Author Topic: Sydney Stack [merged]  (Read 201101 times)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Sydney Stack [merged]
« Reply #870 on: October 18, 2021, 07:35:04 PM »
Excellent news!

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #871 on: October 18, 2021, 08:28:25 PM »
Fantastic news

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #872 on: October 21, 2021, 03:37:21 PM »
Matthew Richardson believes the talented 21-year-old Sydney Stack would be even better suited in Richmond’s forward line.

“I love him up forward . . .  I think anyone that shows they can kick multiple goals should be playing in the forward line,” Richardson said.

“Once we get our full complement of defenders back, and with Dan (Rioli) playing back, I just think that he should play forward.

“He’s good in the air, as well as at ground level, and he can hit the scoreboard.

“I remember the clash with St Kilda at Marvel Stadium back in 2019, when he kicked four goals and posed big problems for the Saints’ backs.

“And he helped turn the Tigers’ final-round game against Hawthorn this year with a couple of goals after he was shifted from defence into attack during the last quarter.

“I reckon he can be a real weapon for the team on a permanent basis up forward.”

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1026649/-richo-bullish-on-stack-up-forward

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #873 on: October 21, 2021, 07:56:46 PM »
I agree.

Drop George and Aarts.

Play Stack and Baker.

Backline can be Grimes, Tarrant, Balta, Vlastuin, Rioli, Short and Broad.

Forward Lynch, Jack, Dusty, Bolton, Baker and Stack.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #874 on: October 22, 2021, 05:09:58 AM »
Syd Stack forward or back?
When the super talented lad is switched on, there's few better to watch..
Wherever he plays he'll be an asset..

Watch highlights here: https://twitter.com/Tigers_of_Old/status/1451152744002113539

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #875 on: October 22, 2021, 12:25:07 PM »
Does short have he attributes to be a permanent forward? I prefer stack’s dash and silkiness in the backline

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #876 on: October 22, 2021, 12:39:47 PM »
Does short have he attributes to be a permanent forward? I prefer stack’s dash and silkiness in the backline

Yes, he was a forward as a junior. Debuted there and kicked 3 I think?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #877 on: October 22, 2021, 12:58:43 PM »

While he lacks Hardwick's favourite attribute for small forwards -defensive pressure- I actually prefer Short forward of the ball ...and he could at least rotate with Stack....don't think it needs to be a case of either/or with Stack...can genuinely play all three lines at a high level.... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #878 on: November 03, 2021, 06:49:18 PM »
Tiger Tan Update #4: Stacky walking the Tan with a red Sherrin, look right at home carrying the ball, good signs for 2022.

https://twitter.com/_Tommy_Gilmour_/status/1454681719177560067

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #879 on: November 03, 2021, 11:18:57 PM »
Big season for Stacky coming up I feel.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #880 on: November 08, 2021, 04:16:45 AM »
Looks like Syd is focusing on core strength exercises leading into preseason.

https://www.instagram.com/stories/stackman_44/2701741329941390221/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #881 on: November 08, 2021, 02:08:17 PM »
Brendon Gale admits a soft spot for the recently recontracted Stack, whose last four games were excellent in a seven-game season ruined by a stint in a Perth jail over a Covid breach.

“I am proud of him. Not quite this time last year but close to it, he was in prison. So he’s fought his way back. He can play. He can really play. I reckon he’s only scratched the surface. His potential is very high. He is a good man, Sydney. He has had a bit of bad luck in his life but we love him and have great belief in him.”

Source: HeraldSun

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #882 on: November 29, 2021, 04:37:22 PM »
The player at your club that needs a BIG pre-season

With pre-season upon us, we look at the names needing to impress their coaches ahead of the 2022 campaign.

By Mitch Keating
zerohanger.com
November 29, 2021

Richmond - Sydney Stack

The exciting defender hasn't had the smoothest of journeys across his three seasons at Punt Road, with 2022 a campaign that is sure to mount further pressure on Stack's future in the league.

With several holes opening up in Richmond's defence, the opportunity is there for the taking to see Stack return his the form that had him so highly rated in 2019.

Having overcome injuries and off-season setbacks, the coming months frame as a critical period for Stack's career.

https://www.zerohanger.com/the-player-at-your-club-that-needs-a-big-pre-season-95057/

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #883 on: November 29, 2021, 08:01:52 PM »
Sounds like he came back unfit yet again if these comments from Peter Burge are anything to go by:

“Stacky is still learning the caper. He has got some work to do with consistency of preparation. I am not going to mince my words there, he has still got a bit of work to do. He is a young player learning about his preparation, he has fantastic traits in his explosiveness and he’s highly skilled but he needs to work really hard on his conditioning.”

Source: HeraldSun

Reading between the lines -reckon the club's starting to run out of patience with him....which would be a shame... :shh

Edit: Added link.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 10:45:40 PM by one-eyed »
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #884 on: November 29, 2021, 08:45:25 PM »
Sounds like he came back unfit yet again if these comments from Peter Burge are anything to go by:

“Stacky is still learning the caper. He has got some work to do with consistency of preparation. I am not going to mince my words there, he has still got a bit of work to do. He is a young player learning about his preparation, he has fantastic traits in his explosiveness and he’s highly skilled but he needs to work really hard on his conditioning.”

Reading between the lines -reckon the club's starting to run out of patience with him....which would be a shame... :shh

He might need this kind of feedback every year as he is likely to relax way too much in the offseason. Track watchers have seen an improved fitness level so far :shh