Author Topic: Pick 40: Kane McAuliffe  (Read 14569 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Pick 40: Kane McAuliffe
« Reply #150 on: April 08, 2024, 10:35:15 AM »
The thing that gets me is how soft the afl is now. Why do we applaud oppo players when they reach a milestone.

Why do we hang around and chat when we have been humiliated on the field. If we can do that then we can reward a young kid on his first game.

What was he hoping to achieve here? Dow was injured in the second quarter had barely touched it (again) yet Yze still managed to stuff up the kids debut.

Yze really stuffed up here and I hope for his sake his injury isn't that bad.

How can you blame Yze for that is he the team doctor or conditioning staff  they make the call and the player.

who is blaming him for that? What i said was why did dow come back on, what did it achieve? he was playing rubbish prior to that mishap and would have been the perfect time to deploy Kane

Dont tell me Yze didnt have the final say in subbing dow off for Kane. It was a rubbish call for the kids debut who to be honest played better in 7 mins that dow did for the 3 quarters.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #151 on: April 08, 2024, 12:06:26 PM »
I really feel the same about his sub.

Even called it before the game. Quite disgusted really. The kid's whole family is there and thrilled for him to get a maximum of what 35min on the field? Then he rolled an ankle or something so he got about 15-20min of game time. Disgraceful.

I believe Dimma did it also, just can't remember who the player is, but I am pretty sure it's happened before.

Yep, I'm sure dimma did it last season or in 2022 but for the life of me cannot remember who it was
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #152 on: April 08, 2024, 12:16:32 PM »

Even called it before the game. Quite disgusted really. The kid's whole family is there and thrilled for him to get a maximum of what 35min on the field? Then he rolled an ankle or something so he got about 15-20min of game time. Disgraceful.

I believe Dimma did it also, just can't remember who the player is, but I am pretty sure it's happened before.

Yep, I'm sure dimma did it last season or in 2022 but for the life of me cannot remember who it was

I think it was Cumberland.

Didn't take the field in his debut.

Online JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #153 on: April 08, 2024, 12:31:17 PM »

Marlion Pickett debuted as sub in a grand final no less.  This year we had Lefau lined up to debut as sub until MJR went down in the warm up. 
I don't really mind kids debuting as sub, it gives them a chance to come off the bench to play a quarter or so.  Its a graduated introduction, which I think works ok.  Its slightly risky (ask Mykelti about that), even a first quarter injury can expose your sub.   
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #154 on: April 08, 2024, 01:21:41 PM »

Marlion Pickett debuted as sub in a grand final no less.  This year we had Lefau lined up to debut as sub until MJR went down in the warm up. 
I don't really mind kids debuting as sub, it gives them a chance to come off the bench to play a quarter or so.  Its a graduated introduction, which I think works ok.  Its slightly risky (ask Mykelti about that), even a first quarter injury can expose your sub.   

Pickett wasn't sub was he? I don't remember that...

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #155 on: April 08, 2024, 01:48:24 PM »

Pickett wasn't sub was he? I don't remember that...

There was no subs in 2019

Pickett started and played the entire game
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #156 on: April 08, 2024, 01:58:19 PM »

Correct.  Round 11 2022. Terrible debut experience.  He then didn't play until round 17 on the Gold Coast.  Played every game from there and kicked 19 goals in 8 games.