Author Topic: Josh Gibcus [merged]  (Read 45427 times)

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Josh Gibcus [merged]
« Reply #225 on: January 17, 2023, 12:41:13 AM »
Ffs.

Not concerned about 2023 necessarily, just don't want him to have to go through a Dylan Grimes first five years.

I feel you, although Grimes has had a gun career after that. I thought he was never going to get on the park for a while there.

If our other talls stay fit we are well placed to cover him with all of Grimes, Balta, Tarrant etc. Biggie backup. Don't need to rush the kid back and he can recover properly.
Agreed. Luckily it's not 1997-2010 and we aren't expecting a kid to save us. Get his body right. We already know he's a gem.

Agree with this. Very disappointing for the kid as by all accounts he did all the right things during the off season and came back in ripping shape in the pre-season. Hopefully with the new head physio we have we can get him right and not see a repeat injury once he does come back. Only silver lining team wise is that it’s an area we have a bit of cover in.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #226 on: January 19, 2023, 09:50:08 AM »
Won't be back in time for round one unfortunately. Didn't grab the link so I'll just palm it off as inside info but it's also on the RFC website  ;D
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #227 on: January 19, 2023, 11:17:09 AM »
Richmond young gun Josh Gibcus will miss the start of the season after being booked in for surgery on a hamstring tendon injury he suffered at training on Monday.

Gibcus will go under the knife on Thursday, ruling the defender out of the early rounds of the 2023 season.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/872767/tigers-blow-as-young-gun-booked-in-for-surgery

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #228 on: January 19, 2023, 10:40:22 PM »
Bloody hell what a shame.Balta now needs to pull his finger out and stop living on the old potential tag.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #229 on: August 01, 2023, 05:48:58 PM »
Richmond youngster Josh Gibcus has been ruled out for the remainder of the 2023 AFL season.

The 20-year-old had been ramping up his training loads in his recovery before experiencing further hamstring discomfort at training last week.

Richmond General Manager Football Performance Tim Livingstone said that Gibcus’ long-term future had been the priority throughout the rehabilitation process.

“We have decided to rule Josh out for the season and allow him and our medical staff to turn our focus towards next year and beyond,” he said.

“It has been a frustrating year for Josh, and his recovery has had its challenges, but we have been pleased with his attitude and efforts to recover throughout the year.

“Unfortunately, he will not play any football this year, but we view him as a long-term player for us that will grow from this experience.”

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1392948/gibcus-ruled-out-for-the-season

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #230 on: August 01, 2023, 06:12:37 PM »
Well this is sure to go down well lol

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #231 on: August 01, 2023, 06:59:22 PM »
Good move IMHO. Looking forward to next year.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #232 on: August 01, 2023, 07:07:24 PM »
Good move IMHO. Looking forward to next year.

Keeping up appearances
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #233 on: August 01, 2023, 07:30:24 PM »
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #234 on: August 01, 2023, 07:53:05 PM »
You can say what you want how does a bad hamstring keep player out for the year even if it was off the bone at his young age how many relapses has he had on the hammy ?.To many excuses for our fitness and conditioning department utter garbage.

Offline Gigantor

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #235 on: August 01, 2023, 08:03:59 PM »
I’d imagine recovery isn’t assisted when theres post surgery infection

Offline FooffooValve

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #236 on: August 01, 2023, 08:04:42 PM »
Similar injury to the one that Grimes had early in his career - Dylan lost about 50 games from the hammy tendon and related problems in the first 5 years of his career. Though Grimes didn't have the post-op infection that Gibcus had. Don't mind them being ultra conservative with Gibcus, as much as we'd like to see him out there.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
The club that keeps giving.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #239 on: August 02, 2023, 06:16:26 PM »
Surprised they did not call it earlier given the difficulties he has had recovering. A real shame for him.