Author Topic: Time to isolate Lynch as a tall (not Covid related)  (Read 2680 times)

Offline RichmondMan

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
Time to isolate Lynch as a tall (not Covid related)
« on: March 24, 2022, 09:46:52 AM »
Lynch needs to be isolated on the forward line with pressure forwards around him. Let's revisit 2017.
He is our main asset, lets get the most out of him.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Time to isolate Lynch as a tall (not Covid related)
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2022, 07:37:46 PM »
Unfortunately at times Lynch is being left too isolated and outnumbered where he doesn't have a small forward or three front and centre at his feet. I think sometimes Lynch gives away a free because he knows if he doesn't mark it the opposition will clear it out of our D50 because our smalls are too far up the ground and not in position for him to just bring the ball to ground. No surprise we only now have one tackle in our F50. The problem is our small forwards lack of workrate getting up the ground and then back to be positioned correctly when we enter F50. That's not Lynch's fault. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2022, 08:21:39 AM »
Unfortunately at times Lynch is being left too isolated and outnumbered where he doesn't have a small forward or three front and centre at his feet. I think sometimes Lynch gives away a free because he knows if he doesn't mark it the opposition will clear it out of our D50 because our smalls are too far up the ground and not in position for him to just bring the ball to ground. No surprise we only now have one tackle in our F50. The problem is our small forwards lack of workrate getting up the ground and then back to be positioned correctly when we enter F50. That's not Lynch's fault.

This is absolutely bang on MT
Go Tigers!

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2022, 09:10:31 AM »

To be honest mate his been poorly handled by our coaches last 2 seasons for me I just don't think we're allowing him to play his way and yo his strengths.

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2022, 03:36:13 PM »
He needs to stop playing behind and trying to wrestle, gives away far too many free kicks.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2022, 11:35:41 PM »

To be honest mate his been poorly handled by our coaches last 2 seasons for me I just don't think we're allowing him to play his way and yo his strengths.
It doesn't help either that we are a poor clearance team so we can't generate an open F50 (eg: via the 6-6-6 rule) to give Lynch a 1-on-1 contest in space. We're often stuck trying to attack from the back half with oppositions now flooding back because of the idiotic Stand rule.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2022, 03:44:17 PM »
Noah is showing Lynch how to present and mark the footy.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2022, 06:17:08 PM »
I actually thought Lynch was very good today. Should have kicked one more but did some good 1% today. Was key.
Go Tigers!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2022, 09:07:19 PM »
Thought he was excellent today.

His 2nd and third efforts were great

His goal assists on the third absolutely crucial
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2022, 09:09:10 PM »
Thought he was excellent today.

His 2nd and third efforts were great

His goal assists on the third absolutely crucial

:clapping

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2022, 09:09:18 PM »
Loved that bump too.

Played a good game and Balta gave him the backup that he needs.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2022, 07:42:04 AM »
Lynch was never the problem. It was our midfield. No surprise our midfield gets its act together and Lynch stars.

Not just their individual games which were fantastic but it was pleasing to see Lynch and Balta not get in each other's way and fly for the same ball. They worked well together to spread the Giants' defenders.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2022, 08:03:35 AM »
Lynch was never the problem. It was our midfield. No surprise our midfield gets its act together and Lynch stars.

Not just their individual games which were fantastic but it was pleasing to see Lynch and Balta not get in each other's way and fly for the same ball. They worked well together to spread the Giants' defenders.
Yep, Jack tends to get in the way and not spread, IMVHO

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2022, 08:15:19 AM »
He was good yesterday. Was on his bike more and looked threatening. 

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2022, 09:00:42 AM »
I love Jack , but him and Balta looked more dangerous and worked well.