Author Topic: Yze's post-game presser  (Read 148 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Yze's post-game presser
« on: April 08, 2024, 07:56:40 AM »
Ooze's post-game presser:

WATCH: https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/1525404/round-4-yze-post-match

------------------------------------

It was yet another honourable defeat for Adem Yze's Tigers, who aside from an Opening Round thumping at the hands of Gold Coast, have battled hard this year, the gap in class exposed.

"I can't doubt our effort and our attitude with our players, they try hard every game we've been in and it was just execution," Yze said.

"The difference with the polish, I think in the third (quarter) when they had momentum and they kicked 6.6. When we had momentum in the last, we kicked 2.3.

"That's going to happen. We've got some young players, we've got a lot of young players getting an opportunity because of the injuries we've got. As I said, the effort and attitude of our players is strong throughout the game, but it was just the polish in the end."

The Tigers were missing both key forwards in Tom Lynch (hamstring) and Noah Balta (MCL), and are set to be without the pair for at least the next month, when the latter is due to return.

Recruit Jacob Koschitzke was recalled to the side as the primary target in attack – supported by third-gamer Mykelti Lefau – kicking one goal from nine disposals, and also recording 10 hitouts.

"He's worked really hard to get back into the side. There would have been a debate around him coming in, even if Lynch and Balta were fit. He deserved his opportunity, good to see players get around him, good to see him compete," Yze said.

"He'll hold his spot, that was really good to see. We've got some young players, like Mykelti Lefau, 'Kozi', (Tyler) Sonsie, we've got a young forward line that are just getting used to playing with each other.

"So today, it's going to be expected that our polish and synergy in our front half is going to take a little bit of time."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1103689/aliens-at-norwood-oval-st-kilda-coach-ross-lyon-explains-remarkable-turnaround-against-richmond-tigers