Author Topic: Balme on SEN  (Read 2408 times)

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
Balme on SEN
« on: August 19, 2020, 11:22:06 AM »
Balmey was on SEN this morning and talked yet again about being open to looking after Jack Graham should he wish to leave the club for greener pastures. 
At some point we need to maximise our draft position should players like Jack, Broady, CCJ etc want to leave the club. 
Other clubs seem to so easily get great returns for their players like Brad Crouch where our players we get left overs. 

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
Re: Balme on SEN
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 11:55:33 AM »
I thought Richmond fc was the greenest pasture.  :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2020, 12:26:24 PM »
Need to take a much harder line fullstop.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2020, 01:35:59 PM »
Graham second round pick.

Broad and CCJ probably similar.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2020, 03:26:01 PM »
AUDIO of Balmey: https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=720909

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Balme: Richmond potentially open to Jack Graham trade request

By Nic Negrepontis
SEN
19 August 2020

Richmond Senior Advisor Neil Balme has commented on the report linking Jack Graham to a trade out of Punt Road.

The Age reported overnight that Richmond and Adelaide were two teams interested in acquiring the young midfielder.

Balme said they want to keep the out of contract Graham, but will understand if he feels come the end of the year that he could find greater opportunity elsewhere.

“I think he’s played seven of the 12 games. We like him, he’s a good player, he gives everything, we’ll never forget the effort he put in in the Preliminary Final last year,” Balme told SEN Breakfast.

"He hung in there, he was in real trouble. If he hadn’t hung in there, we wouldn’t have won the game I don’t think.

“I think the important thing in footy that I think we do as well as anyone is accept that sometimes a bloke’s not getting a game so other clubs might be interested and we need to actually take that seriously.

“And if that’s what happens, well that’s what happens and that’s good and we’ve got to accept that what’s good for the young man is probably more important than what’s just good for the club.

“I think in the past we used to do a little bit too much and the players suffered a little bit for it.

“Clearly we’re keen for him to stay, clearly we don’t want him to go, but we’re also open to, like if he’s not getting a game and he comes back to us and says ‘I’m not playing as much as I’d like’, well we’ll certainly look at it.

“If he’s got somewhere he wants to go, we’ll certainly talk about it, but we’re very keen for him to stay. That’ll work itself out I think.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/08/18/balme-richmond-potentially-open-to-jack-graham-trade-request/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Neil Balme not concerned by Richmond MRO rap sheet (SEN)
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2020, 03:26:55 PM »
Neil Balme not concerned by Richmond MRO rap sheet

By Nic Negrepontis
SEN
19 August 2020

Richmond Senior Club Advisor Neil Balme isn’t too concerned with the rap sheet his side has built at the MRO so far in 2020.

The likes of Tom Lynch (three times), Dustin Martin (twice), Jack Riewoldt and others have been fined for various incidents this year.

Lynch is the most recent to face the MRO, fined twice for striking in the Tigers’ win over Gold Coast.

Balme backs Lynch in to work out where the line is going forward.

“I’d be saying just get on with the game, don’t worry too much about it,” Balme told SEN Breakfast.

“He hasn’t really done anything nasty, it’s just a lot of simple stuff I reckon.

“I think he’ll figure that out. He’ll have a few people talking to him saying you don’t want to be costing yourself $1000 every time and next time it happens you’ll get a week and we can’t afford you to get a week.

“I think he’ll work it out, he’s a bright kid.

“It’s such a one-on-one aggressive game, we’ve all done things we probably shouldn’t have done, it probably didn’t look that pretty, but I reckon he’ll figure it out.”

Balme however feels the general reaction to Richmond’s ongoing MRO troubles is over the top.

“Maybe (they need to dial it back a bit), but if you look at them all they’re all relatively meaningless,” he said.

“There was no – ‘oh god why did he do that for?’.

“So we’re probably a little bit over the top in the way we’re trying to rein these players in and I think it looks a lot worse than it is.

“Having said that, there’s that much of it and it’s a pain in the butt every Monday for poor old (Richmond General Manager of Football) Tim Livingstone to have to go through it all.

“To be fair, quite a bit of it is accidental running into a blokes head from the front, which they look at, which I agree that they should look at them, but it’s not something you can probably avoid in a sense because that happens in the game.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/08/18/neil-balme-not-concerned-by-richmond-mro-rap-sheet/

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2020, 04:11:47 PM »
Anything short if GBH would seem trivial to Balmey.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2020, 06:27:13 PM »
Anything short if GBH would seem trivial to Balmey.... :shh

Ask Geoff Southby
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2020, 07:49:40 PM »
I'd say you'd be asking for late first rounders for all 3 of those players.  Between 15-25 ish. 

Hoping all 3 stay.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2020, 09:29:41 PM »
Gotta love Balmey

Says alot but actually says very little  :rollin

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2020, 10:53:06 PM »
smart fellow, great advisor , calm on the outside when those around him are unsettled, no coincidence they clubs he has been involved in win premierships