Author Topic: Richmond vs Hawthorn @ the MCG --- Round 22, 2022  (Read 9227 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond vs Hawthorn @ the MCG --- Round 22, 2022
« on: August 08, 2022, 05:46:23 AM »
AFL Round 22

RICHMOND vs Hawthorn

Sunday, 14th August 2022 @ the M.C.G.

Start time:  1:10 PM

https://www.afl.com.au/afl/matches/3993

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Hawthorn @ the MCG --- Round 22, 2022
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2022, 02:49:15 PM »
I've always thought this year that Hawthorn are a difficult team to play against.  They could have easily notched up a few more Ws.

That being said - if St Kilda could account for them , surely we can too .

Unleash the tornado

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2022, 03:31:52 PM »
And the word this week for Richmond is RESPECT!

Learn from the Suns and North losses where we got burnt by our own hubris, respect our opponent Hawthorn who been competitive in most of their games this year and have won 4 out of their past 5 (granted against bottom 8 sides), and turn up prepared to give a strong 4 quarter effort to win the game.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2022, 05:08:52 PM »
The Tiger Army will have a chance to farewell a host of premiership stars prior to Sunday’s match at the MCG against Hawthorn.

Former premiership stars Kane Lambert, Bachar Houli and Josh Caddy will commence a lap of honour from 12.40pm on Sunday, to acknowledge their outstanding contributions to Richmond.

** Please note, triple-premiership defender David Astbury is currently overseas. He will be acknowledged by the Club in front of Richmond fans at a later date.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1193604/chance-for-tiger-army-to-celebrate-premiership-heroes

Broadsword

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2022, 05:10:50 PM »
Glad they're including Caddy. Dual premiership player and showed the way early in the 17 Grand Final, on which so much was built. Seemed to fall out of favour the last few years, but part of the resurgence.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2022, 05:13:27 PM »
For anyone who lives in or around blackburn and isnt going to the game a few Richmond supporters are usually at the Blackburn Hotel to watch games. We usually congregate just  in a little lounge with a fireplace just beyond the kitchen area. Ill be going there on Saturday anyone else who wants to come most welcome to join us. Its usually a lot of fun but there has been one occassion I was the only one there and it was great just sitting having a beer and eating half decent food at pub prices.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2022, 09:08:54 PM »
For anyone who lives in or around blackburn and isnt going to the game a few Richmond supporters are usually at the Blackburn Hotel to watch games. We usually congregate just  in a little lounge with a fireplace just beyond the kitchen area. Ill be going there on Saturday anyone else who wants to come most welcome to join us. Its usually a lot of fun but there has been one occassion I was the only one there and it was great just sitting having a beer and eating half decent food at pub prices.

You a Richmond family? My (large) family has been in the area for about 60-70 years.

Don't wanna go to the game or is it a bit much?

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2022, 09:10:27 PM »

You will be 24 hours early if you go Saturday

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2022, 11:24:31 AM »
its gonna be a long 24 hours  :rollin

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2022, 06:37:19 PM »

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2022, 07:19:08 PM »
Seriously to anyone not going for whatever reason, if you live out near blackburn come down to the pub.

Broadsword

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2022, 11:45:15 AM »
I reckon we win this by 5 goals.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2022, 03:04:29 PM »
I’m a bit worried that there’s a sense we will make finals. Nothing is guaranteed ! we still need to show a lot more desire.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2022, 03:06:40 PM »

You a Richmond family? My (large) family has been in the area for about 60-70 years.

Don't wanna go to the game or is it a bit much?

I grew up in Stawell Street Richmond just off bridge road opposite cussons soap factory now its an officeworks. Moved to glen waverley now further east. Reason im not going to games is I had a kidney transplant last September and docs dont want any of us out in places like the footy. Covid the flu etc. I go to the blacky because its comfortable, warm you dont have to queue for drinks and you can get a decent size steak, chips and a salad for $25. Whilst I dont go the footy these days I buy my Richmond Membership always. Im on automatic renewal.

Half of us me and all my relos like cousins - are Richmond supporters the other half follow the pies.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2022, 03:49:47 PM »
Richmond v Hawthorn Preview

Nic Negrepontis
SEN
11 August 2022

Richmond and Hawthorn will clash for the second time this year in what looms as a defining game for the Tigers.

Given Carlton and the Bulldogs’ failures in Round 21, Richmond will likely only need one more win to play finals. Locking that away here would save them some stress heading into Round 23.

Meanwhile, Hawthorn has the chance to play spoiler for the Tigers, and then the following week for the Dogs as well.

It was a high scoring affair when they met earlier in the season, with Richmond winning 117-94. Tom Lynch kicked four, while Mitch Lewis and Luke Breust combined for six.

Their 2021 encounter ended in a draw as the Hawks farewelled Shaun Burgoyne.

Hawthorn has been up and down this year, but impressed last weekend, defeating Gold Coast in Tasmania.

Richmond, meanwhile, are also hitting their straps as they put a nail in the coffin of Port Adelaide’s season.

Sam Mitchell hasn’t been afraid to put a tag on this season – could this finally be the week where a team puts some defensive thought into Shai Bolton?

Finn Maginness restricted Touk Miller to 21 disposals last weekend and has proven effective in that role.

With everything at stake, it’s hard to tip against the Tigers.

Tip: Richmond by 19 points.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/08/11/who-will-win-and-why-the-predictions-and-tips-for-round-22/