Author Topic: Samson Ryan [merged]  (Read 49745 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Samson Ryan to debut [update]
« Reply #105 on: June 26, 2021, 12:22:14 AM »
saw nothing in the kid tonight to suggest he will be anything, much like chol who has had more cracks at it.

you only have to go back a few months when that other kid had a shocker first game and he was smashed on here.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #106 on: June 26, 2021, 06:55:04 AM »
Poor Samson had a fantasy score of -2.

0 disposals
0 marks
0 tackles
0 clearances
0 inside 50s
1 hitout
1 free against
55% time on ground.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #107 on: June 26, 2021, 07:35:09 AM »
He and Martym have the worst 2 debuts Ive ever seen. At leadt Samson is a big kid so he gets extra time but some of our kids are struggling.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #108 on: June 26, 2021, 07:55:42 AM »
100% ramps. Il go a step further and blame the selection committee for the 2 dumbest selections ever seen. It is on them for their cockiness

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #109 on: June 26, 2021, 11:21:49 AM »
100% ramps. Il go a step further and blame the selection committee for the 2 dumbest selections ever seen. It is on them for their cockiness

I agree. It’s up to the selection committee to get these decisions right as it can ruin a career before it even starts.
I just hope the kid can lift himself off the canvas because last night was a knock out blow to his confidence
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #110 on: June 26, 2021, 12:45:55 PM »
lol at the reactions here. The kid has shown plenty in the two's and deserved a chance. Unfortunately it was a shocker and it showed nothing more than he is not ready yet. At the worst all it does is show him how much work he has to do the experience good or bad game is what it is all about.

The kid has very good attributes so good that they say he will get there.
Slightly different scenario Brian Lake had 10 goals kicked on him at debut and he went on to become a great F/B.

if his VFL form warrants a game im all for playing him let him test out where he is at, im sure he will have plenty more bad games at both levels.

When this kid gets the required size and strength that comes with it he should be  a handful for any opposition.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #111 on: June 27, 2021, 12:21:09 PM »
Donuts :lol I reckon I could’ve played a better game than this kid.

Who made this decision? I think the selection committee have been drinking their own bath water.

This was a complete balls up.

I think this is the worse debut ever.  :rollin

Yep he had a shocker

But to ridicule and laugh about it at the kids expense is IMHO poor form

I feel really bad this kid, just sayin’
Have to agree, don’t bag the kid, not his fault

I really feel for him too. Got cast out to the wolves tonight. Just another example of the arrogance of the Club.

He wasn't ready and ot showed. Might of got away with it if Nank was playing but he wasn't

And yes Dio, you are correct Jonathan Brown got duck eggs in first game.
It was more a criticism of the selection committee than the kid but whatever you can think what you want.
Anyway, if you can’t laugh about stuff that happens in life you’ll end up in the potential straight jacket league blaming everyone and anyone for all circumstances for your life ills because it’s all too hard ie. Beams
Or even the club that gave you a chance ie. Reece McKenzie

“When you have intolerable levels of anxiety and depression and have developed an eating disorder causing you to lose all of your friends all because of an incompetent, dysfunctional, joke and embarrassment of a club. I didn’t retire from football because of mental health reasons, I quit Richmond, I f***ing quit because if I had continued to receive the treatment that they were giving me I would have killed myself no doubt. No person at any profession deserves the treatment I received, they are a disgrace to professional sporting clubs around the world and it’s no wonder they got someone else in to do Dan Richardson’s job because he knows f*** all about football and f*** all about basic human care.” McKenzie wrote.
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.zerohanger.com/just-in-retired-tiger-absolutely-unloads-on-richmond-8438/amp/

Browny can now look back on his illustrious career and laugh at his first game as hopefully Ryan will one day do himself as I’ve seen him in the twos he goes ok but there’s no guarantees in life (unless your Jason Castagna) most people have to work bloody hard to make it and be successful.
Let’s hope he can one day look back on this debacle and laugh as well. 

The club that keeps giving.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #112 on: June 27, 2021, 12:55:16 PM »
As bad as a debut that it was it still wasnt as bad as Jack Watts one

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #113 on: June 27, 2021, 03:22:30 PM »
He’s been doing well at VFL level but it’s a big jump and he is a long way off

Very poor selection and it really cost us tonight

Would have been better with 1 ruck and mis size played instead of Ryan and even CJ

Spot on.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Samson Ryan [merged]
« Reply #114 on: September 17, 2021, 05:24:07 PM »
With Chol gone and CCJ likely heading out too, it opens the door for Samson and pushes him our ruck rungs. Motivation for him to have a big preseason and learn big time from his horror debut where he was thrown to the wolves against experienced senior St Kilda rucks Marshall & Ryder.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Samson Ryan signs two year contract extension (RFC site)
« Reply #115 on: January 21, 2022, 06:26:05 PM »
Richmond has extended the contract of emerging ruck/forward Samson Ryan for a further two years.

Richmond General Manager- Football Talent Blair Hartley said that the 206cm ruck/forward had made a strong start to his career.

“Samson impressed us with his training standards and on-field performance throughout his first season at the Club in 2021,” he said.

“Already, he has got a small taste of AFL football and we are very excited to see more of him across the next three seasons.”

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1049407/samson-ryan-signs-richmond-extension

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Samson Ryan signs two year contract extension (RFC site)
« Reply #116 on: January 22, 2022, 09:43:37 PM »
After his debut the only way is up

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #117 on: January 23, 2022, 05:05:14 PM »
He was thrown to the wolves in his debut game. I know our options were limited with both Nank and Soldo out at that time but Dimma and match committee stuffed up starting him as first ruck in that St Kilda game against experienced quality rucks in Marshall and Ryder.

Having said that, it's good news we have re-signed him. He has plenty of raw talent and other clubs would love to poach him. Good to lock him away after losing both CCJ & Chol. Now he can develop to eventually take over from Nank when he retires.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #118 on: January 24, 2022, 01:34:36 PM »
After his debut the only way is up

We hope.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Pappy

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #119 on: April 24, 2022, 09:49:15 PM »
Ryan may have some VFL traits, but he isn’t going to make it as an AFL footballer.
He’s laconic and lazy and his training standards are very poor.