Author Topic: Noah Cumberland [merged]  (Read 52512 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Noah Cumberland [merged]
« Reply #195 on: January 20, 2023, 10:05:54 PM »
His kicking is quality. Almost every possession of his was decent quality last season. Only game he didn't perform well in was the final but he wasn't horrible.

And he got injured which didn't help

Also reckon there's little chance of any let down. Why? Kid got told he was going to be delisted but at the last moment got a reprieve. He knows how fickle footy can be
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #196 on: January 21, 2023, 02:14:08 AM »
Yup, haven’t looked at the stats to back it up but he was a very reliable set shot and can launch the footy 50m+. We haven’t had a small forward who could execute that since Dan rioli was in his fwd peak.

Offline H Tiger

• Premiership Captain
  • Tigers the biggest hunter
« Reply #197 on: January 21, 2023, 04:11:47 AM »
Great highlights.

Solid boy, doesn't mind crashing in, good set shot, and unselfish.

What's not to like?

If Lynch is healthy I love our forward line - Jnr, Noah, Jack, White Line Lynch, Dusty, & Shai

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #198 on: February 26, 2023, 12:58:58 AM »
I was a bit disappointed to see cumbo playing with reserve team only in P4-P6.

I’m hoping it’s just because he hasn’t been in full training and not because he’s fallen down the pecking order.

Was really impressed with him once he broke into the side last season and looked good yesterday too. Would be a lock to play round 1 for me, hoping the coaches agree.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #199 on: February 26, 2023, 08:19:44 AM »
Looked great to me from what I could see.

A class above.

Sublime movement and skills.

Will be in the team guaranteed.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #200 on: February 26, 2023, 11:35:02 AM »
Looked great to me from what I could see.

A class above.

Sublime movement and skills.

Will be in the team guaranteed.

Yep.

Looked like a bloke who was above the rest of the lads out there really, which is what we want to see given how well he finished last year. Always looked dangerous and confident...just looks like he can make something happen. The bit of play and that kick to set up Archie May's first goal was brilliant. Kids a stuffing gun.

Will be gutted if he gets shafted out of a spot
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #201 on: February 26, 2023, 12:27:38 PM »
Think we have three small forwards vyeing for a spot Rioli, Cumberland and Clarke Imo two of the three should play every week.
What will probably happen is when an injury hits Favorite son Castagna will play.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #202 on: March 15, 2023, 01:43:15 PM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #203 on: March 17, 2023, 02:37:15 AM »
Dimma post-game was asked about Tiger fans not understanding why Cumberland wasn't in the side. Dimma replied that pretty much Dusty now plays that same role.

Dimma added that we're trying to add other parts to Cumberland's game so he can play in the side. It's a situation where you take one step backwards to go two steps forward. Dimma added that Cumberland is an AFL level player as are Clarke, Ryan and Sonsie.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #204 on: March 17, 2023, 10:34:25 AM »
lol at the response.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #205 on: March 17, 2023, 10:49:57 AM »
Dimma post-game was asked about Tiger fans not understanding why Cumberland wasn't in the side. Dimma replied that pretty much Dusty now plays that same role.

Dimma added that we're trying to add other parts to Cumberland's game so he can play in the side. It's a situation where you take one step backwards to go two steps forward. Dimma added that Cumberland is an AFL level player as are Clarke, Ryan and Sonsie.

I actually don't buy that response from Dimma. I think the resting midfielders are taking Cumberland's spot, not Dusty or Bolton. I just think its easier to say Dusty because very few Richmond supporters would suggest that Cumberland is a better player than Dusty. But comparing Cumberland's offensive output to Cotchin or Mansell is much harder to explain away.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #206 on: March 17, 2023, 11:28:28 AM »

I actually don't buy that response from Dimma. I think the resting midfielders are taking Cumberland's spot, not Dusty or Bolton. I just think its easier to say Dusty because very few Richmond supporters would suggest that Cumberland is a better player than Dusty. But comparing Cumberland's offensive output to Cotchin or Mansell is much harder to explain away.

Agree again glad to see someone else gets it. Resting mids are taking Cumberlands spot and the reality is it does not have to be that way.

Imo he is doing this so he can continue to play the Grahams Shorts Ross's and a few others who i won't name.

In what land can we not play all of the following.

Rioli - Lynch - Ryan/Martin
Sonsie/Bolton  - Riewoldt - Cumberland.

Who has to miss out in that scenario? It is not Martin and Bolton they will spend most of their time thru the midfield with stints in the fwd half regardless. Nope to play with that scenario others have to miss out and we all know who they are.

As for comparing Dusty and Cumberlands offensive output ie kicking goals then Cumberland is going at over two a game.Yep small sample size but the potential is mouthwatering.
Better to have both than just one i say.
They talk about polish then if thats the case Sonsie has to be played somewhere as well but again a favorite will have to miss out.

Personally i think there is absolutely no reason why we cannot go with the following team when all are fit. * denotes midfield rotations.
*# denotes mid/fwd rotations.

Vlastuin - Tarrant - Grimes
Rioli - Balta/Miller - Broad

Pickett* - Hopper* - McIntosh?*
Nankervis* - Martin*# - Prestia*

Sonsie*# - Lynch - Cumberland
Ryan*# - Riewoldt - Rioli

Taranto*# - Bolton *# - Cotchin* - Baker* - take your pick probably a hard runner who covers the ground well

We can all see who Hardwick is trying to protect in the above.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #207 on: March 31, 2023, 09:23:01 PM »
Mind boggling that he wasn’t in the side for the first 2.5 games

The idea of AFL is to score goals

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #208 on: March 31, 2023, 09:24:50 PM »
Another footy department fail. Can we stop with this rubbish 'can't play the same player in the same side' crap.

The guy is our forwardline future. Play him.
Go Tigers!

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #209 on: March 31, 2023, 09:27:21 PM »
Whoever is keeping him out of the side should be punched in the head

Idgaf if he doesn't lay a tackle