Author Topic: Tiger chief demands: Get us out of Marvel Stadium (HeraldSun)  (Read 6199 times)

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: Tiger chief demands: Get us out of Marvel Stadium (HeraldSun)
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2021, 10:38:14 AM »
Kane  :lol

2020 ring any bells? Hub in QLD all year. No free kicks there.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2021, 03:38:34 PM »
Whateley feels the Tigers have now made a bed for themselves with their stance on home games.

“Brendon Gale mounted the campaign completely unexpectedly on the back page of Friday’s Herald Sun,” he added.

“It became self-fulfilling that Richmond people wouldn’t go. They are now acolytes for your home games should be at your home venue. You can’t read it any other way.

“Richmond home games should be at the MCG, Collingwood home games should be at the MCG, Bulldogs home games should be at Marvel, including their finals, and Geelong’s home games should be in Geelong.

“Presumably, Richmond have now volunteered that, ‘yes we play Geelong twice a year, we’re going down the highway because every team’s home game should be played on its home deck. This is what we believe in, at our core we believe in it’.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/05/17/why-it-is-such-a-pity-that-must-of-us-dont-love-marvel-stadium/

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2021, 07:30:19 PM »
It's the ticketing system that is putting people off. The ticketing agencies are using the covid restrictions to price gouge  :thumbsdown.

The top tier (level 3) of Docklands prior to covid had always been 'free' entry for GA RFC members to sit in. However, for the weekend's game they added $10 to book a reserved seat for the front 10 rows of the top tier. The 'free' "general reserve" area that the Club suggested for our GA members was up the back of the top tier and (when I logged onto ticketmaster to book) also in the corner bays of the stadium selected by ticketmaster at 'random' (i.e. the worst seats).

Many people aren't going to attend the footy when they are either forced to sit in the worst seats or pay more for seats that use to be free to them both in terms of cost and choice.

ps. It was a GWS game so with few away fans the stadium was never going to be anywhere near full especially up in the top tier. They were just trying to rip off and extort more money from ordinary Tiger members and supporters :thumbsdown.

Cant stand the joint but still go.
We got first row on the top level no extra charge?
As a reserved seat holder level 1 at the G, I expect a equal replacement so far from happy especially seeing the amount of people there.
Marvel can ram it up its Ramhole!!!
Interesting. Sounds like level 1 at the 'G reserve seat holders were bumped up to the front rows of the top tier at Docklands while GA members were pushed up the back of level 3. Ticketmaster were charging an extra $10 to sit in a level 3 seat that would normally in pre-covid times be freely available for my GA membership. There were callers on SEN this arvo saying they were charged an extra $33 to sit in their usual seats at Docklands. One bloke had 6 people in his group so that would've been an extra $200. And they wonder why many RFC members didn't go. People don't like being ripped off.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2021, 07:48:04 PM »
Whateley feels the Tigers have now made a bed for themselves with their stance on home games.

“Brendon Gale mounted the campaign completely unexpectedly on the back page of Friday’s Herald Sun,” he added.

“It became self-fulfilling that Richmond people wouldn’t go. They are now acolytes for your home games should be at your home venue. You can’t read it any other way.

“Richmond home games should be at the MCG, Collingwood home games should be at the MCG, Bulldogs home games should be at Marvel, including their finals, and Geelong’s home games should be in Geelong.

“Presumably, Richmond have now volunteered that, ‘yes we play Geelong twice a year, we’re going down the highway because every team’s home game should be played on its home deck. This is what we believe in, at our core we believe in it’.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/05/17/why-it-is-such-a-pity-that-must-of-us-dont-love-marvel-stadium/

Does Geelong not request some of their home games be played at the MCG and then allow the AFL to pick and chose based on expected crowd numbers? If that’s the case then that’s their own problem. Prior to 2018 we were one of the few teams that actually played down there. Now that we are successful and draw the biggest crowd they’ve moved the game to Melbourne. Again if Geelong request all their games in Geelong than their right to feel aggrieved but I’m pretty sure they ask for some home games at the G for the extra cash injection.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2021, 08:37:15 PM »

Does Geelong not request some of their home games be played at the MCG and then allow the AFL to pick and chose based on expected crowd numbers? If that’s the case then that’s their own problem. Prior to 2018 we were one of the few teams that actually played down there. Now that we are successful and draw the biggest crowd they’ve moved the game to Melbourne. Again if Geelong request all their games in Geelong than their right to feel aggrieved but I’m pretty sure they ask for some home games at the G for the extra cash injection.

Correct Geelong ask 3-4 games at the MCG each season. But at the same time request that big drawing teams play at Kardinia Park.

Seems they want the best of both worlds
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2021, 01:17:09 AM »

Correct Geelong ask 3-4 games at the MCG each season. But at the same time request that big drawing teams play at Kardinia Park.

