings forward of centre.

Fearing the worst knee diagnosis for Josh Gibcus, Richmond coach Adem Yze on Thursday night said it would be “gut-wrenching” to lose him for the entire season. That concern was realised on Friday when the Tigers confirmed Gibcus had ruptured his ACL.

It’s a major blow for Richmond considering Gibcus – Richmond’s sole top-10 draftee in the past decade – came into this season as arguably its most important defender, considering Dylan Grimes is in his twilight years and Balta’s move into the forward line.

Asked post-game how Richmond should cover Gibcus’ loss, triple premiership Tiger Jack Riewoldt told Fox Footy: “It’s an interesting one, because you would’ve gone to Bigoa Nyuon – but unfortunately he’s been traded to North Melbourne.

“So maybe the Noah Balta experiment forward has to be put on the backburner for a little bit. He was unbelievable (against Carlton), but maybe he has to go back just out of necessity. You would like the luxury of playing him forward. Or do they try Jacob Koschitzke as a key back?

“There’s a few selection headaches for Adem Yze.”

Balta was the shining light for Richmond against Carlton with his efforts up forward and was strong behind the ball in the second half after Yze reluctantly made the switch following the injuries to Gibcus and Tylar Young (concussion), booting 3.0 from 23 disposals, nine marks, nine rebound 50s and eight intercepts.

“You’re really reluctant to move him from the forward line given the productivity that he’s had,” dual premiership Kangaroo David King told Fox Footy.

“He’s such a good competitor. He’s a rare talent.”

Riewoldt said the Tigers “would be kicking themselves” if they had to put Balta behind the ball.

“He’s a phenomenal athlete. The more footy he plays, he will continue to learn the nuances of AFL football,” Riewoldt said. “He’s got elite speed and that keeps him in the majority of contests and he’s incredibly strong.

“I think they would be kicking themselves if they moved him back. It might be out of necessity that he has to go back, but players like that who have those sorts of traits, they are so valuable in the forward line.

“Is he potentially the Charlie Curnow to Tom Lynch and the foil they could start to develop a relationship and become the two-headed monster that Carlton have at Richmond?”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-news-2024-round-1-talking-points-analysis-reaction-results-wrap-highlights-grand-finalists-start-02-essendon-archie-perkins-richmond-injuries/news-story/a249d89965d8294c7a784b4d9f1a1df3

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #788 on: March 24, 2024, 12:16:58 PM »
Nick Vlastuin on...​ Where Noah Balta should play: “I love kicking it to him but he is also pretty good when he is down back. I have a laugh because (against Carlton) when he kicked across goal and kicked the ground and it was a turnover goal, I just ran past him and had a laugh saying ‘welcome back to the backline mate’. Last year he would do 15 amazing things and one like that per game. We need three of him."

Source: HeraldSun

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #789 on: March 31, 2024, 11:11:15 PM »
Still not a forward..... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #790 on: April 02, 2024, 11:45:18 AM »
heard he did his knee on radio ????

Hoping i misheard

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #791 on: April 02, 2024, 11:54:08 AM »

Hoping i misheard

It's a medial cruciate ligament from initial reports. Hopefully not ACL if that's what you mean.

Offline FooffooValve

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #792 on: April 02, 2024, 01:02:18 PM »

Hoping i misheard

No, he did it playing football.

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #793 on: April 03, 2024, 06:34:49 PM »

Hoping i misheard

No, he did it playing football.
Lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #794 on: April 13, 2024, 02:02:37 PM »
In far better news, according to Noah Balta himself (with thanks to the) 'That's Good for Footy' panel show, it sounds as if his knee injury is progressing faster than expected & he may only miss the 3 games in total & be back after the bye.
We sure need him back.

Watch here: https://twitter.com/Tigers_of_Old/status/1778539900159287624