Author Topic: List Management: Keep, Trade, Delist  (Read 35703 times)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: List Management: Keep, Trade, Delist
« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2022, 11:18:35 PM »
Hawthorn are an example of how not to do it where Geelong and Sydney on how to do it .
I hope Richmond transition and not dump our older players and give them the respect they have earnt
I’m not sure why people who don’t agree with you are delusional though , is that because people who have different opinions to you should be forced to agree to your thinking.

Nope your not big enough to admit your wrong. There are several lessons to be taken from The Hawks and dumping players is not one of them. No they did not dump players willy nilly how much evidence do you need to acknowledge that.

How the hell you came up with me wanting to dump our older players is mindboggling by the way. Of the oldies im one who has stated Edwards should go and he has but we keep Jack and  Trent going around for one more. Ive been pretty consistent on that.

No one is saying dump our older players besides what we do has nothing to do with the Hawthorn debate we are having.

Somehow you believe Hawthorn just dumped all their older players and it is a fallacy.
Oh and where in this debate about the Hawks have i called you or anyone else delusuional. I suppose when you have nothing its time to fall back crap like that eh.

Transistion or succession planning well glad to see you at least acknowledge we need to do it properly. But succession planning should start well before a player or group of players have to retire ,or we have a dire need to have to hang onto them for too long.

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #91 on: September 08, 2022, 06:50:42 PM »
you really do struggle with anyone who disagrees with you don’t you and to think you have been crapping on about being too old  and playing kids at the expense of a lot our more senior players all year ,which would be a dump to most people.
Now you have turned it around and your basically agreeing with a lot of us to say we should manage our senior players as we transition.

PS:Just because you jump in on a topic after most of have had a say and get the last say doesn’t make you right

Offline skiddymcghee

• Future Richmond star
  • "Be the Ball
« Reply #92 on: September 08, 2022, 06:57:25 PM »
Children, please..........

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #93 on: September 14, 2022, 08:37:57 PM »
My guess.

OUT from our senior list:
Edwards (retired).
Lambert (retired).
Caddy (retired) ............................. [allowed us an extra rookie (Bauer)].
RCD (expecting him to be traded).
Martyn (expect him to be delisted/traded).

Out from our rookie list:
Parker (delisted/retired).
Aarts (delist).

IN onto our senior list:
Taranto (via trade).
Hopper (via trade).
Miller (promotion from rookie list).
Pickett (promotion from rookie list).
Pick 19.
Pick 30.

IN onto our rookie list:
Picks 12 & 30 in the Rookie draft.

If I've got this right then that would leave us with 37 senior listed players and 6 rookies. Leaves us with a spot open to grab someone either via the SPSS in March or via the midseason draft in June next year.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: September 14, 2022, 08:44:33 PM »
MT think you have to allow a position spot for Bauer

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #95 on: September 14, 2022, 09:09:53 PM »
MT think you have to allow a position spot for Bauer
I could be wrong Gracie but doesn't Bauer next year just become classed as a normal rookie no longer tied to a senior spot?

We still have a spot free don't we if we end up with 37 senior list spots plus 6 rookies (5 Cat. A & Mate who is Cat. B)?

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #96 on: September 14, 2022, 10:06:05 PM »
Bauer was drafted onto the rookie list and is contracted on the rookie list for next season.

Miller is rookie listed and contracted until 2024. Don’t see any reason to upgrade him especially with primary list spots so tight if we do manage to land TT and Hop.

Pickett has spent 4 years on the rookie list and has been extended to next season, so he would have to be move to our primary list starting next year.

I doubt atleast one if not both of picks 19 and 30 are involved in the trades.

Does anyone know if we are able to delist and rerookie stack or can that only be done a certain number of times to a player (can’t remember if we’ve done this with him before)?

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #97 on: September 15, 2022, 08:45:23 AM »
Got a feeling Stack is on thin ice might be gone.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #98 on: September 15, 2022, 12:34:30 PM »

For me there is literally nothing to suggest he will make it.

Has talent and played well in 2019. That was a long time ago in footy terms.

Consistently shows up after the break out of shape and takes half the year to get fit for the top level. Not acceptable.

I'd consider a rookie spot if we end up with no draft picks but minimum wage and strict goals to reach.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #99 on: September 15, 2022, 02:02:13 PM »

For me there is literally nothing to suggest he will make it.

Has talent and played well in 2019. That was a long time ago in footy terms.

Consistently shows up after the break out of shape and takes half the year to get fit for the top level. Not acceptable.

I'd consider a rookie spot if we end up with no draft picks but minimum wage and strict goals to reach.

💯 spot on.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #100 on: September 15, 2022, 08:43:38 PM »
Bauer was drafted onto the rookie list and is contracted on the rookie list for next season.

Miller is rookie listed and contracted until 2024. Don’t see any reason to upgrade him especially with primary list spots so tight if we do manage to land TT and Hop.

Pickett has spent 4 years on the rookie list and has been extended to next season, so he would have to be move to our primary list starting next year.

Does anyone know if we are able to delist and rerookie stack or can that only be done a certain number of times to a player (can’t remember if we’ve done this with him before)?
If we keep Miller as a rookie then my post above would have 36 senior listed players and 7 rookies. I think that's allowed.

