Author Topic: Tom Lynch [merged]  (Read 420319 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tom Lynch to be a Tiger / Now confirmed by Tom himself [update]
« Reply #1050 on: October 02, 2018, 03:11:27 PM »
He's obviously referring to our salary cap though I dare suggest we're also making room for another target..... :shh
:shh :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tom Lynch to be a Tiger [update]
« Reply #1051 on: October 02, 2018, 03:13:58 PM »
Lynch has a press conference tomorrow for some betting agency and is expected during it to confirm he wants to go to Richmond.

Was told the announcement would be the 2nd

Yep.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Tom Lynch to be a Tiger [update]
« Reply #1052 on: October 02, 2018, 05:02:41 PM »
Lynch has a press conference tomorrow for some betting agency and is expected during it to confirm he wants to go to Richmond.

Was told the announcement would be the 2nd

Yep.
:thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1053 on: October 02, 2018, 05:03:23 PM »
Julian de Stoop
‏@JDESTOOP80_FOX

Coming up on the final AFL Tonight for 2018 Tom Lynch speaks about his move to @Richmond_FC

https://twitter.com/JDESTOOP80_FOX/status/1047005636591083521

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
The Tigers' missing Lynch (Age)
« Reply #1054 on: October 02, 2018, 05:57:02 PM »
The Tigers' missing Lynch

By Peter Ryan
The Age
2 October 2018 — 3:18pm

Mason Cox's demolition of Richmond in the preliminary final proved to his future Tiger teammates why they needed Tom Lynch at their club in 2019.

Premiership defender Nick Vlastuin said the Collingwood tall's ability to keep the ball off the ground stopped the Tigers from getting numbers at the fall of the ball and applying their customary pressure.

The 211-centimetre forward dominated in the air, taking 11 marks, with four of his eight contested marks inside the forward 50 and four around the ground.

He also kicked three goals in a 10-minute burst that put the game beyond Richmond's reach.

"You saw what Mason Cox did to us in the prelim. Those contested marks down the line are so important [and] we couldn't get our game up and going because he was just clunking it," Vlastuin said.

"If [Lynch] can do that for the majority of the year, he is going to be super for us."

Lynch led the competition in contested marks in 2016 and is one of the best pack marks in the AFL.

Richmond, Collingwood and Hawthorn made a pitch for Lynch's signature with Tigers' coach Damien Hardwick making it clear to the 25-year-old that they saw a role for him playing alongside Jack Riewoldt inside the Tigers' forward 50.

Speaking at the TAB's spring carnival launch, Lynch said he looked forward to playing alongside Riewoldt, who has won three Coleman Medals, and in front of Dustin Martin.

"It will be nice when the deal is done and I can get excited about it. They have got a great midfield and it will be nice to be on the end of few," Lynch said, before joking: "It will be nice to slot in and play decoy for Jack."

Richmond crashed out of September in the preliminary final and Lynch admitted it was a strange feeling watching his future club in the finals series.

Vlastuin said Alex Rance's comments midway through the season about the potential for Lynch's arrival to upset the applecart had caused the All-Australian defender to cop some ribbing from teammates in 2018.

He said whenever Rance ate an apple he was reminded of his comment.

"[Lynch is] an excellent player, he's a good apple [and] I'm looking forward to kicking him the footy and not having to stand in front of him," Vlastuin said.

"Hopefully he takes the main defender and Jack gets off the leash at times."

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/the-tigers-missing-lynch-20181002-p507c2.html

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1055 on: October 02, 2018, 06:01:27 PM »
He's obviously referring to our salary cap though I dare suggest we're also making room for another target..... :shh

We are
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1056 on: October 02, 2018, 06:07:47 PM »

Source: The Age.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1057 on: October 02, 2018, 06:27:34 PM »
Gold Coast free agent Tom Lynch has officially declared he wants to be a Tiger in 2019.

Mark Stevens talks with Trent Cotchin.

#7AFL #7News

VIDEO: https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1047038065200586755

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1058 on: October 02, 2018, 07:04:51 PM »
Done deal for pick 3.  :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1059 on: October 02, 2018, 09:31:31 PM »
Sam McClure claiming he knew Lynch would become a Tiger a year ago:

https://twitter.com/traderadio

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1060 on: October 02, 2018, 09:37:09 PM »
Where does Tom Lynch stack up in terms of big fish signings?

The biggest since Nathan Brown?

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #1061 on: October 02, 2018, 10:18:04 PM »
Where does Tom Lynch stack up in terms of big fish signings?

The biggest since Nathan Brown?

biggest i can remember tbh. probably bigger than nafe.

cuzzy was massive but at a different stage in his career i guess.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1062 on: October 03, 2018, 09:10:29 AM »
The Two towers!!!! Hopefully with more success than the Richo and ottens combo brought us!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tom Lynch will have a “profound impact” at Richmond says Rodney Eade (SEN)
« Reply #1063 on: October 03, 2018, 03:18:28 PM »
Tom Lynch will have a “profound impact” at Richmond says Rodney Eade

By SEN
3 Oct 2018

Former AFL coach Rodney Eade is confident the impending arrival of former Gold Coast skipper Tom Lynch will provide Richmond with another dimension up forward.

Lynch, 25, announced yesterday that he nominated the Tigers as his club of choice after being heavily linked with a move to Punt Road.

Eade believes Lynch and three-time Coleman Medallist Jack Riewoldt can successfully complement each other and explained how coach Damien Hardwick might utilise the forward next season.

“I think he’ll have a profound impact. I don’t think it’ll just be on the scoreboard,” Eade told SEN Afternoons.

“What it says to me as well is that footy doesn’t stand still. Richmond have been very successful in the way they’ve played but Collingwood were able to undo them and I think it shows more and more that you’ve got to have a plan B and C.

“I think it takes some pressure off Riewoldt. He’s (Lynch) got a really good tank so he’ll be able to get up the ground and Jack will be able to get closer to the goal square.

“That will add a bit of uncertainty to the opposition and he doesn’t just compete in the air, he’s a good contested mark, so I think having those two attributes will actually complement the way Richmond play at the moment.

“I think it will give them another dimension rather than just bomb it in and surge the ball forward.”

Taken at pick 11 in the 2010 National Draft, Lynch has played 131 games for the Suns, booting 254 goals.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/10/03/lynch-will-have-a-profound-impact-at-richmond-says-eade/

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #1064 on: October 03, 2018, 03:39:54 PM »
We would have lost to Collinglol even if we had Lynch Prelim night.