Author Topic: Changes next week for the Bombers game?  (Read 6732 times)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes next week for the Bombers game?
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2021, 11:33:20 AM »
Each to their own but I just don’t get the logic of bringing Pickett straight back in just like I wouldn’t get the logic if they brought Rioli straight back in.

He looks his best as an inside mid but with our whole midfield brigade back I can’t see him getting any game time there. As an outside player either at half back or wing he just constantly misses targets by both hand and foot.

I think Pickett is a good footballer. Wing/mid. Also a hard man. Would play him.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2021, 04:32:00 PM »
Team Tips: Richmond

No injuries out of Sunday’s win over Adelaide to worry about, thankfully, with Daniel Rioli being the unused medical sub. Instead it’s about squeezing players into the 22, with Shane Edwards joining the team in Sydney and set to be named for Dreamtime in the West. Including Callum Coleman-Jones and Mabior Chol worked a treat against Adelaide, as they ably assisted Toby Nankervis in Tom Lynch’s absence, but is that too tall of a group against the Bombers’ 2017 Richmond-like mosquito fleet? Lynch won’t be back for a little while.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2021-afl-teams-round-12-team-tips-predicted-lineups-games-times-squads-injuries-ins-and-outs-news/news-story/af7e7852d7289fec9914d834fda4ebb8

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2021, 04:34:03 PM »
Tom Browne on Ch 7 arvo news just said Edwards didn't train with the main group today. So there's a question whether Sheds is over that ankle injury.

Browne also added that Edwards drove up to Sydney from Melbourne.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2021, 05:48:22 PM »
Each to their own but I just don’t get the logic of bringing Pickett straight back in just like I wouldn’t get the logic if they brought Rioli straight back in.

He looks his best as an inside mid but with our whole midfield brigade back I can’t see him getting any game time there. As an outside player either at half back or wing he just constantly misses targets by both hand and foot.

I think Pickett is a good footballer. Wing/mid. Also a hard man. Would play him.

Pickett been in our top 3 players with our stars out injured.For me Caddy goes out.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2021, 06:50:03 PM »
In the Mix: Round 11

Sarah Black
afl.com.au
1 June 2021

RICHMOND

Shane Edwards is in line to play his first game in around a month after recuperating from an ankle injury, while at this stage it is unclear if David Astbury will be available after he was a late withdrawal from the round 11 squad with Achilles soreness. Marlion Pickett is also free to play after serving his one-match ban for striking, but inclusion Josh Caddy played well enough to hold his spot. Someone will be very unlucky to make way for Edwards: Jason Castagna was quiet in front of goal but recorded 22 pressure acts, while youngster Hugo Ralphsmith kicked two majors from his seven touches.

Verdict: A very unfortunate Ralphsmith for Edwards.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/624434/in-the-mix-r12-who-s-pushing-for-selection-who-s-under-the-pump-

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2021, 07:06:41 PM »
Tom Browne on Ch 7 arvo news just said Edwards didn't train with the main group today. So there's a question whether Sheds is over that ankle injury.

Browne also added that Edwards drove up to Sydney from Melbourne.
Tom Browne now added that Edwards is being isolated from the rest of the team as he's been tested since driving up and is awaiting the test result. The Club is still optimistic Sheds will be able to fly to Perth and play this week.

Watch here: https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1399650209462833163

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2021, 07:16:56 PM »
HTF does it take this long to get a COVID result?  Stuffen Geesook and Brisbane would have them back in 30mins

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2021, 07:31:03 PM »

Pickett been in our top 3 players with our stars out injured.For me Caddy goes out.

Very strongly disagree. Had a couple of good games but even in those ones you’re getting a mixed bag.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2021, 07:32:19 PM »
In: Edwards, Stack, Miller

Out: Hugo, castagna, someone (lol)

Nank out with PCL issue from first min of last weeks game so for me:

In: edwards (assuming he’s cleared), stack, Miller

Out: Hugo, Castagna, Nank (inj.)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2021, 09:08:38 PM »
What I think will happen.

In: Edwards, Pickett, Rioli

Out: Nank (inj), Ralphsmith, Castagna.

Ralphsmith to be the sub.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2021, 11:22:21 PM »
stuffing joke if Rioli comes straight back in just for "optics"....shades of Tambling & JON at the post match presser... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2021, 11:45:53 PM »
Cotchin playing.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2021, 01:35:51 PM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2021, 02:00:19 PM »

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2021, 02:08:39 PM »
The club has made a statement basically saying to the media mind your business.  He is monitoring the situation but at this stage is still in Sydney with the team.