I don't remember us delisting and re-rookie-ing Stack. Last year, Cumberland & Biggie were delisted and re-rookied. Lucky for us we didn't lose Cumberland to another club for nothing.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/684625/historic-richmond-tiger-among-four-delistings-but-lifelines-are-on-the-way

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #101 on: September 15, 2022, 11:56:04 PM »

If we keep Miller as a rookie then my post above would have 36 senior listed players and 7 rookies. I think that's allowed.

I don't remember us delisting and re-rookie-ing Stack. Last year, Cumberland & Biggie were delisted and re-rookied. Lucky for us we didn't lose Cumberland to another club for nothing.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/684625/historic-richmond-tiger-among-four-delistings-but-lifelines-are-on-the-way

Assuming Aarts, martyn and RCD are delisted or maybe traded in RCD’s case and hopper and Taranto are successfully traded in, we’ll have 34 players on the primary list (including Pickett who must be promoted), 4 cat A rookies (assuming stack is delisted and rerookied) and 1 cat B rookie prior to the draft period. Total list size is capped at 42 (not including cat B rookies), so we’d still have 4 spots open that can be used to add 0-4 on the primary list (max. 38) and 0-2 to the cat A rookie list (max. 6). Could even add a second cat. B rookie (max. 2) as these aren’t counted in the overall list sizes.

We have to make a minimum of 3 list changes via the draft although picketts upgrade would count as one of those. So we only have to pick up a minimum of 1-2 players in the afl and pre-season drafts.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #102 on: September 16, 2022, 06:27:15 AM »

Assuming Aarts, martyn and RCD are delisted or maybe traded in RCD’s case and hopper and Taranto are successfully traded in, we’ll have 34 players on the primary list (including Pickett who must be promoted), 4 cat A rookies (assuming stack is delisted and rerookied) and 1 cat B rookie prior to the draft period. Total list size is capped at 42 (not including cat B rookies), so we’d still have 4 spots open that can be used to add 0-4 on the primary list (max. 38) and 0-2 to the cat A rookie list (max. 6). Could even add a second cat. B rookie (max. 2) as these aren’t counted in the overall list sizes.

We have to make a minimum of 3 list changes via the draft although picketts upgrade would count as one of those. So we only have to pick up a minimum of 1-2 players in the afl and pre-season drafts.
Now I get what you meant, TK. I forgot about the 42 limit for senior players plus Cat. A rookies. I was just going by the 44 total maximum which includes having two Cat. B rookies.

It will see clubs permitted to have a minimum of 37 players and a maximum of 44 players on their books.

Primary lists must have between 36 and 38 players. Category A rookies are capped at 4-6, up to a total of 42 players on a list including primary-listed players. Each club can also have two Category B rookies.

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/837502/afl-confirms-2021-list-sizes

My original 'list' was our list after this year's upcoming drafts which I had us using 2 national draft picks and 2 rookie picks. So if Miller remains a rookie then we would have 36 senior listed players plus 6 Cat. A rookies [so 42 in total] and 1 Cat. B rookie. That would be a full primary list with only one Cat. B spot left open.

So based on all that we can keep a spot open for the SPSS (March) or the MSD (June) by drafting just one more Cat. A rookie; not the two. 

OUT from our senior list: ..................... (Decreases to 31 players)
Edwards (retired).
Lambert (retired).
Caddy (retired).
RCD (expecting him to be traded).
Martyn (expect him to be delisted/traded).

Out from our Category A rookie list: ...... (Decreases to 4 players)
Parker (delisted/retired).
Aarts (delist).
Pickett (promotion to the senior list).

IN onto our senior list: ........................(Increases to 36 players)
Taranto (via trade).
Hopper (via trade).
Pickett (promotion off the rookie list).
Pick 19 (national draft).
Pick 30 (national draft) ..... the actual pick number may change after the trade period.

IN onto our Category A rookie list: ...... (Increases to 5 players)
Pick 12 (rookie draft).

Doing all that would give us 36 senior listed players plus 5 Cat. A rookies [so 41 in total] and 1 Cat. B rookie (Colina).

Hopefully, I've now got this right, TK.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: September 16, 2022, 05:31:16 PM »
Certainly in for an interesting trade and draft period. I think it really depends on how many picks we have left after the trade period which may also dictate what we do with stack and RCD. Is it possible we promote stack to the primary list or extend RCD for another season? Given the talk about other clubs monitoring his situation I really can’t see a situation where he stays but stranger things have happened I guess.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #104 on: September 16, 2022, 05:57:22 PM »
Certainly in for an interesting trade and draft period. I think it really depends on how many picks we have left after the trade period which may also dictate what we do with stack and RCD. Is it possible we promote stack to the primary list or extend RCD for another season? Given the talk about other clubs monitoring his situation I really can’t see a situation where he stays but stranger things have happened I guess.
The other question is what RCD wants to do even if unexpectedly we want to keep him? With Taranto and Hopper coming in, he's going to fall down the pecking order even more. If he couldn't get a game in a struggling midfield lacking depth this year, he's going to struggle even more next year unless there's a sudden massive change and improvement in what he delivers. He may want to leave himself for more opportunity at another club.

I agree Stack will depend on what we do during the trade period. I also have a feeling as a Club we'll back him as long as we feel it's worthwhile to persist.