Author Topic: Tim Taranto [merged]  (Read 44517 times)

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tim Taranto to Richmond thread [merged]
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2022, 02:10:44 PM »
If no one else is willing to pay over a second round pick maybe , but if we play the Adrian  Dorledio game we may end up losing him to another side who will pay what he is worth which is a 1st round pick at least imo

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2022, 02:55:29 PM »
I'd expect our first rounder to be in danger for this deal to get done. Depending where we finish it may not be enough. I'd be disappointed if we parted with 2 of our top 3 picks but that's maybe what it will take. It may depend on GWS value more, do they want more kids coming through? Or would they want a player who will play best 22 and not cost as much in salary cap, I'm thinking like a Soldo, RCD or a Castagna.

I'd expect a first rounder + our 2nd or one of those players.(hold onto Pick 19).
Go Tigers!

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2022, 10:57:51 PM »
TARANTO DEADLINE LOOMS AFTER MEETINGS WITH VIC CLUBS

by David Zita
SEN
31 August 2022

Tim Taranto is set to make a decision on his future by the end of next week.

Taranto is not a free agent but is a genuine chance to depart Greater Western Sydney after six seasons there since being taken with pick No.2 in the 2016 draft.

Foxfooty.com.au revealed in July that Taranto, 24, was being circled by Victorian clubs, with Richmond and Collingwood among the key suitors.

Foxfooty.com.au understands Taranto has now completed all due diligence and meetings with prospective clubs and is now weighing up his future.

Should Taranto opt to leave the Giants, Richmond looms as a likely target, which would bring with it a hint of irony as current Tigers assistant coach Adam Kinglsey will become GWS’ new senior coach at the conclusion of the season.

Taranto’s value ranges between the $650,000 to $700,000 a year mark.

The 26-year-old’s teammates in Jacob Hopper and Bobby Hill are also live chances to be playing elsewhere in 2023, with Hill highly likely to join Collingwood this trade period.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-trade-news-rumours-whispers-brodie-grundy-port-adelaide-out-of-race-contenders-suitors-junior-rioli-ollie-henry-josh-corbett-collingwood-magpies-players-out-of-contract/news-story/0550ed751ce43bbc5cb0de8849fa0151

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2022, 09:28:48 AM »
650-700 would be a bargain. Reckon he's worth more imo

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2022, 08:40:13 PM »
Love watching Sonsie.
Ross playing well.
Adding Taranto to this group will be great.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2022, 06:33:36 AM »
One thing about last night's loss is it confirms our picks 12, 19 and 30 going into the trade period.

Jon Ralph said post-game that other clubs have told him Taranto will be heading to Richmond as we are offering Taranto $700k p.a. and other clubs aren't willing to match or beat that figure.

So what do we offer up trade wise to get him? Our first pick?

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2022, 06:40:45 AM »
We need to start bringing talent in, Taranto would be a great start. The concerning thing for me is, who didn’t play last night that could be best 22? I can think of stack, Graham and grimes. I’m worried we’re about to drop off a cliff especially if we see some more retirement

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2022, 02:10:50 PM »
Sam Edmund reporting TT nominates us this week. 

Offline Jobba

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2022, 03:22:21 PM »
Breaking.

GWS has accepted Tim Taranto is leaving for Richmond on a monster SEVEN year deal worth well over  $750K a year.

He was keen to stay but couldn’t given the scope of the offer.

Might allow the Giants to keep one of Hill or Bruhn

https://twitter.com/ralphyheraldsun/status/1565929684231401473
« Last Edit: September 03, 2022, 04:32:47 PM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2022, 04:36:03 PM »
Sam Edmund reporting TT nominates us this week.
GUN GWS ON-BALLER TO REQUEST TRADE TO RICHMOND IN COMING DAYS

By Laurence Rosen
SEN
3 September 2022

GWS midfielder Tim Taranto is expected to request a trade to Richmond in the coming days, according to SEN Chief Sports Reporter Sam Edmund.

As the Giants look to reset under new coach Adam Kingsley in 2023, several players are expected to depart as a result of salary cap pressures.

Edmund says that while GWS wants to keep the star on-baller, a more lucrative offer from Richmond will ultimately see him depart.

“My expectation is (Taranto) is going to be a put a trade request in to Richmond in the coming days,” he said on SEN’s Crunch Time.

“Now the Tigers are out of the finals race, my expectation is this is going to happen very soon.

“GWS wanted to keep him, they offered him a range of options. He was the one they wanted to keep.

“I think he’s a nice fit at the Tigers, Dion Prestia and Jack Graham’s injury left them really (depleted) in midfield.”

Taranto has been a mainstay in GWS’ side since being taken with pick two in the 2016 draft.

He played 16 games in 2022, averaging 25 disposals and four clearances.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/09/03/gun-gws-on-baller-to-request-trade-to-richmond-in-coming-days/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2022, 04:59:19 PM »
Kane Cornes' reaction on twitter:

Quote from: Kane Cornes
7 years
May as well round it up to 10
"You pay for a Mercedes but you get a Toyota."

@kanecornes' warning for clubs such as Collingwood, who have been linked to Dan McStay, about the AFL's 'contract con' phenomenon.

https://twitter.com/FootyonNine/status/1554082827947352064
https://twitter.com/kanecornes/status/1565941440773238785

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2022, 05:10:50 PM »
Well he’d be an excellent pick up. What’s the price ?

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2022, 06:55:25 PM »
Well he’d be an excellent pick up. What’s the price ?

I hear $5mil for 7 years

Bargain

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2022, 08:09:59 PM »
...  with industry figures suggesting the Tigers had offered a seven-year deal worth about $5 million.

The Giants will ask for at least the Tigers’ first-round draft pick as part of a trade for the former Sandringham Dragons product who was taken with the second pick of the 2016 national draft.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/richmond-tigers-offer-tim-taranto-a-monster-deal-20220903-p5bf5p.html?js-chunk-not-found-refresh=true