Author Topic: Grimes and Nank named co-captains [updated]  (Read 25584 times)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
Re: Who will be our next captain after Cotch?
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2019, 09:19:43 PM »
It's interesting that Cornes bought this up. A few days ago i noticed on Brooke Cotchin's Instagram she was talking to Brandon Ellis, she hash-tagged #seeyouintwoyears, I immediately thought, Gee, Cotchin might be going to the Gold Coast in two years like Hodgey to Brisbane and then Cornes brings this up. Fascinating.

BEllis frontloaded contract, we're picking up the tab for the last 3 years and bringing him home....... :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2019, 12:52:37 PM »
It's interesting that Cornes bought this up. A few days ago i noticed on Brooke Cotchin's Instagram she was talking to Brandon Ellis, she hash-tagged #seeyouintwoyears, I immediately thought, Gee, Cotchin might be going to the Gold Coast in two years like Hodgey to Brisbane and then Cornes brings this up. Fascinating.

More likely cotch will retire and move up there for the weather and a coaching role

OK, sounds reasonable.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2021, 02:29:37 PM »
Next captain: Nick Vlastuin

You think Cotchin has maybe a year or two left as a captain, and Vlastuin might just be the 'oldest' and most mature 27-year-old running around in the AFL. He's a great leader - vocal, competitive and has the respect of teammates, opposition players and the fans.

https://www.espn.in/afl/story/_/id/31241057/afl-2021-every-football-club-next-future-captain-skipper

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2021, 11:15:46 PM »
Kane Cornes tonight said Cotch's drop in form and output this year (eg: 8 clangers vs St Kilda) will make people at the Club bring up the topic of 'Who will be the next captain at Richmond?'.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2021, 07:27:27 AM »
Kane Cornes tonight said Cotch's drop in form and output this year (eg: 8 clangers vs St Kilda) will make people at the Club bring up the topic of 'Who will be the next captain at Richmond?'.

Really?

Gee to think in Kane's mind it has nothing to with the fact he 31 years old and is closer to then end of his career than the start  :facepalm
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline FooffooValve

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2021, 01:01:18 PM »
If Dusty wants it, it's his IMO — would be the perfect cap to a glittering career. If not, then Lambert or Vlastuin.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2021, 01:38:08 PM »
Vlastuin, Grimes or Graham for me.

Or Bank? Why not Nank?

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2021, 01:52:55 PM »
Chol :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2021, 09:30:43 PM »
Graham I reckon. But more importantly who is the next coach? Has dimmas magic worn off. Has his clock run down? Do we grab Leppa back?

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2021, 11:49:44 PM »
But more importantly who is the next coach?

Hodge. :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2021, 11:44:07 PM »
Someone on the "big" site suggested Baker.....don't mind the idea..could see him being a real little mongrel type captain like Tony Shaw....always flying the flag and unsettling the opposition...:shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2021, 12:03:21 AM »
Dusty deserves it he’s a big boy now.

Vlaustin, Grimes and Edwards vice captains can also chip in and share all the other captain duties Dusty doesn’t want to do.

The club that keeps giving.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2021, 12:50:31 AM »
Vlastuin. Simple as that
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2021, 11:10:20 PM »
Footy Classified tonight listed Vlastuin, Riewoldt, Edwards and Graham as next in line as captain.

Watch here: https://twitter.com/FootyonNine/status/1412034024671911943

Good ol' Kane Cornes just said there's no one obvious to take over as captain from Cotch :facepalm.

Cornes mentioned Jack and Edwards as being too old while Graham hasn't been a regular until this year.

Lloyd questioned whether Dusty could be the next captain as Dusty doesn't do media and he would need to.

Lloyd also added that Dusty gets away with things lightly by not doing media when players that are paid $1.2-1.3 million should be doing media interviews when on that kind of money. Lloyd then compared to Dusty to Dangerfield saying Dangerfield always faces the media as does Steele, Cripps & Gawn.

Caro said Graham could be the next captain as while he isn't Richmond's best player his teammates adore him.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 11:38:20 PM by one-eyed »

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2021, 12:23:03 AM »
Footy Classified tonight listed Vlastuin, Riewoldt, Edwards and Graham as next in line as captain.

Watch here: https://twitter.com/FootyonNine/status/1412034024671911943

Good ol' Kane Cornes just said there's no one obvious to take over as captain from Cotch :facepalm.

Cornes mentioned Jack and Edwards as being too old while Graham hasn't been a regular until this year.

Lloyd questioned whether Dusty could be the next captain as Dusty doesn't do media and he would need to.

Lloyd also added that Dusty gets away with things lightly by not doing media when players that are paid $1.2-1.3 million should be doing media interviews when on that kind of money. Lloyd then compared to Dusty to Dangerfield saying Dangerfield always faces the media as does Steele, Cripps & Gawn.

Caro said Graham could be the next captain as while he isn't Richmond's best player his teammates adore him.

These monkeys are just that  monkeys.
Honestly Hymie comparing Dusty x triple Premiership player x 3 NS medalist x Brownlow medalist to a bloke who feigns injury and flops for free kicks.
Thank Geez I give this show a wide berth.