Author Topic: Caronavirus - COVID 19  (Read 81585 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Caronavirus - COVID 19
« Reply #435 on: July 21, 2021, 05:26:08 PM »
The CCTV vision of the 3 removalists from NSW that broke the rules and then lied about it :banghead.

https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1417722807614468100

Looks like they've also effectively killed their own mother now... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #436 on: July 21, 2021, 06:11:05 PM »
different blokes Dio.

the 2 you are talking about were some iranian blokes, who were from nsw and only travelled in nsw.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #437 on: July 21, 2021, 06:19:37 PM »
Not much love for Jacinda across the Tasman. Strange as i thought she was so much better at this according to some  :shh

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2021/07/covid-19-vaccine-rollout-slammed-as-failure-for-disabled-kiwis.html

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #438 on: July 21, 2021, 06:39:46 PM »
different blokes Dio.

the 2 you are talking about were some iranian blokes, who were from nsw and only travelled in nsw.

Yep correct Frankie

Just 2 more NSW removalists doing what NSW removalists do
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #439 on: July 21, 2021, 07:22:30 PM »
To add some humour to the thread.

Not sure anyone follows these guys.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CRlOiLFgygI/?utm_medium=copy_link

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #440 on: July 22, 2021, 08:44:43 AM »
so, I doubt this would be brought up on here :shh

Prahran Market had a case Saturday and today is Thursday. On my mates that is 5 days.

We have just been made aware by the DHHS that a confirmed COVID-positive shopper visited Prahran Market on Saturday the 17th of July between 9.40 am and 11.15 am.

Just heard another retailer in nunawading retailer strip speak on 3aw,  as they had some mix up as well with DHHS.

On face value there isn't non-compliance ,so i wonder how the contact tracing system is going down here?  :lol :lol

IMO this is why we are still in lockdowns. They have no faith in their own system.

That said, lets see how many actually come from the market itself. Should be hundreds and hundreds if you believe the government.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #441 on: July 22, 2021, 02:05:50 PM »
so, I doubt this would be brought up on here :shh

Prahran Market had a case Saturday and today is Thursday. On my mates that is 5 days.

We have just been made aware by the DHHS that a confirmed COVID-positive shopper visited Prahran Market on Saturday the 17th of July between 9.40 am and 11.15 am.

Just heard another retailer in nunawading retailer strip speak on 3aw,  as they had some mix up as well with DHHS.

On face value there isn't non-compliance ,so i wonder how the contact tracing system is going down here?  :lol :lol

IMO this is why we are still in lockdowns. They have no faith in their own system.

That said, lets see how many actually come from the market itself. Should be hundreds and hundreds if you believe the government.

Nice try but not quite cigar Frankie

Prahran market was added last night because the person who visited their was one of the positive cases from yesterday.

You cant add something as an exposure site until a positive case is detected, interviewed and the details given.

You really seem to either struggle or refuse to acknowledge with how contact tracing works. Understand it doesn't suit your purpose and that's OK

You do understand that contact tracing is only as good as the information the interviewee gives and if they've been checking in via QR codes. Think you may even find this is part of the issue NSW (remember them Aust Gold Standard) is having people not being as forthcoming as they should.

What is clear I reckon is that this time people are doing the right thing during their interviews (exception being the Hume family but I'll let you look that one up yourself  ;D)

But I digress

Sites are added as positive cases come through. They link a person movements to already known exposure sites. From there they determine a person's infectious period remembering the virus incubation for up to 14 days and then add the places they've been to during their infectious period

Oh and my summary above doesn't just come from what Vic contact tracing says it is what another state's contact tracing team spoke of last year when we were in lockdown

Interestingly in today's numbers the 4th person who was in the group of 4 that went to Phillip Island only tested positive yesterday. That's 7 days after the others...

In this outbreak like the last one our contact tracing is working. Why? Because there are 380+ sites listed. 12 months ago we'd be lucky to have 80

You can ridicule our contact tracing as much as you like but right now it is working. Over 20k people contact, more than 15k in iso...that's how it should be

The biggest positive we have from today's 26 cases is the fact that 24 people were already in iso. And that's not due to luck

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #442 on: July 22, 2021, 03:38:13 PM »
NSW - 124 new cases today. 70 cases were still in the community for part or all of their infectious period. 118 in hospital. 28 in ICU.

VIC - 26 new cases today. All linked. 24 were in isolation so 2 were in the community.

SA - 8 news cases today (including the 6 announced late arvo yesterday). All linked. 1 in hospital.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #443 on: July 23, 2021, 08:05:43 AM »
NSW has put certain regional areas around Orange in lockdown because it's spread there. It also had spread to Coffs Harbour. Covid doesn't care about imaginary lines on a map between city and country areas.

My question to those who prefer a statewide lockdown. Would you still prefer it, if say 80% plus over 50 is vaccinated? if you believe Hunt, and can understand why people wouldnt, today they are at 60% for the over 50's.
Greg Hunt lying again making out getting one dose is "vaccinated"  ::).

On his own federal government covid website it states that only 18.5% of over 50s are fully vaccinated. FFS, over two thirds of over 70s are still not fully vaccinated :facepalm.

https://www.health.gov.au/initiatives-and-programs/covid-19-vaccines/australias-covid-19-vaccine-rollout

The vaccine rollout has been an utter shambles. There's a reason why Australia is last in the OCED.

