Author Topic: Caronavirus - COVID 19  (Read 81632 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Caronavirus - COVID 19
« Reply #480 on: July 28, 2021, 03:46:18 PM »
VIC - 9 new cases today. 8 are linked and in isolation. 1 mystery case though of a traffic controller at the Moonee Valley testing
        facility.
https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/new-victorian-mystery-covid-19-case-worked-at-testing-clinic-20210728-p58dqv.html

NSW - 177 new cases today. 68 in the community for all or part of their infectious period. 62 under investigation. 165 in
          hospital. 56 in ICU. 11 dead.

QLD - 1 new case today. A man who tested negative while in quarantine but then positive once released and while staying at a
          Roma St backpackers in Brisbane.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #481 on: July 29, 2021, 03:10:25 PM »
VIC - 7 new cases (including the traffic controller from yesterday). The 6 announced today are in isolation. 4 of these cases were day-13 tests from Bacchus Marsh. 7 in hospital. 2 in ICU (1 on a ventilator).

NSW - 239 new cases today  :o. 88 out in the community for all or part of their infectious period. Another 70 under investigation. 182 in hospital. 54 in ICU (22 on ventilators). 2 more deaths.
It was also mentioned that 25% of over 70s up there haven't had even one dose of vaccine so they are expecting the number of deaths to rise as the number of cases continue to rise.

SA - 2 new cases. All in isolation.

QLD - no new cases but that backpackers is still closed.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #482 on: July 30, 2021, 02:36:59 PM »
VIC - 3 new cases today. All in isolation. The traffic controller has been indirectly linked back to the Ariele Maribyrnong apartment.

NSW - 170 new cases today. 52 in the community for all or part of their infectious period. 53 under investigation. 187 in hospital. 58 in ICU (24 on ventilators). It was mentioned last night on Sydney news that of those in ICU: 4 are in their 30s, 8 in their 20s and two are teenagers. There's also been 300 fines in the past 24 hours (150 for refusing to wear a mask). The idiot of the day is the nitwit who deliberately went to work at a construction site while knowingly infectious :facepalm.

QLD - one new case today. At a local school in Brisbane.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #483 on: July 30, 2021, 04:39:06 PM »
Burnet institute says we require at least:

* 95% of over 60s vaccinated.
* 70% of the rest of the population vaccinated.
* Lighter restrictions to control outbreaks so not to overwhelm the health system (i.e. hospitalisations).

https://twitter.com/9NewsMelb/status/1420992811042750465

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #484 on: July 30, 2021, 08:20:24 PM »
The latest "4-stage plan":

A. Current Phase: Vaccinate, Prepare and Pilot* — Continue to strongly suppress the virus for the purpose of minimising community transmission

"*No jurisdiction required to increase restrictions beyond current settings"

And when we hit 70% of double-dose vaccination we can go to:

B. Vaccination Transition Phase — Seek to minimise serious illness, hospitalisation and fatality as a result of COVID-19 with low level restrictions

Then we have to hit 80% of double-dose vaccination before we can move to:

C. Vaccination Consolidation Phase — Seek to minimise serious illness, hospitalisations and fatalities as a result of COVID-19 with baseline restrictions

International travel begins again at 80 per cent vaccination rate.

Before the elusive:

D. Final Post-Vaccination Phase — Manage COVID-19 consistent with public health management of other infectious diseases

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-30/covid-live-blog-latest-news-australia-nsw-qld-vaccine-lockdown/100335538
More here: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-30/national-cabinet-update-covid19-support-vaccine-targets/100338334

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #485 on: July 31, 2021, 01:52:31 PM »
QLD - 6 new cases today linked to that school case yesterday. 11 LGAs will go into an immediate 3-day lockdown from 4pm today.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/queensland/parts-of-queensland-to-go-into-lockdown-seven-new-covid-19-cases-20210731-p58enx.html

VIC - 2 new cases today. All linked. One in isolation but one was out in the community (went to Doncaster East woolies).

NSW - 210 new cases today. 32 out in the community for all or part of their infectious period. A whopping 120 still under investigation. 203 in hospital. 53 in ICU (27 in ventilation). 1 further death sadly.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #486 on: July 31, 2021, 07:38:54 PM »
Had my vaccination yesterday .. second Pfizer

I can honestly say I’ve never felt so crook. Chills, shakes, sore joints and headaches (I can’t remember the last headache I’ve ever had) .. Today has been a genuine struggle

It’s interesting how some people don’t have a reaction and others can feel like death warmed up

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #487 on: August 01, 2021, 09:35:00 AM »
Had my vaccination yesterday .. second Pfizer

I can honestly say I’ve never felt so crook. Chills, shakes, sore joints and headaches (I can’t remember the last headache I’ve ever had) .. Today has been a genuine struggle

It’s interesting how some people don’t have a reaction and others can feel like death warmed up

First AZ is worse than second.
Second Pfizer is worse than first.

It's like getting a good hit of the flu really.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #488 on: August 01, 2021, 10:19:44 AM »

First AZ is worse than second.
Second Pfizer is worse than first.

It's like getting a good hit of the flu really.

Yes, I heard that

Apart from a bloody sore arm I didn't have any side effects from my 1st AZ jab. So hoping the 2nd based on what the say means no effects

Had a friend have their 2nd AZ on Friday and they feel fine. After their first jab they had really bad headaches.

