Author Topic: 138th RFC Annual General Meeting --- 19th December, 2022  (Read 2786 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
138th RFC Annual General Meeting --- 19th December, 2022
« on: November 04, 2022, 06:20:49 PM »
138th Annual General Meeting

The Annual General Meeting of the Richmond Football Club Limited will be held on Monday, 19 December 2021 at 5.30pm (AEST).

Richmond Football Club Limited

A.C.N. 005 563 011

138th ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING

The Annual General Meeting of the Richmond Football Club Limited (“the Club”) will be held at the Swinburne Centre at Punt Road Oval, Richmond, Victoria on Monday, 19 December 2022 at 5.30pm (AEST).

Access to the Annual General Meeting will also be available in a virtual format.

The Club will provide members with the notice of the Annual General Meeting and all details in relation to accessing and participating in the virtual aspect of the meeting.  The opportunity will exist for members joining virtually to ask questions during the meeting in respect to the items of business listed, as well as any general questions in respect to the Club.  Members may submit questions in advance of the meeting by emailing Michael Stahl (Company Secretary) at mstahl@richmondfc.com.au.

Business

1. To receive and consider the Annual Financial Report and the Directors’ Report and Declaration for the year ended 31 October 2022;
2. Declaration of the results of the election of two Directors of the Club;
3. Recognition of Club Award Winners;
4. Recognition of Life Members; and
5. To transact any other business which may lawfully be brought forward.

ELECTION OF DIRECTORS

In accordance with the Club’s Constitution, the Director positions of Emmett Dunne and Mary Padbury are to be filled by an election.

Each of these Directors, being eligible, may offer themselves for election.

Nominations for the position of Director will be accepted at the Club until 5.00pm on Friday, 18 November 2022.  All nominees must be a current member of the Club and nominations must be signed by two members of the Club (in accordance with the Club’s Constitution).

Further, under the Constitution of the Club, the nominee and their proposer and seconder and all members intending to vote must have been a financial member of the Club for the 2022 year by 31 August 2022.

Nominees should be aware that due to Director obligations, any new Director is to be subject to a police investigation and any other enquiries necessary to ensure that the Director meets the criteria of the relevant Acts and Regulations.

Nomination Forms and further information are available by enquiry to the Company Secretary, Michael Stahl on 9426 4409 or at mstahl@richmondfc.com.au.

Signed: M Stahl
Company Secretary
4 November 2022

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1244507/138th-annual-general-meeting

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: 138th RFC Annual General Meeting --- 19th December, 2022
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2022, 09:09:56 PM »
Financial results cannot be far away
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2022, 01:01:09 PM »
Emmett Dunne and Mary Padbury will be re-elected to the Richmond board unopposed.

No other candidates were forthcoming for the two vacancies on the board prior to the closure of nominations last Friday, meaning an election won’t be necessary before the annual general meeting on 19 December.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1249274/dunne-padbury-re-elected-to-richmond-board

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2022, 05:08:35 PM »
Bump.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2022, 05:51:34 PM »
Watching on line, couldn't make it in. 5.30pm start not fan friendly

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2022, 06:46:54 PM »
Dr Greg Hickey has been awarded RFC life membership.

Joan Chapple was the recipient of the Alice Wills Award.

Grimesy said his hammy is fine. He did pull out his back for a couple of weeks bending down to pat his dog but he's all good now.

Grimesy was also asked about the dual captaincy. He replied it was a bit rushed and "clunky" before round 1 this year but has been working well once it settled down.

Peggy said on the redevelopment that we have $10m from the state government with another $5m on the way. We also have $15m from the federal government. The rest will be raised via fundraising.

Q&A was only a couple of questions. Peggy was asked firstly about concussion issues in the AFL.

Peggy was then asked about us regaining our own stand alone VFLW side. She replied that VFL women's program was a victim of the covid cuts and the cutting of our VFLW team wasn't a permanent decision. Once we are in financial position to do so we hope to bring it back. She added she viewed it just like the men's VFL team as a development tool for our younger players to learn at the lower level how we play at AFLW level.

