Author Topic: Ranking top 10 number 2 draft picks since 2000 / Cotchin 4th best (zerohanger)  (Read 918 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Ranking top 10 number 2 draft picks since 2000

Will Guthrie
zerohanger.com
November 6, 2021

1. Jarryd Roughead
2. Christian Petracca
3. Nic Naitanui

4. Trent Cotchin

Perhaps stiff to be this low on the list, Cotchin has perhaps the most impressive CV on this list. A fantastic leader at Tigerland, he has been exceptional for years, leading the club through their most successful era.

A triple premiership Captain, 2012 Brownlow Medal winner, All-Australian in 2012 and triple Best & Fairest winner (2011, 2012 & 2014), Cotchin has done it all. Off the field, he has been instrumental in developing the winning culture currently in place at the Tigers.

With all of that said, if you were drafting for impact or game-changing x-factor, he would slide below the top 3. That's not meant as disrespect for a man who has achieved everything and carried himself with aplomb throughout his career.

5. Luke Ball
6. Daniel Wells
7. Dale Thomas
8. Josh Kelly
9. Tim Taranto
10. Justin Koschitzke

Missed out: Stephen Coniglio, Andrew Brayshaw, Andrew Walker

https://www.zerohanger.com/ranking-top-10-number-2-draft-pick-since-2000-afl-93788/

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Because petracca is a 3x premiership captain….

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Because petracca is a 3x premiership captain….

Don't forget his brownlow
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Pffft. I'd have Cotchin at the top. I think they easily forget his 2012 form. Jet is an understatement.

As good a leader as Rough. As good a mid as Petracca. NicNat should be below all 3.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
“Has the most impressive CV on the list”……..yeah let’s rank him 4th

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Of all those 4 he has had the most impact on their respective clubs and it's intangibles. Definitely number 1 for me. If you were competing against Hodge or Judd I would have to stop and think but he is lightyears ahead of those others on the leadership scale.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
This is just opinion, we all know the truth.