Author Topic: Richmond vs St Kilda @ Marvel --- Round 3, 2022  (Read 9884 times)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Richmond vs St Kilda @ Marvel --- Round 3, 2022
« Reply #135 on: April 03, 2022, 08:48:00 PM »
You must also question list management allowing Butler & Higgins to go when you keep Aarts & Castagna.  Yes George has 3 flag's but the other 2 are clearly better footballers

They’re both poo!
WHich would make Castagna shiter.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #136 on: April 03, 2022, 08:56:52 PM »
AFL's Tigers wary of Saints' talls trio

Anna Harrington
Victor Harbour Times
2 April 2022

Richmond will take on the daunting task of facing St Kilda's three dynamic talls, Paddy Ryder, Rowan Marshall and Jack Hayes, with a view to exploiting them.

The Saints opted to keep both Marshall and Hayes in their 22 alongside the returning Ryder for Sunday's AFL clash at Marvel Stadium.

Former SANFL star Hayes, 25, has proved a revelation since signing in the supplemental selection period, with Richmond coach Damien Hardwick wary of all three St Kilda talls but hinting at a counter.

"Everything's exploitable, it depends on the way the game pans out," Hardwick said.

"St Kilda play a certain style of game but Paddy Ryder's such an important player to the way they play. I think they play their best footy when he's in the side, and they've certainly found one in Hayes also.

"... What I do know is all those players are very, very capable.

"Marshall's one of the best young ruckmen going around and Ryder, although experienced, has certainly got a spring in his step as well when he's playing his best footy.

"How they line up I'm not too sure but I certainly know we'll have our hands full at various stages."

https://www.victorharbortimes.com.au/story/7683826/afls-tigers-wary-of-saints-talls-trio/?cs=13172

I chuckle at these articles.

They played King and Hayes as genuine key forwards they played Marshall and Ryder as ruckmen its exactly what we are currently doing they play Membrey as well who is just 188cm and a mobile medium. Imo their ruckmen Ryder and in Particular Marshall are better fwds than Nank and Soldo.

When Riewoldt comes back we will be similar to  their set up. Two big tall fwds, a tall fwd  and two big ruckmen. Lynch Balta our equivalent of King Hayes and JR our Membrey.

Keep saying it this what most teams are now doing.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #137 on: April 03, 2022, 09:00:57 PM »
Miller shouldn't have been dropped get games into him.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #138 on: April 03, 2022, 09:04:18 PM »
Mason Wood playing like bloody Bob Skilton today.
Not a lot to beat hes played against McIntosh.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #139 on: April 03, 2022, 09:07:42 PM »
And Aarts cant make the distance from 40
We look so slow, were not fit enough
Rob Inness has been a major loss since the end of 2022.

Grimes clearly not right and out now for a month
 Our season is in big trouble.
Questions need to be asked about our conditioning or lack of it.

Didnt we just have our longest and best preseason since 2017? don't think fitness is the problem.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #140 on: April 03, 2022, 09:12:22 PM »
Time to retire now Cotchin you clearly don't have the workrate anymore. Cooked...
he's not at the top of the list of worries. He's one man. Plenty out there who are just not up to it, at least Chimp still adds value at times

Definitely his last year but move him out of the middle.  Half back to finish the year
No no noooooo, we have kids screaming out for a gig and they are h/b's defenders mostly. Stack Brown ring any bells.
we were never going to win a flag this year we need the club to acknowledge this and start prioritising kids over oldies.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #141 on: April 03, 2022, 09:14:37 PM »

Ah a man after me own heart. 198CM 98KG quick KPD  now i wonder which one of StKildas talls he could matched up on. Not as if they played midgets in this game.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #142 on: April 03, 2022, 09:24:28 PM »

Ah a man after me own heart. 198CM 98KG quick KPD  now i wonder which one of StKildas talls he could matched up on. Not as if they played midgets in this game.

Miller isnt treated fairly at our club. Hes a young man with lots of athletic ability who in 2 games had probably made 2 mistakes in contests only. He has to play so he can learn the caper.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #143 on: April 03, 2022, 10:20:50 PM »

Miller isnt treated fairly at our club. Hes a young man with lots of athletic ability who in 2 games had probably made 2 mistakes in contests only. He has to play so he can learn the caper.

It means someone tall has to come out of the back half, for me the logical one would be Broad to a wing allowing both Gibcus and Miller to get a game. The other one we should be looking at is Mansell and that also means a small/med has to be dropped or moved.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #144 on: April 04, 2022, 12:47:34 AM »
Needed to slow it down when Saints started coming back but we kept going at a million miles an hour...dumb football... :banghead
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #145 on: April 04, 2022, 09:34:58 PM »
Coaches votes (Hardwick & Ratten)

St Kilda v Richmond

9 Brad Crouch (STK)
8 Max King (STK)
7 Nathan Broad (RICH)
4 Jack Steele (STK)
2 Jade Gresham (STK)

https://www.afl.com.au/news/735384/coaches-votes-r3-superstar-blue-moves-clear-no-10-for-king

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #146 on: April 04, 2022, 11:41:33 PM »
Disappointing to see our rucks only take one mark each.
How is this possible that our big men can’t take grabs all over the ground especially forward?

As I’ve said previously also disappointing with Balta and Lynch too although Lynch did have 4 marks but I reckon he dropped about an extra 6 he should have taken.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #147 on: April 07, 2022, 02:06:58 AM »
10. RICHMOND (1-2, 92.4%)

Last week’s ranking: 8

We weren’t floored by Sunday’s loss - we tipped St Kilda once we knew Paddy Ryder was back - but is helping cement our view that we expected too much from Richmond coming into this year. Dion Prestia’s return and some other personnel tweaks may help rebuild their midfield, but it’s hard to see the Tigers overcoming all of their problems enough to challenge for the top four right now. Finals contender? Absolutely - they’ve got the veteran nous and enough talent to finish above 2-1 sides like the Hawks, Saints and Dockers. But finishing much higher than, say, sixth (unless something changes) seems unlikely.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/six-sides-look-grand-final-worthy-so-far-and-carlton-is-one-of-them-afl-power-rankings/news-story/326745d14892682b3209551c40fc1c2d