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2022, 06:54:37 PM »
Emmett Dunne and Mary Padbury will be re-elected to the Richmond board unopposed.

No other candidates were forthcoming for the two vacancies on the board prior to the closure of nominations last Friday, meaning an election won’t be necessary before the annual general meeting on 19 December.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1249274/dunne-padbury-re-elected-to-richmond-board

Did any member get notification of the nomination deadline or was that sent to Emmett and Mary only?

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2022, 08:48:34 PM »

Peggy was then asked about us regaining our own stand alone VFLW side. She replied that VFL women's program was a victim of the covid cuts and the cutting of our VFLW team wasn't a permanent decision. Once we are in financial position to do so we hope to bring it back. She added she viewed it just like the men's VFL team as a development tool for our younger players to learn at the lower level how we play at AFLW level.

Have to say the answer didn't make sense to me. "Financial position to so". What the? We are paying the full AFLW soft cap... itcjust doesn't make any sense

But whatever

Did any member get notification of the nomination deadline or was that sent to Emmett and Mary only?

Per the very first post in this thread it was advertised via the Club's website and most likely in the newspapers in early November

Which is all the are required to do under Corps Law

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2022, 10:33:11 PM »
Yeah, they no doubt put it in fine print that is impossible to find.  Peggy for all the good she has done has made Board membership the exclusive domain of the inner circle now.  Reeks of AFL style nepotism and poos me no end.  We are a working-class peoples club.  That sort of BS is expected from the likes of Hawthorn, Melbourne and Carlton, not us.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2022, 03:41:44 AM »
Yeah, they no doubt put it in fine print that is impossible to find.  Peggy for all the good she has done has made Board membership the exclusive domain of the inner circle now.  Reeks of AFL style nepotism and poos me no end.  We are a working-class peoples club.  That sort of BS is expected from the likes of Hawthorn, Melbourne and Carlton, not us.
Tbh it seems to have worked very well over the past 9 years?? But I agree it is something to be mindful of.
When a collective is moving in harmony towards a unified purpose it is generally good as long as the agenda is the correct one.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2022, 07:11:35 AM »

When it appeared on the website it certainly wasn't hard to find.

The Club didn't do anything different this year to what it has done in previous years. So I don't get the angst

I think to give Peggy a clip is unfair IMHO.

Members are to blame for the current set up. I have said this for years, members apathy allowed the constitutional changes that governs how the board is made up now. I was critical of it and voted against it but on the night it passed 4 people voted against the changes. Members cannot complain now as very few did nothing to stop it

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2022, 07:23:54 AM »

Have to say the answer didn't make sense to me. "Financial position to so". What the? We are paying the full AFLW soft cap... itcjust doesn't make any sense

But whatever

Are we certain the VFLW spend is part of the soft cap? Her answer would assume that the soft cap has nothing to do with it and would answer the question why all the poor clubs like north melbourne have a VFLW team and are still competitive in the AFLW too.
The club that keeps giving.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2022, 12:46:11 PM »

But whatever

Are we certain the VFLW spend is part of the soft cap? Her answer would assume that the soft cap has nothing to do with it and would answer the question why all the poor clubs like north melbourne have a VFLW team and are still competitive in the AFLW too.

I can assure you that the cost of a VFLW side would come under the AFLW soft cap just like our men's vfl side does

Answer doesn't make one iota of sens to me

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2022, 01:52:35 PM »

The Richmond Football Club is now a multi million dollar organisation. We need knowledgable and capable people on the Board.

The days of the rank and file membership being qualified to be effective board members has long pass

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2022, 10:39:27 PM »
The Richmond Football Club is now a multi million dollar organisation. We need knowledgable and capable people on the Board.

The days of the rank and file membership being qualified to be effective board members has long pass

While I understand your point I think you are selling our "rank and file membership" very short.

Our "Rank and file membership " would include many people who run their own companies, serve on other boards and have the necessary skill set