Author Topic: Noah Cumberland [merged]  (Read 65162 times)

Offline Buddysucks

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Noah Cumberland [merged]
« Reply #540 on: June 07, 2024, 07:23:05 AM »
Richo and Jack had talent!

Yeah only 3 goals better make sure he kicks 10 next week to jusifty his selection....because we we're like so spoiled for genuine goal kickers these days.... :shh

lol, what exactly is a genuine goal kicker…. 5 possessions, 1 tackle, lazy, unintelligent. Even a broken clock chimes twice a day.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #541 on: June 07, 2024, 07:44:22 AM »
Good game but these have been the minority for Cumbo.

Bring it for the rest of the year

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #542 on: June 07, 2024, 08:23:59 AM »
He’s dangerous. Will make opposition increasingly nervous when ball comes in quickly.
Just has to remove the captain stupid moments from his game. It is crystal clear that is why he has struggled to get a game.
It won’t be the coaches that keep him out - it will be his teammates. Those brain fades and occasional poor body language moments would send them co co bananas…..
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #543 on: June 07, 2024, 10:01:00 AM »
He’s dangerous. Will make opposition increasingly nervous when ball comes in quickly.
Just has to remove the captain stupid moments from his game. It is crystal clear that is why he has struggled to get a game.
It won’t be the coaches that keep him out - it will be his teammates. Those brain fades and occasional poor body language moments would send them co co bananas…..

Agree and i get that HRT, but isnt this our club to a tee? How many brain fades have others had and outside of the forum goes unpunished?

Gee Grimes, Pickett, KMAC in the last few years, our own captain to name 4 culprits. I place those stupid moments in the same category as what he did last night. I didnt like Mansell either in his face after he took that mark. I like a bit of agression but lets wait until the game is in the bag next time, or he has actually scored the goal.

All that said 3 goals is a fantastic return.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #544 on: June 07, 2024, 10:03:32 AM »
Snip: enough with the petty insults and especially the links to misogynistic gutter crap  :banghead

Last warning to everyone, anymore and bans will be handed out
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #545 on: June 07, 2024, 10:06:44 AM »
Apart from his brain fade, I thought Noah was good last night

And have to say to see his team mates get around him 3qtr time after his stupid act was some of the best leadership I've seen in a while

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #546 on: June 07, 2024, 10:58:57 AM »
He’s got some flaws but he is a genuinely dangerous around goals which is a great starting point for a forward.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #547 on: June 07, 2024, 11:58:58 AM »
No reason not to keep playing him. If he is poor/inconsistent well that is no different to all our other smalls.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #548 on: June 07, 2024, 12:56:01 PM »
My problem if he doesnt kick three goals then he has hardly touched the ball. needs to round his game out so when he has weeks where he is not kicking goals he manages to get a bit of ball and make a contribution with ball in hand. Thought his chase and pressure was okay.

Not a lot of difference between a good game and a poor one, three goals gives him a pass but he sure needs to do more.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #549 on: June 07, 2024, 01:41:54 PM »
Lmao - so apparently goals are only worthy now if you have a ratio of at least 5 possessions for every one you kick ....his job is to put 'em through the big sticks and that's what he did....3 times in a game we won by 2 kicks.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #550 on: June 07, 2024, 01:58:19 PM »
I didn't make this comment last week after the Geelong game but I did say it a fee times during the week

And I'm only posting it now because it is relevant to some comments on this thread and his lack of possessions

His 1st qtr last week against Geelong was the best qtr football I'd seen Noah play. It had nothing to with possessions because he didn't have many, he didn't (for memory) kick a goal. It was because of the work he did off the ball, the chasing,  the pressure acts, the team first stuff. Give me that and the goals will take care of themselves

I reckon Hugo proved last night that it isn't always about possessions. Hugo was outstanding last night with 7 possessions.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2024, 08:52:36 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #551 on: June 07, 2024, 02:24:27 PM »

His 1st qtr last week against Geelong was the best qtr football I'd seen Noah play. It had nothing to with possessions because he didn't have many, he didn't (for memory) kick a goal. It was because of the work did off the ball, the chasing,  the pressure acts, the team first stuff. Give me thatcand the goals will take care of themselves

I reckon Hugo proved last night that it isn't always about possessions. Hugo was outstanding last night with 7 possessions.
Spot on WP.  Its easy to be seduced by big numbers in the stat columns, but contributing to winning a football match can be more than just collecting cheap possessions. 
Noah & Hugo both played some of their best football last night & not much of it will show on the stat sheet. 
Big numbers on stat sheets are for media people (or empty people) who need to prove something, but the real supporters of the club & its players know when a player has made a difference to the outcome of a match. 
Even the players who got around Noah after his 'moment' contributed something to the win in a way that wont show on a stat sheet.    :clapping
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #552 on: June 07, 2024, 02:34:48 PM »
Good post WP.

Don't wanna get caught up in the stat padding! Haha

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #553 on: June 07, 2024, 05:15:28 PM »
Lmao - so apparently goals are only worthy now if you have a ratio of at least 5 possessions for every one you kick ....his job is to put 'em through the big sticks and that's what he did....3 times in a game we won by 2 kicks.... :shh

Lol boy you  are so hung up when it comes to players you back in. By the way ive backed him in all year as well but i dont have full on blinkers on just because he kicks a few goals.

What was it i said just above  ? oh yeah his three goals gives him a pass along with his defensive pressure which was okay..  Does that not imply he did enough.
How you came up with the very childish point scoring comment of, so apparently now goals are only worthy now if  you have a ratio of five possesions for every one you kick.
 It seems if its a favorite of yours  we cant ask for more in other areas where he did no where near enough. Nope 5 disposals a game is just great no need to improve there lol.

You would be the first one carrying on like a kid as usual, if he didn't kick a goal and only had 5 disposals.
If he has 5 disposal games with no goals then you can bet many on here will be carrying on.

By the way how did your love child Ryan go tearing it up big time !!! seems you have have a liking for players who hardly touch the ball. :whistle

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #554 on: June 07, 2024, 06:09:21 PM »
lmao he gets 15 possies and lays half a dozen tackles but no goals and you'd be in here bitching about him not hitting the scoreboard enough.....like you have with MRJ for three years who you want delisted.... :shh

« Last Edit: June 07, 2024, 06:31:24 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.