Author Topic: Maurice Rioli junior [merged]  (Read 71716 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Maurice Rioli junior [merged]
« Reply #345 on: April 29, 2022, 11:52:44 PM »
Great game, can't have asked him to have done any more than that. Excellent June.
Go Tigers!

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #346 on: April 29, 2022, 11:54:11 PM »
Should have had 4 - immediately elevates himself above Castagna - no surprise

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #347 on: April 30, 2022, 06:05:59 AM »
Journo: Maurice Rioli three goals. Talk about him and what he has done for the team?

Dimma: He is fantastic around the club. He put a lot of work over the course of the summer. His performance at VFL level has grown and grown. We sit there and marvel at defensive parts of the game that he can do and generally his offence stems off that. But we were pleased for him. He played a great game of football tonight. Defensively he is very good. He is just so quick, closes space very well. It was good he got some offensive reward as well.

Source: The Age

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #348 on: May 03, 2022, 12:03:04 PM »
THE UNDROPPABLES: WHO IS A LOCK TO PLAY IN ROUND 8?

Andrew Slevison
SEN
3 May 2022

Maurice Rioli Jnr (Richmond)

It may have been a fill up for Richmond, but the way Maurice Rioli Jnr played must be commended.

In just his third AFL appearance, the talented small forward helped spark the Tigers with three goals as they piled on a massive 25 majors in their 109-point win over West Coast at Optus Stadium.

It was a momentous occasion for the Rioli family with three members on the same field for the first time at the elite level as Maurice played alongside nephew Daniel and against cousin Willie.

Rioli made the most of his opportunity, trebling his previous best goal return, registering 14 disposals (after tallying nine in his previous two games), laying four tackles and having nine score involvements (only Tom Lynch and Shai Bolton had more).

His performance against the Eagles should almost certainly see him given another chance against Collingwood at the MCG this Saturday.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/05/02/the-undroppables-who-is-a-lock-to-play-in-round-8/

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #349 on: May 03, 2022, 09:31:04 PM »
Can be critical and i have not changed my mind on him just don't see what every one carries on about. Coming off a 3 goal game after a 109 point win so will not say any more that would for some appear churlish.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #350 on: May 04, 2022, 08:12:09 AM »
Is MRJ eligible for a Rising Star nomination??

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #351 on: May 04, 2022, 08:13:51 AM »
He plays for Richmond so no

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #352 on: May 04, 2022, 10:18:02 AM »
Can be critical and i have not changed my mind on him just don't see what every one carries on about. Coming off a 3 goal game after a 109 point win so will not say any more that would for some appear churlish.

So can I ask what exactly are you expecting from a teenager in his third game whose position/role is as a defensive small forward?

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #353 on: May 04, 2022, 06:27:16 PM »
I reckon Maurice and Juddy Clarke are our two small forwards for the future. Both super quick, know where the goals are and can apply pressure

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #354 on: May 04, 2022, 07:34:33 PM »

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #355 on: May 04, 2022, 09:47:46 PM »

So can I ask what exactly are you expecting from a teenager in his third game whose position/role is as a defensive small forward?

Kysiah Pickett avg’s 8 at 66% with 6 goals and 4 tackles per game. Let’s be honest, Claw loves him cause he’s a Dee
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #356 on: May 07, 2022, 04:28:49 PM »
I haven’t seen his stat line and honestly couldn’t care less. Was awesome today!

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #357 on: May 07, 2022, 04:52:58 PM »
Some great moments today. Better game than last week despite less goals

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #358 on: May 07, 2022, 06:05:23 PM »
4th game. Couldn't expect any more than what we saw today. Can't wait until he has played 20 plus.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #359 on: May 07, 2022, 06:18:15 PM »
1. MAURICE MAKES HIS MARK

Last week, Maurice Rioli Jr kicked three goals in the space of a few in-game minutes.

This week, Rioli didn‘t kick them himself, but he may very well have created at least three goals in a similar time frame as a result of sheer pressure and commitment to the contest.

A brilliant chase down tackle in the first half led directly to a Tom Lynch goal, while a hit forward under pressure once again created an opening that Lynch took amid his extraordinary first half.

After Lynch‘s two goals, he and Tigers teammates rushed to Rioli.

“This will be three goals coming directly from Maurice Rioli‘s work in attacking 50,” Jason Dunstall said.

Nick Riewoldt was another who praised Rioli, adding: “When the teammates get over to you like they are to Maurice Rioli, you don‘t think he’s got a thirst and an appetite now to keep doing it?

“He knows it‘s not all about me getting the ball and kicking a goal, it’s about the little things I can do to set the team up.”

The Tiger faithful cheered every time Rioli got near the ball, as aware as his teammates on the ground of how vital his inclusion into this Tigers side has been.

“He’s a special talent,” Tger Trent Cotchin told Fox Footy post-game.

“Those two chasedowns … I mean during the week he chased me down and I thought I had 10m on him and within an instant he’s gone. That’s so valuable to the way we want to play.”

Source: Foxsports