Author Topic: 'I'm not fazed about where Richmond are at' - David King (SEN)  (Read 747 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
David King on SEN this morning:

“I’m not expecting Richmond to win [vs Brisbane], but I’m absolutely not fazed about where they’re at.”

Richmond is currently without some of their best players due to injury, with the likes of Trent Cotchin, Dion Prestia, Shane Edwards, Kane Lambert and Shai Bolton on the sidelines.

King said the Tigers were tracking similarly to the trajectory they took in 2019, where they suffered a similar spate of injuries mid-season and then recovered to win the premiership.

“If you have a look at Richmond of 2019, they had six star-factor players on the sidelines and they made a decision as a football club to try and hopefully split the next six rounds and stay afloat,” he said.

“They ended up falling out of the top eight in Round 13 or 14 and they their players started to return and started to get healthy where they challenged their energy in the back half of the season.

“They ended up winning their last nine home and away games and the three finals to win the flag and this season is shaping the same.

“They’ll start getting some players back in the next 2-3 weeks and they’re star factor players, they’re going to come with a rush.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/05/20/david-king-names-the-side-playing-the-best-footy-in-the-competition-right/