Author Topic: Maurice Rioli & Marlion Pickett racially vilified online last night (7news)  (Read 1834 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Lowlife scum  >:(.

The AFL is joining forces with Richmond to investigate the identity of online trolls who racially targeted two Tigers players. Maurice Rioli Jr. and Marlion Pickett were vilified last night, an act the club says is "reprehensible" and "must stop".

https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1561270878855655425

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
“Pathetic individuals”: Racist abuse directed at two Richmond players

Mitch Keating
zerohanger.com
August 21, 2022

Richmond are the latest AFL club to hit out at vile racist slurs directed at their players, with a pair of Tigers subject to online abuse.

On a night where Richmond celebrated their 13th win of the season, a 66-point hammering over the Bombers, the celebrations were soured by disgraceful 'fan' behaviour.

On Sunday the Tigers released a statement condemning the conduct of "pathetic individuals", with an investigation led by the AFL's Integrity Unit underway.

"Last night two Richmond players were the subject of vile racist abuse online," the statement reads.

"The Club condemns the behaviour in the strongest possible terms.

"Racism is reprehensible and must stop.

"The pathetic individuals who choose to behave in such way need to be called out.

"The Club has referred the matter to AFL integrity who will now seek to identify the individuals."

https://www.zerohanger.com/pathetic-individuals-racist-abuse-directed-at-two-richmond-players-126189/

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Expect nothing less for the most entitled back a grubs. Essendon supporters deserve another decade of irrelevance. In fact give them a lifetime. Worst club and supporters on planet.
Go Tigers!

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
Expect nothing less for the most entitled back a grubs. Essendon supporters deserve another decade of irrelevance. In fact give them a lifetime. Worst club and supporters on planet.

Carlton says hello

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland

Carlton says hello

The Druggies are light years ahead of any other club on the campaigner ladder.  Unhinged nut jobs most of whom are on the verge of being locked up.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Agree they are the pits.

Carlton are a close 2nd.
Go Tigers!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Saw the vile tweets last night. Similar to the crap Eddie Betts has copped  >:(.

Reported that lowlife's handle to Twitter too last night. Weak response back. While admitting their hateful conduct rules were broken, they only asked the gutless cretin hiding behind a keyboard to remove the tweets rather than suspending/banning him. So the tweets are still viewable. So much for not tolerating racism  ::)  :thumbsdown.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Saw the vile tweets last night. Similar to the crap Eddie Betts has copped  >:(.

Reported that lowlife's handle to Twitter too last night. Weak response back. While admitting their hateful conduct rules were broken, they only asked the gutless cretin hiding behind a keyboard to remove the tweets rather than suspending/banning him. So the tweets are still viewable. So much for not tolerating racism  ::)  :thumbsdown.

I haven't seen them

If I had I'd report too.

Twitter are pretty weak when it comes to taking action on most issues
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
West Coast forward Liam Ryan has taken a strong stand against the racism scourge haunting the AFL, lashing out at internet trolls after Richmond players Maurice Rioli Jnr and Marlion Pickett were abused on Saturday night.

Ryan took to Instagram in a show of support for his fellow Aboriginal players on Sunday night, posting a story with the caption “This is f***ing disgusting it need to stop got your back my brother @mauriceriolijnr @pickettmarls”.

AFL Player’s Association president Paul Marsh added his voice to the pleas for change.

“More racist filth directed at two of our indigenous players. All at @AFLPlayers stand with Marlion and Maurice Jr,” he said.

“Why anyone would think like this, let alone post about it is completely beyond me.”

Marsh shared a screenshot of an Instagram story by Daniel Rioli, the Richmond teammate and uncle of Rioli Jnr.

“This needs to stop!!!! I’ll continue to stand strong with all my brothers and sisters,” the Tigers defender wrote.

n.b. I won't post it here but the link includes what the racist scumbag tweeted:
https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/west-coast-eagles-forward-liam-ryan-calls-out-internet-troll-who-attacked-richmond-tigers-players-online-c-7961160

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
He HAS been banned now [by Twitter]. No doubt due to the massive amount of reports!

https://twitter.com/LaraSto70569375/status/1562012835676590081

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
What does it matter if someone is blocked on Twitter really. They can just make another account if they want to.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
What does it matter if someone is blocked on Twitter really. They can just make another account if they want to.

Agreed, is this really a justifiable punishment

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Have said since day dot, the amount of damage social media can do, it should be licensed with proper identification. Shouldnt be allowed to run a mass social media platform unless you expect users to create an account linked to say, a driver's licence. So that accountability be ensured. Whether it be hate, violence, abuse whatever. Sooner this happens the better.
Go Tigers!

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
Have said since day dot, the amount of damage social media can do, it should be licensed with proper identification. Shouldnt be allowed to run a mass social media platform unless you expect users to create an account linked to say, a driver's licence. So that accountability be ensured. Whether it be hate, violence, abuse whatever. Sooner this happens the better.

Agree
Over here in the Philippines they are the masters of the “dummy accounts” on Facebook where they can say whatever they like , whenever they like, in public