Author Topic: Winning over the next generation of kids  (Read 4274 times)

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Re: Winning over the next generation of kids
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2018, 10:33:36 AM »
Biggest club in the WORLD.... :shh
UNIVERSAL agreement

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2018, 03:51:58 PM »
Driving around the streets of Perth. ...you see more tiger number plates , stickers , car seat covers than any other team combined - disregarding the local teams of course.
Unleash the tornado

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2018, 03:41:41 PM »
A large and mostly young crowd at training this morning  :thumbsup.

https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2019, 05:00:34 PM »
We get more Tiger kids to Rioli's rookies than North get fans to their home games  ;D.

https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC/status/1118019867766972416

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2022, 03:34:30 PM »
I was having tea room banter with a workmate (doesn’t really watch footy but supports it bartending the masses at Richmond Club Hotel) and we came up with this theory that similar to high school swimming and athletic carnivals, Richmond is the yellow house of the AFL and hence why the unjustified hate.

We both were yellow house in high school and we were reminiscing on the abuse you get from red or blue house and then now and again yellow house have the cattle to finish on top and everyone gets super salty.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2022, 04:44:30 PM »
I was having tea room banter with a workmate (doesn’t really watch footy but supports it bartending the masses at Richmond Club Hotel) and we came up with this theory that similar to high school swimming and athletic carnivals, Richmond is the yellow house of the AFL and hence why the unjustified hate.

We both were yellow house in high school and we were reminiscing on the abuse you get from red or blue house and then now and again yellow house have the cattle to finish on top and everyone gets super salty.

Yep I was yellow house and to be honest we were a solid house and gave it out in spades.

Then they introduced a 7th house (Stein, purple) and we lost that reputation of being the lamest.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2023, 07:07:52 AM »
Saw this in The Age:

--------------------------------

And eight-year-olds are fickle. There’s only so long you can point to a flickering light at the end of the tunnel before they start asking pointed questions.

There had already been a flirtation with Richmond, fed by him clocking that his interest in another club got under my skin. Kids can sense unease in their parents, and needling dad is a fun game. It’s also hard to mount a case to a child that, as animals, hawks are cooler than tigers.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/my-eight-year-old-has-never-seen-his-footy-team-win-i-don-t-want-to-lie-to-him-20230320-p5ctow.html