Author Topic: 2026 Commonwealth Games in Victoria  (Read 9415 times)

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: 2026 Commonwealth Games in Victoria
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2024, 09:15:09 PM »
SRL is a major piece of infrastructure dreamed up by the Labour government to win votes. Will cost upwards of $200BN but won’t be built completely because it will never be financed.

How do I know?
The infrastructure department set up by the government to assess and advise on these exact types of projects found out … in the news that it was happening!

They were then hurriedly summoned to provide an evaluation and (based on a $50BN cost) and then the operating annual service cost to maintain calculated that the average trip would cost them up to $1m to service !!!

Once anyone asked to contribute to this project sees the official independent cost models, it will literally be laughed out of the room.

Those who wrote scripts for Yes Minister and Utopia wouldn’t allow the story on the show because it’s too implausible!!!!
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: 2026 Commonwealth Games in Victoria
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2024, 09:35:19 AM »
SRL is a major piece of infrastructure dreamed up by the Labour government to win votes. Will cost upwards of $200BN but won’t be built completely because it will never be financed.

How do I know?
The infrastructure department set up by the government to assess and advise on these exact types of projects found out … in the news that it was happening!

They were then hurriedly summoned to provide an evaluation and (based on a $50BN cost) and then the operating annual service cost to maintain calculated that the average trip would cost them up to $1m to service !!!

Once anyone asked to contribute to this project sees the official independent cost models, it will literally be laughed out of the room.

Those who wrote scripts for Yes Minister and Utopia wouldn’t allow the story on the show because it’s too implausible!!!!

HRT if any of this has come from another source can you please include a link
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)