Author Topic: AFL not observing a minutes silence in AFLW indigenous round  (Read 899 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
AFL not observing a minutes silence in AFLW indigenous round
« on: September 16, 2022, 08:35:52 AM »
Daisy spoke well but is it disrespectful and/or intolerant to someone who has served the Commonwealth loyally and for so long not to observe the minutes silence

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/afl/article-11198837/AFLW-wont-observe-minute-silence-Queens-death-NRLW-player-Caitlin-Moran-deletes-post.html

Daisy's speech

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-09-15/daisy-pearce-indigenous-round-minute-silence-queen-aflw/101443846

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: AFL not observing a minutes silence in AFLW indigenous round
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2022, 09:38:12 AM »
Each to their own Chuck. Couldn’t care less about either of those causes, though doesn’t mean people should respect other views but we are in this country after all. If not leave. I couldn’t see her post. What was it?

I did find it funny listening to 3AW yesterday, when a Moron city councilor called up and was upset due to a previous caller labeling it Moron not Moreland council, or whatever they call themselves now. Tom then said but it’s okay for one of your councilors to walk out during a minute silence. He spoke like a fool, and this bloke spearheads a council.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2022, 02:53:44 PM »
Reconciliation only goes one way :shh

I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Broadsword

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2022, 02:01:31 PM »
"I leave symbols for the symbol-minded."
 - George Carlin -