Author Topic: Ben Miller [merged]  (Read 42081 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Ben Miller [merged]
« Reply #210 on: June 18, 2023, 12:32:47 AM »
Bontmiller
Go Tigers!

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #211 on: June 19, 2023, 08:42:37 PM »
The Undroppable: Ben Miller

Ben Miller has been in and out of the team for much of the season so far.

The 23-year-old came into the team for the Saints game to replace Marlion Pickett and more than held his own with his most positive showing of 2023.

He performed well in the wet, kicking two goals from 12 disposals along with eight hit-outs, six score involvements, four tackles and two clearances.

With Samson Ryan injuring his ankle, there is a spot for Miller to hold onto for at least the next few weeks following the bye.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/06/19/overreactions-positives-negatives-and-undroppables-for-all-18-afl-teams-in-14/

Online crackertiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #212 on: June 19, 2023, 09:14:44 PM »
Bontmiller

I have said this a couple of times now. He should train as a mid this coming preseason. Cannot hurt as he has great skills and hits targets.. A big Mid/Ruckman that could be a real weapon...

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #213 on: June 19, 2023, 10:12:14 PM »
Anyone who's closely watched some of his follow work in the ruck and at stoppages can see he has some genuine onball ability. :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #214 on: June 19, 2023, 11:09:39 PM »
Excellent game from Miller.

Has shown again his value as, well a utility.
Just wish we would play him in the one role for awhile.
With Ryan Developing as a ruckman i still maintain the best value to us with no Gibcus or Tarrant and Young stinking it up is Ben to play Kpd, a role he showed heaps in not all that long ago..
Failing that why not just play him as the second kpf and allow Ryan to continue his development as the second ruck.

Only one criticism of him and that is he is not clunking enough strong marks. Thats not just this week hard for anyone to take marks after half time but so far his career. Get that part right and who knows.

If i remember correctly he played up in kalgoorlie as a fwd against men before going to subiaco. We took him i think on the back of his athleticism and pace.

That pace means hard to handle on a lead as a fwd or great closing speed to spoil as a defender.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #215 on: July 23, 2023, 08:23:43 PM »
This guy got a confidence issue or something?

Great mark and check side for goal then stuffed up by passing to Cotch instead of nailing an easier shot.

Would like to see him just take more shots.

His pace and athleticism are great weapons. Have said it before but I reckon he could be an upgrade on the wing if he has the tank.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #216 on: July 24, 2023, 09:24:16 AM »
This guy got a confidence issue or something?

Great mark and check side for goal then stuffed up by passing to Cotch instead of nailing an easier shot.

Would like to see him just take more shots.

His pace and athleticism are great weapons. Have said it before but I reckon he could be an upgrade on the wing if he has the tank.

Cotchin called for it. Miller should have ignored him.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #217 on: August 02, 2023, 07:42:23 PM »
Have backed him in s a kpd for a long while even enjoyed the odd game as second ruck/fwd.
Know he has some great attributes for game as well but.

There is something seriously lacking in Bens game and weather hes being played out of position or not im getting to the point where i think we need to cut our losses.

Hardly gets involved in games you see him pop up now and again he is not getting the pill enough and worst of all for a kpp he is not having any impact in the air and lacks aggression.We play him fwd and im wondering if he has kicked more than 10 goals and thats not just this year thats his career.

Really think it is time to just play Bauer who is a superb mark as a fwd and i think we are making a mistake in not playing Ryan for the rest of the year alongside nankervis.

Yep i think its just about time to cut our losses with big Ben.6 yrs and almost 24 and still offering very little despite good opportunities in recent years. Not a standard afl ruck or fwd at the very best just a player who can fill in in those roles.
Still think if he is any chance he needs to be played as a kpd.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #218 on: August 02, 2023, 08:59:14 PM »
Have backed him in s a kpd for a long while even enjoyed the odd game as second ruck/fwd.
Know he has some great attributes for game as well but.

There is something seriously lacking in Bens game and weather hes being played out of position or not im getting to the point where i think we need to cut our losses.

Hardly gets involved in games you see him pop up now and again he is not getting the pill enough and worst of all for a kpp he is not having any impact in the air and lacks aggression.We play him fwd and im wondering if he has kicked more than 10 goals and thats not just this year thats his career.

Really think it is time to just play Bauer who is a superb mark as a fwd and i think we are making a mistake in not playing Ryan for the rest of the year alongside nankervis.

Yep i think its just about time to cut our losses with big Ben.6 yrs and almost 24 and still offering very little despite good opportunities in recent years. Not a standard afl ruck or fwd at the very best just a player who can fill in in those roles.
Still think if he is any chance he needs to be played as a kpd.

Decent ruck chop out.

Looks capable at times in the F50 but you're right not producing enough.

Reckon they should try him on the wing before the end of the year.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Ben Miller has been upgraded to our senior list (afl site)
« Reply #219 on: October 26, 2023, 07:48:06 PM »
Miller has been upgraded to the senior list.

He'd been on our rookie list for three years, so he had to be upgraded.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1057418/up-to-12-clubs-set-to-upgrade-rookies-ahead-of-draft-robbie-fox-mason-wood-nathan-murray

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Ben Miller - upgraded to our senior list [updated]
« Reply #220 on: November 16, 2023, 02:22:25 PM »
Official.

Promoted rookies: Adelaide (Murray), Brisbane (Michael), Carlton (Cottrell), Collingwood (Johnson & Markov), Essendon (Baldwin), Freo (Banfield & Treacy), GC (Oea), Hawthorn (Newcombe), Melbourne (Turner), Richmond (Miller), St Kilda (Wood & Stocker), Sydney (Fox), Dogs (Scott).

https://twitter.com/CalTwomey/status/1724937897256878485

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #221 on: March 23, 2024, 04:47:45 PM »
Cmon Ben you now have another chance to show you belong make chb your own.
Take some angry pills before the game. Find the intensity that is needed. There is a position there for the taking just take it.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #222 on: March 23, 2024, 07:36:17 PM »
Good luck Ben, have a rhg

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #223 on: March 24, 2024, 09:33:58 PM »
Great game by Big Ben i thought. Spoiled and used his body in the contest’s really well. More of that thanks  :shh

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #224 on: March 24, 2024, 09:36:54 PM »
Did just as well as Young in fact he looked a heap better than Young with ball in hand.
If im going to criticise its the same bug bear he needs more intensity.