Author Topic: Tom Brown [merged]  (Read 20219 times)

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Pick 17: Tom Brown
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2021, 06:58:00 PM »
I had a look theres not that many maybe 3 or 4 and if we finish towards the top we may not get a chance to get one unless we trade players for an early pick.

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2021, 08:32:53 PM »
Red flags go up when they rate him a outside player.
Bad feeling about this but I have to trust the panel on this one.

Further research on Tom suggests that my bad feeling was unfounded and the fact that some pundits saw him as an outside player didn't mean he didn't have an inside game.

Sorry Tom for my scepticism. You will have my support for the next 200 plus games you play for Richmond.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2021, 02:41:04 PM »
Former Geelong player Paul Brown knew for several years his eldest son possessed considerable football ability, but it’s only been in more recent times that Tom Brown has acquired the necessary self-belief to flourish on-field.

The talented teenager thrived for NAB League team Murray Bushrangers, initially as a half-forward and then as a half-back, attracting the attention of a host of AFL recruiters along the way.

Brown senior explained his son’s football transformation since being moved to a half-back flank.

“I coached Tom early on and in primary school he was that perfect ruckman, a kick behind play. If he plonked himself there, he was going to mark it and I would say I need you to win the game, not stop the other team,” he said.

“Only this year, Mark Brown, who coaches him at the ‘Bushies’, said, ‘Where do you think Tom’s best position is’ and I said, ‘It’s about time you guys asked. It’s half-back’.

“For the handful of games they played him there, they could see he could read the play, was a good kick, and was quick off the mark.

“He’s taking the game on a bit, which he didn’t do as a kid.”

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1036231/young-tiger-tom-finds-his-niche

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2022, 12:56:40 PM »
Hopefully I don't mozz him, but out of our new draftees it wouldn't surprise me if Brown ends up playing the most games this year (barring injury of course). Just has natural footy smarts based on the training sessions I've watched so far.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2022, 12:23:27 PM »
pick 17 a hbf where do people see him playing and where does that leave the likes of rioli and Short.Theres also pick 29 in Banks another hbf.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2022, 03:24:42 AM »
Dimma seems to rate Brown. Said if Browny hadn't had a covid issue which meant he missed the intra-club then he wouldn't be far behind Gibcus. Played the Geelong game and the VFL game on the weekend which he played really well in.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2022, 11:12:36 AM »
Another i would not hesitate to throw in the deep end. It won't happen because dimma's favorite son Rioli will be gifted more games at hb.

There is always a price playing favorites in others positions. The others don't get games and the experience that goes with that.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2022, 02:03:30 PM »
If Rioli plays like he did in the latter half of 2021 I have no issue with him holding down a HBF spot

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2022, 03:05:41 PM »
Claw knows better than the football department on every single issue.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2022, 06:27:41 PM »

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2023, 01:05:46 AM »
Has he shot up in height?

Draft profile says 186cm whereas Richmond FC site is now listing him at 193cm. If that’s accurate, I’d be even more bullish on him, could become a hybrid defender capable of playing on forwards of all size. For comparison Balta is listed at 194cm, Grimes 193cm, Broad 192cm, Vlas 187cm.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2023, 01:13:44 AM »
Has he shot up in height?

Draft profile says 186cm whereas Richmond FC site is now listing him at 193cm. If that’s accurate, I’d be even more bullish on him, could become a hybrid defender capable of playing on forwards of all size. For comparison Balta is listed at 194cm, Grimes 193cm, Broad 192cm, Vlas 187cm.

The footy app I use has him listed as 193/81 and it seems to get updated from time to time.

Cotchin down to 183cm though which is odd lol.

They've also listed Balta as 194/105 which is even more weight gain. He was 102 at the start of the year + last year and 100 in 2021

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tom Brown to make his debut this week (RFC)
« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2023, 02:52:39 PM »
As posted by Willy in the team thread:

----------------

Tom Brown will debut for the Club in the final-round clash.

Brown was selected by Richmond with pick No. 17 in the 2021 NAB AFL Draft from the Murray Bushrangers.

The 193cm defender missed the first half of this year with a persistent wrist injury, but has been staking his claim for a 2023 debut after building excellent form in the VFL.

In his 10 outings through the remaining half of the VFL season, the 20-year-old has averaged 19 disposals per game, his decision-making and contest work, both in the air and at ground level, key features of his game.

Tigers' VFL coach Steve Morris said Brown was ready for his opportunity on the big stage after an 18-disposal, six-mark performance against North Melbourne last weekend.

"He used the ball brilliantly throughout the game," Morris said.

"His decision-making and ball use is at a high level at AFL standard, and when he's playing at VFL level it really stands out."

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1414728/two-to-debut-in-final-round

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tom Brown to make his debut this week [merged]
« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2023, 04:34:09 PM »
He's our grimes replacement. Glad he's getting a go, hope he performs well.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Tom Brown to make his debut this week [merged]
« Reply #74 on: August 25, 2023, 05:19:34 PM »
Browny calling his parents Tom and Angela (calls them by their first names):

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/1414906/brown-calls-his-parents