Anyway, to answer your question, we need >80% of the over 16 population fully vaccinated (two doses). At the moment we're only at 14% :facepalm. The use of masks in certain dense indoor settings I'm presuming will also remain as an additional cheap defence. The vaccines provide a 90+% effectiveness against hospitalisation. Having effective herd immunity via the vaccine (in combo with masks) will also limit the virus from mutating rapidly to even more stronger strains.

Right now we (Australia) are still seeing covid spread even with significant restrictions. Vaccine rates need to be the vast majority of the population before we can fully open up (including international travel). It's likely there will some quarantine restrictions on international arrivals and destinations for a number of years given undeveloped countries will still be significantly unvaccinated. That's another reason why we needed purpose-built quarantine facilities around Australia despite 18 months of inaction from the federal government.

It won't surprise me either if people require vaccination passports & certificates to travel and attend large mass gathering events. The nurse who gave me my second jab told me my vaccination certificate will be attached to my account on the mygov website. There's also been so talk that if the Grand Final was to be held at the MCG then only fully vaccinated fans should be allowed to attend so we can still have a decently large crowd.

fair enough MT, though can i ask why do we need that many vaccinated. Do people like hunt includes kids under 18 in that figure?

Does anyone know what the OZ population not including kids under 18?

I personally think we need 80% of the over 50's then the others can go as they please.

Those who haven't jabbed can run their own risk. For most it will be no more than a flu.

The majority of the risky categories (over 50's) are at no threat at this point.

As for the vax rollout, IMO its not serious here where people are dying so let other nations grab it. I dont know how truthful this is but i read african countries have limited vaccines available.

Also everyones favourite competent NZ PM Jacinta surely would have a far better vaccine rollout than Scomo. Surely :shh
Kids are not included in those figures (over 16s) but as the delta variant is infecting the young more than other strains there's now a discussion going on about the hows and whys of vaccinating kids as well.

The percentage number that is required to be vaccinated isn't a hard and fast number for all viruses. Obviously the higher the number vaccinated the better. One key factor is how infectious a particular virus is. Measles for instance is extremely infectious and so it takes 95% to suppress it. It's why kids are inoculated at a very young age. It was initially mentioned with the earlier strains of covid that 70% of the adult population vaccinated may be enough. But the stronger more infectious delta variant seems to have the medical experts pushing that up now to 80%.

Roughly 20m out of 26m are 18+ y.o.

One reason to suppress a virus is to dramatically slow its ability to evolve and mutate. The delta variant for instance as mentioned seems to have developed the ability to get pass kids' stronger immune system. Allowing covid to continue to rapidly evolve and mutate further could risk making the vaccines less effective. That's why you just can't vaccinate the old and allow the virus to run rampant through the young. Most of the cases are in the young more socially connected age groups.

ps. NZ's quarantine system has been better than Australia's. We've had 28 leaks from HQ across the country (that's one in every 3 weeks) and that's not counting the limo driver that started the latest outbreak in NSW. The combination of the slow vaccine rollout plus not having proper purpose-built federal quarantine facilities away from CBDs after 18 months into a pandemic is the reason half the country is currently in lockdown.   
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #444 on: July 23, 2021, 08:11:35 AM »
Australia’s medical watchdog (TGA) has approved the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine for 12 to 15-year-olds.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/breaking-news/tga-approves-pfizer-vaccine-for-teenagers/news-story/d913c0121dea127a27bf79ac4d33f91d

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #445 on: July 23, 2021, 03:19:39 PM »
VIC - 14 new cases today. All linked. 10 in isolation & 4 in the community for part of their infectious period. 7 in hospital. 2 in
         ICU (not on ventilators).

NSW - 136 new cases today. 70 out in the community for all or part of their infectious period. 137 in hospital. 32 in ICU.
          Gladys has called their outbreak a "national emergency".

SA - just the one new case today. So a good day for the croweaters.

QLD - a QANTAS flight attendant who was covid positive flew from Brisbane to Longreach.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #446 on: July 23, 2021, 04:30:13 PM »
NZ /  Australia travel bubble has been "paused" for the next 2 months

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #447 on: July 24, 2021, 09:57:29 AM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #448 on: July 24, 2021, 02:44:05 PM »
VIC - 12 new cases today. All linked. 10 in isolation and 2 partially in the community during their infectious period. 3 in ICU.

NSW - 163 new cases today. 71 in the community for all or part of their infectious period. 139 in hospital. 37 in ICU including 17
          on ventilators. 6 deaths.

SA - just the one new case today. So again good news.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #449 on: July 24, 2021, 07:30:10 PM »
Malta and Canada have very high vaccine uptake but still have many cases and still have deaths.
Restrictions are still commonplace.

I can’t see governments giving us back our freedoms. First the Alpha now the delta strain. We will be in perpetual fear with the “experts” telling us to trust them and just be “compliant” and not be “difficult”.

We are living in Orwellian times.

They won’t force us to take the vaccine but they will impose restrictions on those who choose not the take it.

Will governments give up the control they have? Will we be able to go somewhere without having to check in?

Will we ever be free again?
The club that keeps giving.