Author Topic: You can only choose one in their prime. Who do you take?  (Read 1932 times)

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Re: You can only choose one in their prime. Who do you take?
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2022, 08:36:05 AM »
We cannot forget that for most of his career Richo was the ONLY goal kicker we had.

If he didn’t kick them we didn’t have many other players who were capable and our mids weren’t competent goal kickers either.

For instance, it didn’t really matter if Alastair Lynch didn’t kick the goal because all the pressure didn’t fall on his shoulders as the lions had Akermanis, Lappin, Jonathan Brown, and plenty of mcapable mids that could kick goals and ease the pressure.

Richo did not have this luxury most of his career. If he didn’t kick the goal then there was no one else.
That pressure each time he was lining up was heightened with every one he missed and played a major factor with his psyche.

I’m certain that you’ll find the years we had more goal kickers in the side his goal kicking percentage would have improved significantly.
The club that keeps giving.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2022, 09:05:14 AM »
We cannot forget that for most of his career Richo was the ONLY goal kicker we had.

If he didn’t kick them we didn’t have many other players who were capable and our mids weren’t competent goal kickers either.

For instance, it didn’t really matter if Alastair Lynch didn’t kick the goal because all the pressure didn’t fall on his shoulders as the lions had Akermanis, Lappin, Jonathan Brown, and plenty of mcapable mids that could kick goals and ease the pressure.

Richo did not have this luxury most of his career. If he didn’t kick the goal then there was no one else.
That pressure each time he was lining up was heightened with every one he missed and played a major factor with his psyche.

I’m certain that you’ll find the years we had more goal kickers in the side his goal kicking percentage would have improved significantly.

They also had Bradshaw playing in the backline lol

Ridiculously talented team.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2022, 09:50:55 AM »
I really know nothing of Royce or Titus so of the two I do know id pick Jack. He was far more reliable than Richo.

Definition of reliable? Ball in air, Richo. Ball going through big sticks, Jack. Richo has taken the most contested marks in the game’s history. More than Duck Carey.

Guess he means goalkicking accuracy.

Jack goes at about 62%, Richo went at about 59%. We don't keep record of OOTF but if you just round down a little bit that's about it and there's really not a big gap between them.

For comparison Hawkins goes at about 63% and Kennedy went at about over 64%.

Wayne Carey went at about 61%.

So Richo is a fair drop from these guys but Jack hardly a lot better himself especially over his later years when he gets less shots and really needs to capitalise.

I also thought that point but I think our eyes would make Jack more reliable in front of goal. I loved Richo and doubt we’d have got to 100,000 members if gen x’ers like me didn’t have him to look forward to going to see him play in the ‘90’s.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.