Seems they want the best of both worlds

I would say unbiasedly that it’s their home games they should get to chose which games they give them up to and be able to play finals in Geelong. I just don’t like the narrative that we are the ones being favoured in the home and away season given that we used to be the ones to cop the Geelong road trip and in finals when I can’t remember them playing anyone other than fremantle there in the 15 years at least and they lost that game anyway lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2021, 05:54:26 AM »
Richmond star Jack Riewoldt addressed coach Damien Hardwick's controversial comments about Marvel Stadium.

Watch: https://twitter.com/FOXFOOTY/status/1394604559935234049

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2021, 06:17:02 PM »
Despite declaring last week that he “hated” Marvel Stadium, Hardwick softened his stance and said he was more than happy to travel to the Gabba.

“Hate was a very strong word. I moved on pretty quickly,” he said.

“End of the day, our players will play anywhere, that’s the reality. We love going to Optus Stadium, we love going to Port Adelaide, love going back to the Gabba. It’s got fond memories for us.”

Source: HeraldSun

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2021, 07:33:30 PM »
Chris Scott had another swipe at us on 7news tonight.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Two of footy's fiercest rivals are at it again with Cats coach Chris Scott offering a pointed response to Richmond's complaints about playing home games at Marvel Stadium.

Watch: https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1394939099895586823

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2021, 08:29:41 PM »

Two of footy's fiercest rivals are at it again with Cats coach Chris Scott offering a pointed response to Richmond's complaints about playing home games at Marvel Stadium.

Must really sting Salty Scott that we've ended their GF quest in 3 of the last 4 years.  LOL

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2021, 09:47:38 PM »

Must really sting Salty Scott that we've ended their GF quest in 3 of the last 4 years.  LOL

And he is poo scared part IV is looming!

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2021, 10:14:50 AM »
What I love to we give them false hope toy with them they had a 10 goal win last year and this season.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2021, 11:05:56 PM »
Are Tigers fans precious about Marvel Stadium?

If fans of other clubs (particularly the clubs that use it as a home ground) like going to the Docklands, then good luck to them. Schedule more of those matches at the ground or simply leave it as an exclusive ground for those clubs that do not attract the same level of crowds such as North Melbourne.

But do not force Richmond fans to attend.

No, we are not precious, but we are many, and the AFL needs to listen to its biggest club and provide the experience they demand.

Read the full length article here: https://www.theroar.com.au/2021/05/22/are-tigers-fans-precious-about-marvel-stadium/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Marvel Stadium: Did Dimma curse the Tigers? (Foxsports)
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2023, 05:08:57 AM »
DID DIMMA CURSE THE TIGERS?

The Curse of the Bambino. The Madden Cover Curse.

Can we add The Dimma Dome Curse to those ranks?

Almost two years ago Richmond was not happy with playing a home game at Marvel Stadium instead of the MCG, forced to travel the... *checks map*... three kilometres to the other side of Melbourne’s CBD.

Tigers CEO Brendon Gale said the move made “no sense” while, after the game - which drew 18,798 fans to the domed venue - Hardwick went even further.

“Mate, I hate coming here. I probably shouldn’t say that. The MCG has got soul, it’s got Richmond people there. Our people don’t come here. Plain and simple,” Hardwick said.

“I’d love them to come, but the fact of the matter is I can’t drive them all here.”

By “I probably shouldn’t say that” he meant in terms of the optics and the AFL getting upset with him. But maybe he was right - because maybe he created a curse.

Richmond is winless at Marvel Stadium since those comments, losing five games with a draw (against Fremantle - the Noah Cumberland play-on on the siren game).

And they weren’t exactly losses you would’ve expected either. The Tigers lost to Gold Coast and GWS there in 2021; to St Kilda and North Melbourne there in 2022; and now to Gold Coast again in 2023.

Perhaps this is just about mentality. Hardwick said the Tigers hate going to Marvel, and so they’ve started playing terribly there because the players are conscious of it?

It’s not as if they had a bad record there before the comments; they had won eight of their previous 11 matches at the venue. This is a genuine form drop-off.

The good news for Hardwick is the Tigers play their next four games, and eight of their next 12, at the MCG.

The bad news is they’ve got two Marvel games in a row, against the Bulldogs and Saints, in the final month of the season when they may be playing for a finals spot - if the Tigers can recover and get back in the race, that is.

Whether they’re cursed or not, with one win from the opening seven rounds, the Tigers have plenty of problems.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-news-2023-round-7-talking-points-analysis-reaction-results-wrap-highlights-20th-team-after-tasmania-expansion-richmond-marvel-stadium-curse-tom-de-koning-free-agent/news-story/fd0d59263e41a6e9f565ed5de63fff86

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2023, 05:21:39 AM »
They would have lost at Narrabeen Primary School yesterday.