Author Topic: Vale Shane Tuck  (Read 18281 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Re: Vale Shane Tuck
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2020, 06:02:10 PM »
Im really shocked and saddened by the news of Tucks passing.

It’s far too young and leaves a wife and two kids.

Devastating news. All my prayers and condolences to his family and the club. 
The club that keeps giving.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2020, 06:03:21 PM »
Loved this guy as a player. Vale and my thought go to his family.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2020, 06:03:43 PM »
I’m a little gutted. I loved watching him play. Did he play a game out vs the Hawks with a cracked scapula? Sad news- RIP

Offline ¾ T!geɹ

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2020, 06:10:20 PM »
I enjoyed watchin Tucky play, farewell proud tiger  :'(  R.I.P you will be missed.
The third quarter, the premiership quarter, it's Dusty time. He starts to shine and then delivers in the most AWESOME fashion.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2020, 06:47:49 PM »
Tucky.... :'(
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2020, 07:09:25 PM »
Gutted just gutted :gobdrop

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2020, 08:40:20 PM »
 Crap

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2020, 08:51:13 PM »
Guttered. Was a great man, one of the best you could ever meet.

Thoughts are with his fam.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2020, 07:06:05 AM »
Rest in peace. My thoughts are with his family. He was a great player and clubman-courageous, loyal, humble and hardworking. He will be greatly missed.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2020, 08:44:25 AM »
Its taken me all night to fathom this news. Its heartbreaking that a young 38 year old bloke with 2 young kids felt this was a solution to depression. Tucky was a warrior, and he gave everything he had as a player. Our club as a power club in Australian sport should try and find a way develop a program for all our old players who are struggling with depression to give them the tools to overcome the psychological demons they are dealing with. This is a tragedy. RIP Tucky. My condolences to his family.p

Offline DTRF

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2020, 09:27:37 AM »
Its taken me all night to fathom this news. Its heartbreaking that a young 38 year old bloke with 2 young kids felt this was a solution to depression. Tucky was a warrior, and he gave everything he had as a player. Our club as a power club in Australian sport should try and find a way develop a program for all our old players who are struggling with depression to give them the tools to overcome the psychological demons they are dealing with. This is a tragedy. RIP Tucky. My condolences to his family.p
Great words Ramps. I totally agree, there needs to be more done for past players.

My heart is broken.  :'(

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2020, 10:12:23 AM »
We as a club cannot sit idly by and do nothing. This has to be a line in the sand for our club and its ex players who are dealing with depression. The club needs to institute a program where any of our ex players can get access to a psychologist or social worker free of charge to help them through. This is an opportunity to do something great. Too help and to avoid another tragedy. We could even name such a program after Shane Tuck. It doesnt matter if he wasnt a superstar, he was a Tiger Warrior and one of our boys.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2020, 10:43:32 AM »
We as a club cannot sit idly by and do nothing. This has to be a line in the sand for our club and its ex players who are dealing with depression. The club needs to institute a program where any of our ex players can get access to a psychologist or social worker free of charge to help them through. This is an opportunity to do something great. Too help and to avoid another tragedy. We could even name such a program after Shane Tuck. It doesnt matter if he wasnt a superstar, he was a Tiger Warrior and one of our boys.

I share your sentiments Ramps, wholeheartedly

But this isn't just a Richmond issue this is an AFL issue

The AFLPA have the very programs you are talking about as do by extension all Clubs. But as is the way in so many cases people have to either admit they need help or be prepared to take the help when it is offered

I think we have seen over the last 6-12 months in particular the issues players face when they leave the "system", how many face struggles and issues

While in the "system" their lives are so regimented and controlled. Once that is over so many seem unable to cope without that structure. it is so sad. Even more so in this case as 2 young children will grew up without a fother

It is one of the reasons I am so concerned with the AFL's obsession to cut lists under the guise of COVID. What sort of impact is it going to have?

AFL needs to be very careful and maybe (so very sadly) this might be the wake up call

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2020, 01:39:03 PM »
With spud and now tucky the programs in place dont seem to be working. If anything O believe our club could run this type of program better than the association. One of the problems may be that they are trying to cover a large number of people. If we focus on our own we may be able to do it better.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2020, 12:09:20 AM »
Ok here we go

I’ve been a member of this forum for many many years .. this thread has hit me a lot harder than some would realise

Twice I’ve been taken to hospital in an ambulance after failed suicide attempts ...

I’m the father of two magnificent daughters who think the world of me, aged 11 and 8 . It’s easy to look at what has happened with Tucky and think, how could he ??? But I was in the position of feeling hopeless myself

It’s easy for people to say this is the fault of the AFL and the lack of support systems they have in place , but it definitely isn’t that simple coming from experience of being in the lowest of the low myself