Author Topic: Your new year's footy resolutions?  (Read 1176 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Your new year's footy resolutions?
« on: January 01, 2021, 10:02:05 PM »
What is/are your footy resolution(s) for 2021?

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Your new year's footy resolutions?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2021, 12:02:56 AM »
I resolve to stop bagging N0rf at every given opportunity (even though they give ample opportunities to bag them cos they are a complete rabble) & I resolve to ... no ...
... wait a minute ...
... forget the whole thing! 

N0rf suck & that's the truth!      :santa    :lol
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2021, 07:44:49 AM »
Just get to round 1 and see those flags raised :pray

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 05:56:16 PM »
Richmond

The Tigers are obviously fully consumed by contending for a 4th flag in 5 seasons along with assuming an unimpeachable place in footy history. Yet that wish is a little too broad, so let’s narrow it down a little.

A seperate wish for Richmond is that another midfielder elevates himself to super-star status as there’s sure to come a day when the likes of Dustin Martin, Trent Cotchin and Dion Prestia can no longer do all the heavy lifting and Brownlow-vote binging.

Perhaps Liam Baker can be that man? The pint-sized, un-drafted midfielder from Perth is already a two-time premiership winner, burst his way into the ’22 under-22 team’ this season while capping off his remarkable progression by fishing 6th in the highly competitive Tiger Best and Fairest.

https://www.statsinsider.com.au/afl/afl-2021-18-clubs-18-wishes-for-the-new-year

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2021, 07:50:51 AM »
1. Attend an AFLW game with daughter & son.
2. Attend Round 1 vs Carlscum to see 2 x flags unfurled.
3. Son gets to play any game of footy in 2021.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Dal Santo's three New Year's resolutions for Richmond (SEN)
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2021, 03:19:42 PM »
DAL SANTO'S THREE NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS FOR RICHMOND

BY SEN
13 January 2021

Nick Dal Santo has outlined his New Year’s resolutions for reigning premiers Richmond.

Given the Tigers have won three of the last four premierships, they enter 2021 without the need for much change, but Dal Santo has picked out three areas to focus on.

See his thoughts from SEN Breakfast below:

Simply be in a position to launch for September

“We don’t say this about many teams. What they have shown to us, like few other clubs have been able to do, they have ups and downs throughout the year, they had as many as any club last year, but they also have the ability when healthy and fit to change gears,” Dal Santo said.

“They can just turn it on and I don’t say that about many clubs, but they do.

“So don’t be surprised if they have some fluctuations, don’t be surprised if Dustin Martin is going through the motions.

“What we’ve seen, particularly with Dustin and the majority of their players is that when it gets serious, they’re ready to roll.”

Noah Balta to make the All-Australian squad

“He has the capabilities, and I know he’s been compared to the Alex Rance role and rightly so, but he has the capabilities to be that good right away.”

“He makes a few mistakes along the way, but you’ve got to accept that at times from a young defender, but when you’re that aggressive and that proactive you’ve got to take the good with the bad.”

Learn about your kids

“I think they’ve got the opportunity this year to learn about some kids.”

“I’m a huge fan of Patrick Naish and the person that he has a bit of cheek about him, which I think the game needs, but I also think he could be a good player.

“So someone like a Naish, and there’s probably a handful of others, but I wanted to highlight him specifically because they need to find the next group.

“This group won’t be together forever so who’s the next group coming through?”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/01/12/dal-santos-three-new-years-resolutions-for-richmond/