Author Topic: Tom Brown [merged]  (Read 20184 times)

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tom Brown [merged]
« Reply #135 on: June 01, 2024, 10:48:46 PM »
Looked exhausted , like most of the kids , need another pew season by the looks of it

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #136 on: June 07, 2024, 01:19:00 PM »
The young Tiger that caught David King’s eye most was 20-year-old Tom Brown who had 16 disposals at 87 per cent efficiency to go with 11 intercepts.

The former No.17 draft pick stands out most for his beautiful kicking style and ability to find a target, and King expects Brown to develop into an absolute star with the more opportunities he gets.

“They’ve got a ripper in Tom Brown,” King said on SEN Breakfast.

“He's going to be a beauty, the son of (former Geelong player) Paul Brown. He had 11 intercepts for the night.

“He's got class, he's got poise, he actually makes the right decision every time.

“I know he's a beautiful kick and everyone talks about his actual kicking efficiency and his style.

“But he can kick the ball 50 metres off one or two steps - he’s one of those guys - and he sees things that others don't.

“I think he's going to be an absolute star. What a steal he is at the selection they got him.”

Source: SEN

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #137 on: June 07, 2024, 06:39:08 PM »
Thought his kicking was dreadful in the first half- asked at the time -is it a myth like Shortsteps but he proved me wrong in the second...Goulden-like, hell even Darren Jarman would've been proud....still has things to work on though,...disagree that he always makes the right decisions .....doesn't always go when it's his turn and can get himself into a bit of a panicky tangle when the opposition closes in on him.... :shh
« Last Edit: June 07, 2024, 06:54:48 PM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #138 on: June 07, 2024, 07:08:31 PM »
He has style, he has flair, he was there! 
That's how he became the Brownnny ....      :cheers
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #139 on: June 07, 2024, 08:50:44 PM »
Thought his kicking was dreadful in the first half- asked at the time -is it a myth like Shortsteps but he proved me wrong in the second...Goulden-like, hell even Darren Jarman would've been proud....still has things to work on though,...disagree that he always makes the right decisions .....doesn't always go when it's his turn and can get himself into a bit of a panicky tangle when the opposition closes in on him.... :shh

Great summation

Agree on all points
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #140 on: June 08, 2024, 03:06:19 AM »
Seems like the media have latched on to him being a beautiful kick. Seems like every time he touches it, it gets mentioned lol

There was 1 effort in the third where the ball was turned over and he didn’t run back anywhere near hard enough. Will give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he was gassed. If it wasn’t for the 9 day break followed by the bye I’d consider managing him against the hawks but he should be good to go.

Still excited by him, looks like he could be a top player.