Author Topic: Maurice Rioli junior [merged]  (Read 71463 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Maurice Rioli junior [merged]
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2018, 01:19:41 PM »
Seems Maurice Rioli Jr played with our Academy side when they played the other week against Hawthorn's.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-02-14/richmond-academy-hosts-hawks

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline Chopstix

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2018, 12:11:54 PM »
Hope he's the one on the left!! :lol

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2018, 01:32:38 PM »
Imagine if we got to enjoy a Geelong esque haul of father son jets?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2018, 03:39:56 PM »
Brayden Rioli, brother of Richmond premiership forward Daniel, will be unleashed on the national stage alongside his cousins Maurice Rioli jnr and Jacob Long next week.

They are all part of the Northern Territory Thunder team for the NAB AFL Under-16 Championships and will follow in the footsteps of their legendary family members.

"(Brayden and Maurice) are totally different players," Campbell told AFL.com.au.

"Maurice loves to get in and under and tackle and put pressure on, whereas Brayden is your typical Tiwi Islands player who loves a goal and has that X-factor about him.

Campbell said the talented trio earned their squad spots on their work ethic, as much as their ability.

"We try not to pick players on names, but the fact they turn up and come to training," he said.

"They know the history. I'm sure Maurice Rioli will deal with the pressure of being a Rioli and the footsteps to follow, but he turns up and works hard.

"He's not out there saying, 'Give me the ball, because I'm a Rioli'. He's out there saying, 'Hey, I'm your teammate, I'm going to help you win'.

"We're also mindful that just because he has that name, we don't want to drop him in the deep end and say, 'You're a Rioli, you need to go out there and play well'."

The NT's first game is against NSW/ACT at Blacktown International Sports Park on Monday.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-06-09/two-riolis-and-a-long-to-play-for-nt-under16s

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2018, 03:41:17 PM »

AFL will change the rules before that happens.... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2018, 09:47:44 AM »

They already have changed the rules since Geelongs windfall, namely the bidding process

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2018, 09:57:57 AM »

They already have changed the rules since Geelongs windfall, namely the bidding process

Yep that ship has passed
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2018, 01:06:42 PM »
You reckon they'll stop there? Growing noise about abolishing the f/s rule altogether..... :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2018, 01:14:45 PM »
You reckon they'll stop there? Growing noise about abolishing the f/s rule altogether..... :shh
  :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2018, 06:10:34 PM »
Brayden Rioli, brother of Richmond premiership forward Daniel, will be unleashed on the national stage alongside his cousins Maurice Rioli jnr and Jacob Long next week.

They are all part of the Northern Territory Thunder team for the NAB AFL Under-16 Championships and will follow in the footsteps of their legendary family members.

"(Brayden and Maurice) are totally different players," Campbell told AFL.com.au.

"Maurice loves to get in and under and tackle and put pressure on, whereas Brayden is your typical Tiwi Islands player who loves a goal and has that X-factor about him.

Campbell said the talented trio earned their squad spots on their work ethic, as much as their ability.

"We try not to pick players on names, but the fact they turn up and come to training," he said.

"They know the history. I'm sure Maurice Rioli will deal with the pressure of being a Rioli and the footsteps to follow, but he turns up and works hard.

"He's not out there saying, 'Give me the ball, because I'm a Rioli'. He's out there saying, 'Hey, I'm your teammate, I'm going to help you win'.

"We're also mindful that just because he has that name, we don't want to drop him in the deep end and say, 'You're a Rioli, you need to go out there and play well'."

The NT's first game is against NSW/ACT at Blacktown International Sports Park on Monday.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-06-09/two-riolis-and-a-long-to-play-for-nt-under16s

Just read on BF (yes I know) that Essendon will have first dibs on him as he's in their academy zone....

- Gustav Mahler

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2018, 06:43:56 PM »

Just read on BF (yes I know) that Essendon will have first dibs on him as he's in their academy zone....
Why? Maurice junior is going through the normal underage system. He's not some kid out in the sticks who has hardly played the game before. We don't get first dibs on TAC Cup kids from Northern Victoria because it's our academy zone.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2018, 07:25:14 PM »
Also, as I understand, you have to actually attend their "academy", not just be zoned in it.

Lel at Essendon nuffies desperate for a Rioli.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2018, 08:36:35 PM »
The Next Generation Academy system covers indigenous players... :shh

Junior is playing his footy in Victoria now and is already covered under the father-son rule, Brayden Rioli is not a father-son... :shh :shh

Was a Richmond poster who brought it up over there, not an Essendon nuffie... :shh :shh :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2018, 08:57:11 PM »
Ah cheers.

Worst case scenario Essenbum get "rights" to him, and he nominates the bummers, do other clubs have a right to nominate him and force Essendumb to use up picks in order to block a selection, a la FS rules?