Author Topic: Riley Collier-Dawkins [merged]  (Read 63593 times)

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Pick 20: Riley Collier-Dawkins
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2018, 11:48:14 AM »
Bring on Fyfe MK II!!!!!!

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2018, 11:54:34 AM »
I think he needs to strengthen up so maybe he is 12 months away from playing. Nevertheless he has the physical attributes to become a good player. Needs to work hard in the gym and especially on his running and his endurance. Needs to work really hard this preseason to start getting a good base.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2018, 02:54:42 PM »
So did this young man go to training this morning or did he make the mistake of taking the monday option. Does anyone know?

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2018, 03:53:17 PM »
I think he needs to strengthen up so maybe he is 12 months away from playing. Nevertheless he has the physical attributes to become a good player. Needs to work hard in the gym and especially on his running and his endurance. Needs to work really hard this preseason to start getting a good base.
Grew a lot this year apparently. Was under 6 foot at the start of year 12.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2018, 01:01:41 AM »
Collier-Dawkins needs to develop but slid further down the order than many expected.

"He's a big boy. Our coach loves the big, strong powerful midfielders," Clarke said.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-11-23/richmond-draft-news

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2018, 11:02:40 AM »
Pleased with this pick we got it right as far as type of mid goes. I have to admit i was hoping for Ely Smith at 20 I just like his power and speed reminds be just a little od Dusty in that regard.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2018, 03:41:16 PM »
My uncle is a teacher at this guy's school. Apparently a top bloke. Lots of upside - tall, quick and strong.

Thought he might be drafted to Tiges and is worried he wont get midfield time due to current stars haha.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2018, 08:48:46 PM »
Pleased with this pick we got it right as far as type of mid goes. I have to admit i was hoping for Ely Smith at 20 I just like his power and speed reminds be just a little od Dusty in that regard.

Ross will ease your pain :whistle

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2018, 08:58:08 PM »

Ross will ease your pain :whistle
He actually looks like Dusty too!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2018, 02:31:45 AM »
Richmond’s recruiting manager Matthew Clarke provides a summary of the new players the Tigers picked up in the 2018 AFL national and rookie drafts . . .

Riley Collier-Dawkins, pick 20 overall, national draft

“He’s a big boy, he’s got some good speed, good power, can win his own footy, win clearance, power out. We think he’s got a lot of upside . . . he hasn’t had a lot of time in the pathway. He’s got some work to do with his running, and he knows that. We think he can make significant improvement quickly . . . Really excited to have him. As much as we’ve got some smaller guys that are pretty good players, someone of that size, that can go into the centre bounce and have an effect at clearance, is really important for us. So he adds to a really good mix with Dustin (Martin) and Trent (Cotchin) and ‘Cads’ (Josh Caddy), who’ll probably go through there as well at some point (in season 2019) . . . He’s a bubbly sort of personality, raised in a great family. Fits the mix really well from what character type we look for. So we’re really excited about what he can offer . . . We had a number of boys rating around that pick (No. 20) and Riley rated quite highly. You never want to be one of those guys that says, ‘Oh, gee, I couldn’t believe he was there at our pick’, but we probably had him rated a little bit higher than that. So we’re really excited to get him where we did.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-11-24/draftees-dissection

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2018, 12:06:03 PM »
The 1% chance that became Richmond reality for Collier-Dawkins

By SEN
27 Nov 2018

Richmond draftee Riley Collier-Dawkins admits he was not expecting to end up at Richmond.

The Oakleigh Chargers midfielder was snapped up by the Tigers with Pick 20 in the first round of the 2018 NAB AFL Draft on Thursday night.

Tipped by many draft experts to be taken earlier in proceedings, Collier-Dawkins similarly felt Richmond’s first pick may have been too late for him.

“I had a bit of an inkling that I was going to go a bit earlier, but to slide into Richmond is just ideal, it’s perfect,” he said on Roar Vision.

In a bid to ease his mind, Collier-Dawkins wrote down a percentage chance of him ending up at each AFL club with the Tigers coming in at just 1%, further adding to his surprise.

“It was one per cent actually. I tried to do it to ease my mind but I think it did quite the opposite, it made me a bit more paranoid,” he added.

“I didn’t really think it was going to happen but I’m just stoked.”

Collier-Dawkins, who rates his contested ball-winning ability as his greatest attribute, says he is simply looking to earn the respect of his new Tiger teammates now the draft is out of the way.

“(Richmond’s list) is pretty star-studded, I’m pretty keen to learn off them and earn my stripes,” he said.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/11/26/the-1-chance-that-became-richmond-reality-for-collier-dawkins/

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2018, 03:11:25 PM »
Does anyone think we would have taken Stocker had he been available over RCD?

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2018, 03:12:47 PM »

Absolutely

Offline Dont Argue

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2018, 03:18:02 PM »

Absolutely

Wrong.
Read the article on the AFL website. Not interested. Would have taken Hill

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2018, 03:43:42 PM »

Absolutely

Wrong.
Read the article on the AFL website. Not interested. Would have taken Hill
I've heard both versions, I'm wondering which one is closest to the truth - if anyone in the know does?

Would be super sweet if we weren't even going to take him and then Carlton finish bottom next year, Adelaide top 4.