Author Topic: Maurice Rioli junior [merged]  (Read 71711 times)

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Re: Maurice Rioli junior [merged]
« Reply #360 on: May 07, 2022, 06:33:02 PM »
He has it. Persist.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #361 on: May 08, 2022, 08:11:55 AM »
Watching the replay now. MRJ sparked us in the second quarter with his pressure. I really hope we persist with him because we look much more dangerous when there is some heat on the oppo defence.

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #362 on: May 08, 2022, 10:14:16 AM »
Watching the replay now. MRJ sparked us in the second quarter with his pressure. I really hope we persist with him because we look much more dangerous when there is some heat on the oppo defence.

Like Dimma said we haven't seen that heat for a couple of seasons now.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #363 on: May 08, 2022, 01:12:57 PM »
A shame we don't have two of him as far as forward pressure goes. There's times when his pressure corrals the opposition into trouble but he doesn't have another small forward to nail the out receiver for the opposition. Why I question what's George's role in the team is? Dimma says George has one of the "structured" roles in the team but I don't see what it is :huh.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2022, 04:06:58 PM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #364 on: May 08, 2022, 01:49:02 PM »
A shame we don't have two of him as far as forward pressure goes. There's times when his pressure corrals the opposition into trouble but he doesn't have another small forward to nail the out receiver for the opposition. Why I question what's George's role in the team is? Dimma says George has one of the "structured" roles in the team but I don't see it what it is :huh.
He plays high half forward and at times was on a wing at centre bounces.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #365 on: May 08, 2022, 02:31:53 PM »
A shame we don't have two of him as far as forward pressure goes. There's times when his pressure corrals the opposition into trouble but he doesn't have another small forward to nail the out receiver for the opposition. Why I question what's George's role in the team is? Dimma says George has one of the "structured" roles in the team but I don't see it what it is :huh.

Id try juddy clarke in that 2nd pressure forward role. Th boy has some serious wheels.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #366 on: May 08, 2022, 02:49:50 PM »
Richmond coach Damien Hardwick was delighted with Rioli’s pressure-packed performance.

“Maurice, in the first half alone, two of those chase-down tackles, we just haven’t seen that since Daniel (Rioli) was there,” Hardwick said in his post-match press conference.

“He’s really, really growing. He’s a guy that we drafted two years ago . . . and he’s just improved every single year.

“That’s what you love as a coach and as an organisation – people that can consistently put their hand up and improve.

“He’s growing into the role well.”

Rioli had 14 disposals, five inside-50s, three goal assists and six score involvements in his small-forward role.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1121603/young-rioli-ramps-up-the-heat

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #367 on: May 08, 2022, 04:08:58 PM »
I knew I'd seen that basketball move from MJ before..in his pre-draft highlights clip. Clever bugger.

Watch here: https://twitter.com/Tigers_of_Old/status/1523160549034405888

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #368 on: May 08, 2022, 04:18:34 PM »
He plays high half forward and at times was on a wing at centre bounces.
I just find George doesn't impact playing that role though which is why I question what the role is. He goes missing for lengthy periods in games getting caught too often in no man's land between the forwards and mids. George's footskills aren't great either to play wing or HF where you need to find and hit targets inside F50 by kicking to the advantage of the forward.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #369 on: May 08, 2022, 06:47:03 PM »
Hes always been ordinary. Always will be. A kid should be playing in his position.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #370 on: May 08, 2022, 07:03:12 PM »
Yeah Castagna should be in the vfl. Depth player at best!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #371 on: May 08, 2022, 08:44:32 PM »
1. There is something special about Maurice Rioli jnr

After kicking three goals in just his third AFL game last Friday night, Rioli produced another eye-catching display in just his second game of the season. The teenager finished with 14 touches, six score involvements, five inside 50s and three goal assists against Collingwood, but it was his ferocious pressure and composure inside 50 that stood out. He laid two stunning chase-down tackles in the first half and directly set up Coleman Medal leader Tom Lynch twice. When you consider he was taken at pick No.51 in the 2020 NAB AFL Draft, the son of Hall of Famer Maurice Rioli looms as a steal. - Josh Gabelich

https://www.afl.com.au/news/755405/nine-things-we-learned-this-teen-tiger-is-something-special

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #372 on: May 09, 2022, 06:30:25 AM »
A shame we don't have two of him as far as forward pressure goes. There's times when his pressure corrals the opposition into trouble but he doesn't have another small forward to nail the out receiver for the opposition. Why I question what's George's role in the team is? Dimma says George has one of the "structured" roles in the team but I don't see what it is :huh.
Castagna's role is simply to lock the ball in the forward half by kicking a lot of points and/or out on the fulls nears the point post....

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #373 on: May 16, 2022, 05:47:27 PM »
Hmm way to put it for me is just about everything he does is reactive rather than proactive.Still don't see it with himeven his skills leave a bit to be desired. But hey i suppose he chases and harasses and that it appears is the be all end all.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #374 on: May 16, 2022, 09:38:55 PM »
Maurice Rioli has played Richmond's past three games, for six in total, and is finding his feet.

"I've found the confidence and I just play the way I normally play back home or like in any league at all," he said.

"Since the round come into the AFL I've wanted to play in it [Dreamtime] ever since," the younger Rioli said at Monday's launch at the MCG.

"It'd be exciting (to play in front of a massive crowd). I don't know what to say. If I get a chance to play it'd be an amazing atmosphere, it'd be a very big event to play in.

"It would be a dream come true (playing with Daniel). Playing a big round with a family member and a few of the other Indigenous players alongside.

"(Saturday's game is) very big obviously for all the Indigenous players. You get to represent all your family from back home and your culture.

"Hopefully I can kick a goal and do a celebration, a dance or something like that."

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1128728/maurice-rioli-jnr-eyes-dreamtime-stage