And PS
Take care Damo.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #489 on: August 01, 2021, 11:56:53 AM »
Chief Health Officer, Victoria
@VictorianCHO
·
Jul 24
We can all argue the merits or otherwise of various approaches to managing transmission, but let's not pretend that 'marching for freedom' will actually deliver the precious freedom that we all need and desire. end/
https://mobile.twitter.com/VictorianCHO/status/1418837288826540034

I’m curious as to why the Chief health officer felt it necessary to comment on the silly people wanting to demonstrate
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.theage.com.au/national/victoria/anti-lockdown-protesters-descend-on-downtown-melbourne-20210724-p58ckf.html

Although he gave a minor warning prior to the protests last year, but when the Black Lives Matter protests were the flavour of the month there were no tweets seen from him about how stupid any protester was then.  :rollin

Very very convenient selective criticism from him and many of the phoneys in charge.

You’d have to be blind to not see the blatant hypocrisy.

They could’ve had another BLM protest and the silence would be deafening again.
The club that keeps giving.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #490 on: August 02, 2021, 07:09:37 AM »
Phase two, which would result in a meaningful easing of restrictions, no long lockdowns, and a relaxation of overseas arrivals caps, would begin when 70 per cent was reached.

Phase three, which would offer life approaching normal, would begin when an 80 per cent rate was reached, and the full freedom would come at a rate somewhere well above 80 per cent but yet to be defined.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #491 on: August 02, 2021, 09:38:09 AM »
Had both my AZ shots
It’s fine
I just want life back

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #492 on: August 02, 2021, 05:25:44 PM »
QLD - 13 new local cases today. Linked to schools. So they've extended their south-east lockdown to Sunday.

NSW - 207 new cases. 72 in the community for all or part of their infectious period. 46 under investigation. 232 in hospital. 54 in ICU (25 on ventilators). One further death.

VIC - 2 new cases. All linked and both in isolation.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #493 on: August 03, 2021, 03:37:21 PM »
NSW - 199 new cases today. 82 in the community for all or part of their infectious period. 47 under investigation. 250 in hospital. 53 in ICU (20 on ventilators). 43 of those in ICU are unvaccinated.

QLD - 16 new cases. A potential further positive in Cairns is being investigated.

VIC - 4 new cases. All linked and all in isolation.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #494 on: August 03, 2021, 04:19:32 PM »
Okay a bit messy but here's what has been said today regarding the Doherty Institute modelling:

Summary:

- Government says early interventions with short, sharp lockdowns, are the most cost-effective way to handle the virus

- The modelling is defined as an infectious disease model and the health impact reported are all COVID-19 related

- Modelling suggests when 70% of the population is vaccinated lockdowns can ease

- Data suggests younger adults are peak transmitters of COVID-19

Sources: The Doherty Institute & SBS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor McVernon from Doherty Institute says their modelling found that at 50-60% vaccination, there would still be “rapidly growing outbreaks that would be very difficult to control” - she says that above 70%, that risk is far lower

Jodie McVernon: "Vaccination alone is a very big part of the answer but it is not the whole answer. We must maintain ongoing public health and social measures"

Professor McVernon makes the point that real-world data comparing the Pfizer and AstraZeneca vaccines shows they have very similar numbers on reducing hospitalisation and deaths  from COVID

Chief medical officer Paul Kelly on reopening Australia and removing COVID restrictions: “We need to move with that four phase plan to a different phase - we need to accept that there will be cases, we need to accept that there will be hospitalisations, and there will be deaths”
https://twitter.com/JoshButler/
https://twitter.com/murpharoo/status/1422382810929586178

During the presentation, the Doherty Institute said risk was clear.

“We know this from looking around the world for 18 months. Yes, children can get covid and we are concerned about them becoming infectious but they’re not as good as their parents are,’’ she said.

“In this case it’s really the 20-39 years that are peak spreaders. They will bring covid to their children and to their parents.”

The new research warns that while “younger adults are peak transmitters of COVID-19, older adults experience the most severe health impacts”.

“As supply allows, extending eligibility to all adults (16+) offers the greatest potential to slow down transmission,’’ the research states.

Doherty Institute Professor Jodie McVernon said the key message was that immunising younger people should be a priority.

“This is a strategy that basically follows where we are right now but brings forward immunisation of the 30-39 group to the beginning of September and 16-29 to early in October,’’ she said.

https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavirus/australia/pm-reveals-new-aussie-superspreaders-driving-delta-outbreaks/news-story/c118427321c992343ac32f169bfa4554

Key Doherty Institute slides:

Sources: Doherty Institute & Casey Briggs (ABC)

Modelling notes that the Original strains could be suppressed without vaccination. Not the case now, the Doherty Institute finds.

https://twitter.com/naveenjrazik/status/1422384787503779840

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cost to the economy

“Treasury has undertaken analysis of the various COVID scenarios modelled by Doherty,” Mr Frydenberg said.

“The economic cost comes down significantly if governments work quickly to get on top of the virus.

“Early interventions, short, sharp lockdowns, are the most cost-effective way to handle the virus.

“What Treasury have found is that at 50 per cent and 60 per cent vaccination rates, it’s five times more costly should governments not move early to get on top of the virus, and that’s the short, sharp lockdowns that we’re now seeing in Queensland, that we’ve seen in Victoria and that we’ve seen in South Australia.”

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/life/slow-lockdowns-five-times-more-costly-than-snap-ones/video/62e23a36b4edd98797492634b2faa557