Author Topic: Hardwick's post-match presser / We can have another crack in 2022: Dimma  (Read 1755 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Ch7 just showed some of Dimma's post-match presser:

* Slight mathematical chance [to still play finals] but the side we played tonight's first half was up there with the best we've played this year. Hate to play them in the finals as they're playing some terrific footy. Good midfield, good forward line, good backline. I wouldn't be underestimating them in September if I was any of the other sides.

* 4 members of our back 7 have changed since we were 7-5. Happy with our half-backs. Numbers (stats) don't look too different but with such a young defence you get hit more on the scoreboard. Youngsters need to learn more craft.

* There's a lot of factors why we're not playing our best footy:
   - Young back six.
   - Clearances.
   - Connection inside F50.
All things we believe we can fix.

* Lost 4 games by 10 pts or less. Flip those and things change.

* Fact is all up we haven't been good enough and there's better sides playing finals.

* Pressure gauge was good. Just played a really good side. We had crack early doors but some things didn't go our way.
   They're a good side.

* When we have a good preseason we'll be a lot better. Been up for four years and last year finished later. This year has been as hard as ever. We'll refresh and regenerate. Bring in new talent. Believe we're in a good place to challenge again.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 12:20:37 AM by one-eyed »

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Hardwick's post-match presser
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2021, 11:38:28 PM »
Ch7 just showed some of Dimma's post-match presser:
t the side we played tonight's first half was up there with the best we've played this year. Hate to play them in the finals as they're playing some terrific footy. Good midfield, good forward line, good backline. I wouldn't be underestimating them in September if I was any of the other sides.

*  Just played a really good side.
   They're a good side.

Presser is going to be a barrel of laughs tonight

Oh look they're a bloody good side.... :tvhappy

:shh

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2021, 11:41:40 PM »
Oh and Dimma...Geelong finished the same time as us last year and have finished later every year bar one since 2007...how they travelling? :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2021, 11:42:09 PM »
^^^^^

:clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2021, 11:59:46 PM »
Oh and Dimma...Geelong finished the same time as us last year and have finished later every year bar one since 2007...how they travelling? :shh

Do you think the Cats will win the flag?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Full presser here: https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/999796/round-22-hardwick-post-match

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can the Tigers mount another title tilt in 2022? Dimma has his say

Damien Hardwick says Richmond can bounce back to its dominating best

By Callum Twomey
afl.com.au
14 August 2021

RICHMOND coach Damien Hardwick believes the Tigers can extend their era of dominance next year despite being all but out of the running of this year's finals series.

The Tigers dropped at least a win outside of the top eight with their 39-point loss to Greater Western Sydney on Friday night and require West Coast to lose its remaining two games, as well as a number of other results to fall their way, if they are to make the finals this season.

It comes after a rich period in the club's history that has seen them net the 2017, 2019-20 premierships and reach the preliminary final in 2018, but Hardwick said the Tigers could regroup if they miss the top eight this year and challenge again in 2022.

"I'd hope so. The situation is for us if we have a good pre-season I think we'll be a hell of a lot better. It's been a tough road, three of the last four years being long and deep into September and then to have the last year that we've had," he said after the defeat to the Giants.

"I'm not going to lie, this year's been as hard as it's ever been and whoever wins it this year is going to have an enormous tick beside their club.

"If our guys do refresh, regenerate a couple of things, get some young talent in and invest in the talent we've already got, I think we'll be reasonably placed to have another crack."

Richmond has won just two of its past nine games in a second half of the season slump, with its list hit by injuries to key players across all parts of the ground including a season-ending kidney injury to matchwinner Dustin Martin.

Hardwick identified the NAB AFL Draft as the club's likely off-season focus and said there was no issue with the team's hunger, with a longer pre-season period without a finals series a possible silver lining of not making the top eight.

"We haven't had a lot of luck on the injury front this year," Hardwick said.

"The seasons are tough but they're tough on every club and some clubs handle it better than others and we probably haven't done as well as we'd have liked this year for a variety of reasons. But I've got no doubt we'll bounce back."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/663402/can-the-tigers-mount-another-title-tilt-in-2022-dimma-has-his-say

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2021, 12:16:12 AM »

Do you think the Cats will win the flag?

Good chance...hope not... :shh

There was a stat mentioned about Selwood last week during their match against GWS...since his debut in '07 he's only played in one meaningless game/dead rubber during his career .... :shh :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Dimma is trying to be positive. Its over for this current group.

They are older, slower, and teams have caught up. We are not feared as we once were. That is as clear as day.

Dusty is over 30, and he cant carry this bunch any longer.

We have had a great run, now its time to regroup and blood Miller and sign up CCJ. Those 2 are very important to our next premiership tilt. Jack has to only be used as the third tall that doesnt play every game.

Miller = Astbury.
Rioli=Houli
CCJ to be numero 2 behind Lynch. Jack last year.

We dont need rubbish like tom mitchell or crouch in this club. Even tahlia turns 30 in October. What he is going to bring?

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Era is done and dusted.  Our senior players are too old and young players are not good enough.

Its why we have dropped off Cerra and going to the draft.  A couple a middle-tier recruits isn't going to fix this.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Era is done and dusted.  Our senior players are too old and young players are not good enough.

Its why we have dropped off Cerra and going to the draft.  A couple a middle-tier recruits isn't going to fix this.
Agree 100%
When Dimma says we can have a crack next year, a crack at what? 10th spot?

We also need to get top notch assistants back

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Hardwick's post-match presser / We can have another crack in 2022: Dimma
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2021, 01:42:31 PM »
Quick Bounce?

Hardwick won support from Jonathan Brown, who shared a similar sentiment post-game.

“We’re not dancing on the grave, but I think they’re a chance to rebound next year,” Brown said.

“I’ve been in a team that just fell off the cliff completely, but that was an old, ageing team that’d been banged up. You look at the players they’ve got to come back in next year, I think with a healthy pre-season, they can regroup and certainly be a contender next year.”

Source: Foxsports

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Hardwick's post-match presser / We can have another crack in 2022: Dimma
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2021, 11:33:30 PM »
Positive: Time for a rest

The season is now basically done for the three-time premiers.

Missing finals is certainly not what any team yearns for, but if looking at positives that situation will now provide the club with a much needed break.

After going deep in each of the last four seasons and dealing with shorter pre-seasons, the core of the Richmond group looks fatigued.

The playing list will now get the chance to revitalise and Damien Hardwick now has a big task in tinkering with the game plan that was picked apart throughout 2021.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/08/16/one-positive-and-one-negative-from-your-clubs-round-22-performance/